• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Wilshere signing a new contract = Arteta confirmed. Arteta's about to turn Wilshere into the English Pirlo. Can't wait.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’m allowed to change opinions. Allegri has been my first choice for a few weeks now.

Of course you are but I've no idea why you're accusing people of making things up when we can all read your posts. We're not mind readers mate.

Besides even if Arteta is now 'only' your second choice, it's fair to say that you still want him. I want Jardim even though he's my second choice for example.

Who are the other loyalists that want Arteta? This line keeps getting mentioned so there must be a few more.

Just off the top of my head: @hydrofluoric acid has been open about wanting Arteta. @carlito'sway is very open about it. @Tir Na Nog is very open about it.

Not really that hard to draw the dots between the people who want Arteta and Wenger's biggest fans. Phenomenon isn't limited to this forum either. Just have a look at Blackburn George's twitter page.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We'll be top 4 next year with a good manager I can guarantee you that - not Arteta though .
I hope you're right bro. If he's as good as Wenger and get's top 4 from year 1, then that's good compensation for all the 'I told you so's', that'll be flying around AM like confetti :lol:.

JimmyTheMac

giphy.gif
Mod edit None of that mate .

Last edited by a moderator:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Doesn’t matter what the fans want anyway, you’ll get what you’re given.

It’s not like this is Liverpool or Utd, there will be little or no backlash from fans no matter who is appointed.
Owners don’t get backlash there either, tbf, as long as the club is doing well.

Don’t forget either, that the actions of our fans was instrumental in whoever deciding that this was Wengers last season. Silent apathetic assassins :drool:

Arteta is just so unproven at managerial level you have to question it. Just because he worked under Pep is that the right option for us now?

Being a coach/assistant etc is so different to being a manager that I just cannot see why we would let him 'cut his teeth' at Arsenal. We want a longer term replacement to bring the best out of what we have whilst improving with what we need. Allegri is proven at that. He performed surgery on a squad losing some very senior heads and managed to manage them through that period and even some would say improve them. Simeone probably wouldn't come but is of a similar irk and definitely would suit Arsenal IMO.

I just cannot see why you would place such a huge risk on Arteta when 6 months down the line, as fans, we would be baying for his head if things went very wrong. Why experiment?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Wilshere signing a new contract = Arteta confirmed. Arteta's about to turn Wilshere into the English Pirlo. Can't wait.

Or Wilshere into Ross Barkley and Bellerin into Tony Hibbert.

Hola Everton.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I hope you're right bro. If he's as good as Wenger and get's top 4 from year 1, then that's good compensation for all the 'I told you so's', that'll be flying around AM like confetti :lol:.

Doesn't have to be as good as Wenger trax , players are all playing for their livelyhoods now .

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We'll be top 4 next year with a good manager I can guarantee you that - not Arteta though .

For sure.. Not much needed to get back there(and maybe even better), just need the board to show ambition and aim for the best and not go for some easy/cheap option with a positive spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom