• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester United v Arsenal | April 29, 2018 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

If you could only punch one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ws-Arséne-Wenger-Man-Utd-Premier-League-squad

So we're resting for Atletico.. Big opportunity for whatever youngster that gets a chance, they can make a name for themselves with a great performance here.. I'm just hoping this doesn't end badly, I'm expecting a loss, just keep it respectable.
Always glad to see these guys get a chance so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I hope they acquit themselves well. Nelson in particular has a lot to prove - he's our best attacking talent at U23 level and he has yet to translate that to competitive first team games so far, only shown glimpses. If I were him, I'd concentrate on the final 3rd, making the right runs and creating space rather than trying to make things happen on the ball deep in midfield. I hope he is played LW rather than RW too, because he can use his shooting.

Nketiah is unlucky because Auba is ahead of him, but it would be great to see him get an opportunity aswell, as he has thoroughly deserved one. Willock I'm a fan of, but I'd like to see AMN in a midfield role instead. It would be interesting to see them both alongside Xhaka but that might be a bit too much inexperience in the middle of the park - as much as I'd love to see it.

Also, seeing Osei-Tutu in the squad makes me happy. The most improved player from the academy, deserves a game at RB.

HBL

Established Member
Hopefully Mavropanos plays but probably inevitable that it will be Chambers and Holding with Bellerin right back.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Bellerin hardly ever gets rested. More reason to get a quality experienced RB back up/competition, although with all the other signings we need who am I kidding.

Not looking forward to a Holding-Chambers duo, but will look forward to this if we play some youngsters. Would love to see Nketiah over the full 90. Don't fancy Willock much, but will probably see him start and Nketiah benched...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I know I said I dont like to rest players and risk a hammering, I do accept that its the right thing to do for this game. What annoys me now though is Wenger talking about giving youngsters the chance, and this club having a history of giving youngsters a chance blah blah., well he didnt give many a chance this season did he! There were times when Welbeck was awful but Nketiah didnt get a look in. Maybe giving youngsters a chance in the PL this season would have helped him keep his job. If there is one thing that has aided Wengers downfall its his lack of taking risks in recent seasons. When you have useless defenders and blunt attackers you have to do something. Wenger stuck with the same players regardless and its cost him his job.

Stannis

Sad is it I dont care for the result, so id go with this

----------------- Cech
------Chambers- Per - Holding
AMN --- Willock ---- Iwobi ----- Sead
----------- Nelson ---- Eddie
------------------- PEA

Miki to come on in the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom