• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal myths

GDeep™

League is very weak
Central midfield was key i agree but the back 5 gave Wenger the freedom and money to look elsewhere
What was the back 5 doing before Wenger got here?

Wenger improved everything, from training, diet and discipline, which improved the back 5 if anything.

Though I see what you’re saying, having those guys allowed Wenger to improve elsewhere more easily.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wengers biggest platform was Vieira. As years go by his legend grows further because a midfielder like him has never been seen again.

Heard an interview with Parlour, was saying that Vieira used to question the players every Monday about their weekend performances, call people out if they made mistakes etc.

Vieira is right up there with Adams, Wright, Bergkamp and Henry in terms of modern greats, I’ll have him on top of my list.

Jojoba

We all know that wenger has been a frustrating egotistical sod for the last decade or so. But people trying to discredit his first successful years here is funny.. The likes of Tony Adams, Keown, Seaman etc all testify that wenger revived their dwindling careers by prolonging them for a few more seasons when they thought they were done at the top.
I wanted wenger gone as he had gone stale and stagnated the club. But to just down play his massive impact right now just because he has been so divisive for tye last decade.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We all know that wenger has been a frustrating egotistical sod for the last decade or so. But people trying to discredit his first successful years here is funny.. The likes of Tony Adams, Keown, Seaman etc all testify that wenger revived their dwindling careers by prolonging them for a few more seasons when they thought they were done at the top.
I wanted wenger gone as he had gone stale and stagnated the club. But to just down play his massive impact right now just because he has been so divisive for tye last decade.
Never-mind the first 10... The second 10 will look good in history. Just compare it with some of these hyped up teams that would kill for an fa cup.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Wengers biggest platform was Vieira. As years go by his legend grows further because a midfielder like him has never been seen again.

Heard an interview with Parlour, was saying that Vieira used to question the players every Monday about their weekend performances, call people out if they made mistakes etc.

Vieira is right up there with Adams, Wright, Bergkamp and Henry in terms of modern greats, I’ll have him on top of my list.
A prime Viera would transform the current side more than any player sans the Messis, etc. Attitudinally especially, but by no means limited to that.

say yes

forum master baiter
@Jury is right tbh. That back 5 was absolutely elite and one of the cornerstones of Wenger’s early success. Probably the best drilled defence in English football history.

Doesn’t need to be a criticism of Arsène at all - the club were still floundering before he arrived and he turned everything around. His brilliance lay in rejuvenating and prolonging the careers of that back 5 with his visionary training methods (and dieting) while massively improving our front 6.

Indeed what made that ‘98 team so special was that you had a Wengerball front 6 perfectly fused with Graham’s famous back 5. If it weren’t for the absence of Henry I’d have no hesitation in saying it was Wenger’s best side.

Every iteration of Arsenal after that point were increasingly ‘Wengerball’ (peaking with the Invincibles) but also increasingly lacked Graham’s legacy of an incredibly drilled defence.

Bailey Turmoil

@Jury is right tbh. That back 5 was absolutely elite and one of the cornerstones of Wenger’s early success. Probably the best drilled defence in English football history.

Doesn’t need to be a criticism of Arséne at all - the club were still floundering before he arrived and he turned everything around. His brilliance lay in rejuvenating and prolonging the careers of that back 5 with his visionary training methods (and dieting) while massively improving our front 6.

Indeed what made that ‘98 team so special was that you had a Wengerball front 6 perfectly fused with Graham’s famous back 5. If it weren’t for the absence of Henry I’d have no hesitation in saying it was Wenger’s best side.

Every iteration of Arsenal after that point were increasingly ‘Wengerball’ (peaking with the Invincibles) but also increasingly lacked Graham’s legacy of an incredibly drilled defence.
It's Arsène. How do you not know this by now? And how can you possibly think Arséne makes sense, considering there is a consonant following the é?

Top Bottom