• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

CanadianGooner1608

You know what? Since Wish lists are by definition unrealistic, what I'd actually want is to bolster the squad, and avoid selling anyone (except Ospina). Give those players proper competition for first team spots, and watch the cream rise to the top, and the crap get flushed:

Thomas Partey to compete with Bellerin.
Bailly to compete with Kos/Mustafi.
Fabinho to compete with Xhaka
Let AMN compete with Jack (if he stays) and Rambo for the midfield position.
Get Oblak (or more likely Butland) so he can be mentored by Cech a bit.
Mkhi and Özil can compete as well.
Welbeck/Auba/Laca to compete for the striker spot.

I feel the root of our problems is laziness due to feeling too secure. Give them that extra incentive to actually fight.

MrLuke

Seeing Hulk get a shout makes me feel like I've gone back a decade.

Hulk is extremely fit and he just turned 31 and looks very fit for his age. He could turn out to be 10-times the player Mo Salah has turned out to be for Liverpool.

Defenders would be terrified of playing against him and the Fans will definitely buy tickets to see the spectacular Hulk in action

Bergkamp1988

William Gallas was saying on an interview for the French tele that he'd like to have Ancelotti as the new coach with Henry as assistant. In order to eventually pass the torch to Henry in the futur.

I don't know if it would actually work (considering Henry is a hard headed fella, might be tough to work with) but I kinda like the idea.

Stannis

Would take on a 2 year deal, guy is still class.

Him + a prospect DM like Berge, Rodrigo or Zakkaria would be perfect

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gelson Martins.

Think this guy is a hidden gem, he’s one of the best wingers we could attract, could be our Mane.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Would take on a 2 year deal, guy is still class.

Him + a prospect DM like Berge, Rodrigo or Zakkaria would be perfect

He available on a free? Would definitely like to see him here and maybe the chance to play with Özil again would give us a leg up on other teams.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Pretty realistic wishlist with no CL & our recent high spending.

Trying not to block any of the young talents.

GK
Seems a great time to move for Butland with Stoke relegated & a few of the other English keepers being more hyped up. Can compete with Cech from day one.

CB
Evans for his 3 million release clause is ideal. Provides experience we desperately need with Per gone & Kos out for a while. With three young CBs in the group Evans age is of no concern.

LB / CM
Asamoah on a free seems a no brainer. Perfect utility player for our squad competing at LB, CM & LM.

CDM
Wilfred Ndidi. Will be expensive but best young CDM in the league. Feel we have to move now as another season & the likes of Chelsea, United, City etc could be in for him.

Forward
Zaha. Everything we lack in the wide positions & the added benefit of being able to play central. Looks more than ready to make the step up & would love to see him round better players.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

This Pavlenka guy could be a good shout for goalie, never watched him play, but this article sheds a good light on him.

He's 6'4, described to have cat-like reflexes, one of the best goalies in the Bundesliga this season and should come relatively cheap. Also, Cech is his idol, so he could mentor him for a few years as well.

HBL

Established Member
This Pavlenka guy could be a good shout for goalie, never watched him play, but this article sheds a good light on him.

He's 6'4, described to have cat-like reflexes, one of the best goalies in the Bundesliga this season and should come relatively cheap. Also, Cech is his idol, so he could mentor him for a few years as well.
Should be cheaper than someone like Leno or Butland as well. If we can’t get Oblak or Alisson, Pavlenka is my number one choice.

Stannis

He is outstanding, really surprises me how no scouting network didn't pick him till now.

Excellent reflexes, good positioning, great on 1 v 1 situations and has saved penalties
Distribution is pretty decent as well and he does this all for a side that isn't overly defensive

Probably my only criticism, and this is more a nitpick, is that he could catch the ball more. Having said that when he punches he really does punch it a good distance and often away from the opposition.

Emmanueleboue2

Semi realistic here

GK:
Pavlenka

CB: Chiellini, Pavard/Soyuncu

Cm/dm: Fabinho/Ndombele/Rodri/Ndidi

Wingers: Bailley/Malcolm/mahrez/O.Dembele

With mustafi, holding(loan), wilshere, welbeck out.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
---------------------------------Butland
---------------Mustafi-----------------Koulibally-----------
---Sidibe---------------------Fabinho-------------------Beast-----
---------------------Ramsey-----------------Lemar-----------------
---------Mkhitarian---------Lacazette------------PEA------------

Jardim as the new manager. Also bring in Johnny Evans, Zaha and reluctantly sell Bellerin and Özil.

MrLuke

Semi realistic here

GK:
Pavlenka

CB: Chiellini, Pavard/Soyuncu

Cm/dm: Fabinho/Ndombele/Rodri/Ndidi

Wingers: Bailley/Malcolm/mahrez/O.Dembele

With mustafi, holding(loan), wilshere, welbeck out.

I think instead of O.Demebe they should bring in Y. Carrasco he was the best dribbler in La Liga at one point.

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
New Manger: Allegri
ASM: Arteta​
4-2-3-1
Butland
Bellerin Mavro Chiellini Kola
Ramsey Fabinho
Mahrez Özil PEA
Lacazette​

benjamin86

Established Member
Surprised at the amount of people that want us to sign Butland, he's been poor this season, Cech and Ospina have been better.
I'd rather sign Ben Foster to be honest.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom