• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KROENKE SUCKS

How does hiring some no name show the board has ambition?

When Barca hired Pep they had already won the UCL and several La Liga titles. The Barca president had earnt the right to gamble with Guardiola. Stan and Ivan have-not earnt anything.

For me a manager who signifies ambition with the requisite transfer spending to show ambition is a must. Anything else and its time for Gazidis out.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We make a profit most windows and never spend the reported budget yet somehow in the next window the budget is still the same. Our problem this summer is we're running out of players to sell for any decent value, we did that last summer and in Jan. It will be interesting if we actually spend our budget for a change, I'm sure some of it will go on payments for Auba & Laca because they probably weren't paid up front.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just to delve away from the usual suspects a bit, Petit mentioned a name that I thought was interesting -- Giovanni van Bronckhorst. His fluid but slightly more direct style might suit Aubameyang and Lacazette. He won the Eredivisie last year with Feyenoord. Has largely modeled his own managerial career after what he learned from Wenger, so he would tick the boxes on progressive style and continuing the qualities and values Wenger has instilled in the club. I'm surprised his name hasn't been brought up more.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
mikel-arteta-signs-for-arsenal-at-london-colney-on-september-05-2011-picture-id123871381

mikel-arteta-hot.jpg

611385320.jpg.0.jpg

Quite literally the strongest hairline in the known universe. Not even sure why this is up for debate.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
An other issue with Arteta being coach is it won't attract players at all unless we overpay them.

For instance Rodgers & Moyes got turned down by so many good players.
Mourinho & Klopp are attracting far better players with approx the same ressources.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We’ve signed a new deal with multiple sponsors (crypto currency, electric cars and probably there) we’re very close to a new main shirt maker deal worth an extra £10m+ a year and a sleeve sponsorship worth an extra £10m

That’s at least £20m extra as well as the smaller deals. That alone will almost make up lost CL revenue, if we then get in to the CL that’s an extra ??£20-30m

£50m was pulled out of someone’s arseh*le

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I really don’t think the next manager has that big of a rebuilding project on his hands.

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Özil, Mkhitaryan, Ramsey etc are some fantastic offensive options.

What we need is some solidity at the back, a fresh approach and a better mentality.

A lot of people scoffed at the time but look at how much a single top CB like Van Dijk has transformed Liverpool. They’ve got 6 CS in their last 11 league games, they kept City comfortably at bay in the CL.

It’s not just that he’s a good individual defender either. His presence has utterly transformed that team. Plug a top CB into the mix and suddenly their fullbacks looks class, suddenly their goalkeeper looks good, suddenly even Lovren looks competent.

Replace our clowns at the back with some top players and I’ve no doubt we’d see the same thing at Arsenal too.

Our midfield has been a huge issue too.
It's simply not working and there's a huge lack of quality.

Ramsey isn't great/consistent at doing classic CM stuff. Elneny has been improving but he still isn't a starter in a top 4 team, Xhaka really inconsistent and the rest has been rubbish.

We have the worst midfield in the top 6. By far.

I'd say we need at least a GK, 2 CB, and 2 CM (one more defensive minded) to be competitive again.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Liverpool and Chelsea are nothing special in midfield tbf, at least personnel wise

It has worked far better than ours overrall during the season.

How many games have we played where our midfield has been rubbish, couldn't create a single opportunity for our offensive players and couldn't properly protect our back 4?

Our back 4 has been terrible but our midfield didn't help at all.

Even during last game it was poor overrall. We had to wait for a lucky goal from Ramsey to unlock the game. To get more spaces to exploit.

Also I think we've became really poor in transition because there's a serious lack of quality there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom