• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

benjamin86

Established Member
I think we can generate a lot of money in sales.

Jenkinson
Perez
Campbell
Akpom
Asano
Martinez
Bramall

Just those 7 could generate 25-35m with no impact on the squad.

And then dependent on who we want to replace we could sell...
Welbeck for 20-25m
Mustafi/ Chambers for 15-20m
Xhaka 20-25m
Bellerin 40-60m?

Emmanueleboue2

Jenkinson
Perez
Campbell
Akpom
Asano
Martinez
Bramall

Welbeck for 20-25m
Xhaka 20-25m
Bellerin 40-60m?

Horn 4m
Pavard 20m
L.Torreira 20m
Meyer 0m
L.bailley 50m-60m

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Jenkinson
Perez
Campbell
Akpom
Asano
Martinez
Bramall

Take Perez off that list and we'd be lucky to get anything over £10m for that lot. Even with Perez probably looking at around £20m. Important to clear out the deadwood though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

Jenkinson
Perez
Campbell
Akpom
Asano
Martinez
Bramall

Welbeck for 20-25m
Xhaka 20-25m
Bellerin 40-60m?
I think we forget new managers often sell big players that are not in their plans... Could see big outgoings as the midfield is fixed, if we need wide players, a #10 or 1/2 strikers. Wenger had a quite unique setup.

blaise

Ramsey and even Bellerin could be sold to fund new moves.

It will be hard to find good buyers for Xhaka, Mustafi because of salary, the fee will go down.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey and even Bellerin could be sold to fund new moves.

It will be hard to find good buyers for Xhaka, Mustafi because of salary, the fee will go down.

We're supposed to be trying to get better, what on earth's the point in selling Ramsey and Bellerin? We don't have cheap replacements at the ready, we'd just have to spend the money to replace them or, y'know, get even worse.

blaise

We're supposed to be trying to get better, what on earth's the point in selling Ramsey and Bellerin? We don't have cheap replacements at the ready, we'd just have to spend the money to replace them or, y'know, get even worse.

Depends of the new manager but for example Allegri can get the same output we get from Bellerin with a player who costs like 10m.
Also think we ll be rebuilding midfield a bit and if we are short with cash those two sales seem most logical to me, again depends of the new manager and his tactics, but somehow I dont see Ramsey here after Wenger, even if he signs dont think he stays for long, he is too used to be treated like prodigal son. If new manager asks more of him in positioning it wont end good.

Hinderz

Depends of the new manager but for example Allegri can get the same output we get from Bellerin with a player who costs like 10m
That would also apply to just selling Mustafi for example and using the money to buy a cheap replacement, but we get to keep our better players.

blaise

That would also apply to just selling Mustafi for example and using the money to buy a cheap replacement, but we get to keep our better players.

You missed the point, for Bellerin you can get 45-50m, for Mustafi we couldnt get 20-25m last summer, imagine his value after this season performances, we ll be lucky to get 10-15m.

Also players who have demand you can sell almost first day and use those funds. Mustafi and Xhaka will probably be on sale whole summer waiting for someone to take a bait.

Likes of Campbell are for sale for 3-4 years and some still include him when counting how much we can get from sales for our budget. You have to know when to cut your losses. Should have taken Inters money last season even if it was in lot of installments.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
You missed the point, for Bellerin you can get 45-50m, for Mustafi we couldnt get 20-25m last summer, imagine his value after this season performances, we ll be lucky to get 10-15m.

Also players who have demand you can sell almost first day and use those funds. Mustafi and Xhaka will probably be on sale whole summer waiting for someone to take a bait.

Likes of Campbell are for sale for 3-4 years and some still include him when counting how much we can get from sales for our budget. You have to know when to cut your losses. Should have taken Inters money last season even if it was in lot of installments.

I don't recall Wenger wanting to let Campbell go permanently. Pretty sure a big bid was turned down following the last world cup which in hindsight probably should have been accepted.

On your mustafi point - wasn't his potential sale last summer dependent on getting another CB? Maybe inter are still interested so could be one to keep an eye on this summer.

blaise

Inter was haggling, wanted a loan with option to buy, no one else seriously interested. They ll be interested but on cheap.

Campbell I am talking all the summers and winters after that WC.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
You can understand the club telling inter to do one then. The cheek of asking to loan a £35m signing the previous summer.

The club was never looking to move Campbell on permanently during that time. Wenger liked him as backup, and I'm sure it was Joel himself that pushed for the loan moves in the last couple of years. He probably knew the writing was on the wall in terms of being a regular starter.

Hinderz

I didn’t miss your point, I just don’t agree. I’d rather we keep our best players, and sell two average players to buy one good one and promote youth to make up the difference.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
£50M is a joke of a budget, no way we're competing when our rivals will have four times the amount available.

Looks like we'll be shopping in the bargain bucket this summer.

blaise

With some sales we could easily have 150-200m, you have to sacrifice something if we are strapped for cash

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Luis Enrique: Koulibaly, Lucas Torreira, Malcom

Genuinely no idea which GK to bring in, apart from the ones we can't afford they're all either a bit mediocre or just too young. Butland or Lafont, I guess.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I like the look of that. I don't know if Milinkovic-Savic is the right guy to play next to Xhaka just because he's more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive midfielder, he's a great player though. If we could lure Emre Can here I think he'd do well next to Xhaka. Don't know enough about Leno, I hear he's a bit hot and cold, but I could definitely get on board with that team.

Emre Can should definitely be on the clubs watchlist. The German influence at the club could be an advantage. Solves the need for a midfielder on the cheap leaving the big funds to be spent strengthening elsewhere.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Koulibaly and De Vrij and CB problem gone.
William Carvalho as the DM.
Mahrez and Forsberg/Draxler for the wings.

That would be at least a £300m transfer window. We can do it. Time to splash the cash and give the new coach an awesome squad to work with!

The resultant success will pay for the money spent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom