• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
are him and mavro are good enough to be 3rd and 4th choice? and on the other hand, his best performances have come next to a speedy cb who's better in the air, which are two things that chambers lacks.

mustafi is decent in the air too, but he needs a good leap considering his height, so it doesn't always work for him. i can't say for sure, but i feel like calum's (and mustafi's for that matter) worst performances coincided to matches they played together.

right now, holding seems like the top candidate for a loan out, he'd look the part at a burnley for example.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Chambers is going to be massively important for us moving forward. At Saints he mostly played as a right back and the club saw him as a right back. If we move to a system where we dont have both full backs playing as pseudo wingers we will need cover there as even though Chambers is proving himself at CB Im pretty sure Bellerin is going to be on his bike in the summer so we are going to need a right back + back up.
Whatever pace he does/doesnt add Id guarantee he's a better crosser of the ball than Bellerin anyway.
I think getting one new cb is realistically what we can expect but hopefully he will be the sort of leader and defender we havent seen in years at Arsenal.

He wasn't seen as a right back at Southampton, he broke into the first team there but almost everyone who was involved with him at a young age saw his future through the middle.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Would be interesting to see how he does next season. Looking promising again. Can't be sure how he'll turn out but he's also not a complete no-hoper at this club like Mustafi, so that's something...

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably the fact he's played the last 2, but he's not going to the World Cup and he deserves to have played every minute of the remaining season.

I think Wenger just wanted to give Holding some minutes. He just signed a new deal.

Also, I don't think Holding had a bad match, and playing a man down for 75 minutes plus extra time is pretty rough.

Hopefully, Holding and Chambers play together in our last match.

We have three talented, young defenders in Chambers, Holding, and Mavropanos.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think Wenger just wanted to give Holding some minutes. He just signed a new deal.

Also, I don't think Holding had a bad match, and playing a man down for 75 minutes plus extra time is pretty rough.

Hopefully, Holding and Chambers play together in our last match.

We have three talented, young defenders in Chambers, Holding, and Mavropanos.

Yep, i'm not sure why we keep getting linked to yet more young defenders? We have three already. It's experienced defenders we need.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Yesss :drool:

I like the lad, glad to hear this news. He's seriously underrated.
If Unai deems him ok, I'm totally behind this.
Made progress last year and found his position at CB. Performed while partnered with Mustafi. Needs to bulk up and adopt a death row stare so he won't get bullied. Still need better starters though.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Great news!

Had an excellent end to the season, was particularly impressive when he had to come on against Atletico.

Crazy how decisive the club is this summer. No messing around: contracts here, signings there, getting everything done before pre-season.

say yes

forum master baiter
Great news for anyone who believes in merit.

A lot of people though Calum was toast here after stalling a bit but he’s earned that new contract; I’ve no hesitation in claiming that he was our best CB last season.

Think Middlesbrough was a great move for him in hindsight. Defensive talents seem to benefit more from the loan system than any other position.

Hope we can sort Holding out with something similar this year. Chelsea had the right idea with Christensen, Zouma and Courtois before that too.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Glad to see the lad has caught the eye of the new boss.

The fact he's seen enough of him to insist he stays (in addition to his previous efforts) shows that he has earned his keep & will have plenty of chances to impress.

He'll mature in his own time & marshall a defense comfortably, but for now I want him, Holding & Mavropanos to benefit from the old hand of Sokratis/Koscielny on the field & Mertesacker/Bould off it.

Best news in a day of football intermission :bounce:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He showed himself to be Arsenal’s best CB last season so this isn’t surprising

Think he could become really good in a proper system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom