• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He went to college and Uni, studied journalism, got a job in a local paper after Uni, and slowly worked his way up to the national papers.
Or he done some things on the side, after his paper round.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This isn’t really a shortlist anyway. Seems more like they have a main guy and two fallbacks. I reckon they must be quite confident of getting Allegri because the two fallbacks are rubbish. It would be like me saying to myself I’ll settle for a ladyboy if I can’t get the hot girl at the bar. There’s no way I’m not getting that hottie.

IslingtonBornandbred

Vieira's a top boy. I'd take him over Arteta any day. I loved him as a player, man and lover and that will never change. I came across this article from 2002 a while ago. Absolutely ripped into the club. Doesn't change anything but just thought I'd share it because I'd never seen it before.

Vieira's Highbury feud turns ugly

Arsenal were meeting today to decide their response to Patrick Vieira's extraordinary attack on the club's board, his team-mates and Arsène Wenger's summer signings.
The Frenchman is demanding to leave Highbury but the board are believed to be ready for a legal battle with Vieira to hold him to his contract, which does not expire until 2004. The club know that, in World Cup Finals year, the one good card they have to play is the threat of banishing Vieira to the sidelines.

The 25-year-old's reported comments today inflamed an already tense stand-off. He said: "I need to leave because I want to win more trophies and I just cannot see that happening at Arsenal. Certainly not over the next few years, anyway. Comparing Arsenal to the big clubs in Europe this season is going to be quite ridiculous.

"I do not honestly see Arsenal finishing in the top five in the league - and you can forget the Champions League."

Arsenal wished to keep their star player happy by launching a summer spending spree but Vieira dismissed the signings of Francis Jeffers, Giovanni van Bronckhorst and probably Richard Wright.

"When I told Arsène Wenger I was leaving, he said to me, 'I have £25million to spend on a few players'. My answer was, 'Obviously, Mr Wenger, you are not shopping in Harrods. That will only buy you one good player.' Now I have been proved right. Arsène Wenger has signed two hopeful players who haven't proved themselves in the Premiership yet. One of them is a boy of 20.

"You can't compete with the best clubs in Europe by making these kind of signings. Arsène Wenger is an ambitious manager and he knows deep in his heart that he needs five world-class players to compete among the best in Europe.

"With £25million in the kitty, Arsenal is not a great European club. With that budget they won't even be among the top 20 clubs in Europe."

Fellow Frenchmen Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, Sylvain Wiltord and Gilles Grimandi have urged Vieira to remain at Highbury, but the midfielder criticised his team-mates, saying: "I have given 100 per cent to Arsenal over the last five years. They have only been there for a year or so. They have won nothing with Arsenal. They should stay and try to win things for the club before they open their mouths. My message to these players is that they have their lives and I have mine.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If there is a chance to get Allegri, Gazidis should sacrifice his balls to get it done. After that with bonus money he could buy newer pair of golden nuggets.
Even if we lose Allegri there are still good managers out there who available if we end up with Vieira or Arteta then we are looking for total rebuild and we won't win trophies few season

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Vieira's a top boy. I'd take him over Arteta any day. I loved him as a player, man and lover and that will never change. I came across this article from 2002 a while ago. Absolutely ripped into the club. Doesn't change anything but just thought I'd share it because I'd never seen it before.

Vieira's Highbury feud turns ugly

Arsenal were meeting today to decide their response to Patrick Vieira's extraordinary attack on the club's board, his team-mates and Arséne Wenger's summer signings.
The Frenchman is demanding to leave Highbury but the board are believed to be ready for a legal battle with Vieira to hold him to his contract, which does not expire until 2004. The club know that, in World Cup Finals year, the one good card they have to play is the threat of banishing Vieira to the sidelines.

The 25-year-old's reported comments today inflamed an already tense stand-off. He said: "I need to leave because I want to win more trophies and I just cannot see that happening at Arsenal. Certainly not over the next few years, anyway. Comparing Arsenal to the big clubs in Europe this season is going to be quite ridiculous.

"I do not honestly see Arsenal finishing in the top five in the league - and you can forget the Champions League."

Arsenal wished to keep their star player happy by launching a summer spending spree but Vieira dismissed the signings of Francis Jeffers, Giovanni van Bronckhorst and probably Richard Wright.

"When I told Arséne Wenger I was leaving, he said to me, 'I have £25million to spend on a few players'. My answer was, 'Obviously, Mr Wenger, you are not shopping in Harrods. That will only buy you one good player.' Now I have been proved right. Arséne Wenger has signed two hopeful players who haven't proved themselves in the Premiership yet. One of them is a boy of 20.

"You can't compete with the best clubs in Europe by making these kind of signings. Arséne Wenger is an ambitious manager and he knows deep in his heart that he needs five world-class players to compete among the best in Europe.

"With £25million in the kitty, Arsenal is not a great European club. With that budget they won't even be among the top 20 clubs in Europe."

Fellow Frenchmen Robert Pires, Thierry Henry, Sylvain Wiltord and Gilles Grimandi have urged Vieira to remain at Highbury, but the midfielder criticised his team-mates, saying: "I have given 100 per cent to Arsenal over the last five years. They have only been there for a year or so. They have won nothing with Arsenal. They should stay and try to win things for the club before they open their mouths. My message to these players is that they have their lives and I have mine.
Lmao we had a bigger budget back then.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I swear the people who talk glowingly about Vieira as captain weren’t there to watch it at the time.

On the field yes, he was brilliant, we haven’t come close to replacing him as captain or player

But off the pitch he was frankly speaking a Bastard who caused controversy ever transfer window, probably why Wenger got rid of him early

He purely on the man city gravy train now.

Areteta maybe is as well, but I’d wager he has more to prove, and I reckon more integrity
He used to piss me off with the transfer sagas

JuanCarlosValeron

John Cross and Jeremy Wilson both saying Allegri, Vieira and Arteta are the main contenders at this point.

If that is indeed the case then Allegri (not Alegri FFS) will easily get the job. Patrick Vieira will get lost looking for his statue and Mikel is eating paella at Santi´s whilst Brendan Rodgers is circling around Islington carrying a bunch of envelopes with Chris Hansen on his heels.

Reactions: A_G

GDeep™

League is very weak
Course they would, opportunities to step up like that don't present themselves every week. If things go wrong only the board will (rightly) get the blame.
Vieira has a reputation to maintain, won’t risk his Arsenal legacy. While Arteta will be getting advice from his Spanish friends at City.

No point coming if you’re not going to be backed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom