• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I cant remember if they were all genuine or not but the likes of Cesc, Gervinho, Arshavin & a couple of others sat out last 5-10 games of the season before leaving.

There is also an old Nasri interview saying he & the club were both willing to renew contract with terms just to prevent leaving on a free.

Does Özil really sign away his prime years for the 6th place English club & no Wenger? That contract must have clauses.
Makes no sense him signing a new deal considering how lucrative a new club with a signing on fee would’ve been.

This was prime time to leave, and he committed here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Do you think he could move deeper as we've seen with KDB, Silva, Cazorla, Coutinho and even Eriksen recently? Incredibly small sample size but he played there against Chelsea in the PL at the Emirates and was outstanding.
I wanted us to try it when we lost Cazorla and didn't have Xhaka and were struggling to get out of our own half at times. He could be brilliant as the most attacking of a midfield three (let's pretend Ramsey doesn't exist).

Number 10s in general possess the ability to be fantastic midfielders as seen by the examples you've provided, as long as they aren't expected to defend to a high level. For a 10 like Özil who isn't much of a goalscorer in the first place it makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: A_G

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He is carrying an injury. Why risk aggravating it and doing a koscielny if there is nothing to play for.
If a longstanding injury erupted this week then people would complain that he should have never been risked.
Oh, sorry, misunderstood. Agree with the time off. Thought you were suggesting he'd not recover even with the time off.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I love Özil and agree there little he can or will at this stage add to his game.

I would like him to stop expecting the refs to help him out so much though, sometimes loses the ball when he goes down expecting to get a foul

Other than that he’s ace.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I love Özil and agree there little he can or will at this stage add to his game.

I would like him to stop expecting the refs to help him out so much though, sometimes loses the ball when he goes down expecting to get a foul

Other than that he’s ace.
Stems in part from playing in other leagues. He himself has admitted this is a much tougher league and refs are less lenient...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

DcyFI86XkAEQHk3

Jojoba

i am sure playing with an injured back is something you do regularly. If you were used to being a winner, you wouldnt be trolling a fan forum.
Hahaha. Mate, most of us go to work when we are ill. We work through it as life is not for the weak.
And i remember RVP playing with bandages trapped on him against Liverpool in the CL. Cesc was injured but played through it against Barcelona, even took that penalty that farther aggravated his hamstring. I remember real winners, real men playing on with bloodied bandaged heads. Real winnners losing their teeth on the pitch but trefused to come off because they had that passion and commitment for their clubs. In the early 2000’s players played on with dislocated arms. I remember John terry being knocked out cold by a high boot from Diaby I think, but after a few minutes he got up and wanted to play on etc..
May be I am stuck in the real men era of yesteryears. And Özil having a bad back right now not why people are mad. It’s a culmination of these sort of strategic injuries from him since he joined. I remember another season that Wenger told us Özil had a bad flu / cold and wouldn’t be able to play, but then pictures surfaced of him out late at night in a club. Then another time he was supposedly injured and needed rest, but was pictured in Turkey with his lady friend etc. Small things like that absolutely tick me off..

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Hahaha. Mate, most of us go to work when we are ill. We work through it as life is not for the weak.
And i remember RVP playing with bandages trapped on him against Liverpool in the CL. Cesc was injured but played through it against Barcelona, even took that penalty that farther aggravated his hamstring. I remember real winners, real men playing on with bloodied bandaged heads. Real winnners losing their teeth on the pitch but trefused to come off because they had that passion and commitment for their clubs. In the early 2000’s players played on with dislocated arms. I remember John terry being knocked out cold by a high boot from Diaby I think, but after a few minutes he got up and wanted to play on etc..
May be I am stuck in the real men era of yesteryears. And Özil having a bad back right now not why people are mad. It’s a culmination of these sort of strategic injuries from him since he joined. I remember another season that Wenger told us Özil had a bad flu / cold and wouldn’t be able to play, but then pictures surfaced of him out late at night in a club. Then another time he was supposedly injured and needed rest, but was pictured in Turkey with his lady friend etc. Small things like that absolutely tick me off..

whine whine whine

red red whine

whine whine whine

whine whine whine

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
"His behaviour towards [Ruud] Van Nistelrooy at Old Trafford brought shame on Arsenal, he will say it showed his passion when really it was bad sportsmanship“

What a load of horseshit :) RVN was a horrible ***t on the pitch who used every dirty trick in the book to gain an advantage.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
They were legit quotes? :eek:

I though it was a joke account.

**** this agent. Cant slag off past Arsenal players... Keown is a pundit now & Özil played average real or fake injury.

Özil was standing a meter or two away last week say something in private rather getting another man to.... ***** move.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They were legit quotes? :eek:

I though it was a joke account.

**** this agent. Cant slag off past Arsenal players... Keown is a pundit now & Özil played average real or fake injury.

Özil was standing a meter or two away last week say something in private rather getting another man to.... ***** move.

Keown didn’t say it to Özil face though to be fair.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I doubt Keown will lose much sleep over the comments from Özil's agent, Keown's comments however clearly rattled Özil.

There's no more hiding behind Wenger for some of this lot next season, I've given Özil the benefit of the doubt for a long while but let's see him start to repay some of the 350k a week we're giving him. Maybe perhaps start by playing the odd away game at the start of next season?

Agent's comments on Keown are out of line too, Keown gave everything everytime he stepped on the pitch. He may not have always been first choice with such strong competition but he certainly gave everything and got himself plenty of medals to back that up. Also I'd much rather someone acting disgracefully like Keown did that day at OT than to not bother show up at all because your back has a wee boo boo.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That Keown, Lauren & Cole moment didn't feel 'disgraceful' at the time.

Up there with Inter away & that crazy Middlesborough win for me.

Created the most chances per 90 minutes in the league this season

What more was he supposed to do that’s got some of you all whipped up over?

Its not just him its the team that are ****. We are midtable, cant win away & Wenger taken the bullet. The players should expect criticism.... all of them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
"His behaviour towards [Ruud] Van Nistelrooy at Old Trafford brought shame on Arsenal, he will say it showed his passion when really it was bad sportsmanship“

What a load of horseshit :) RVN was a horrible ***t on the pitch who used every dirty trick in the book to gain an advantage.
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in Keown that day. In hindsight, I'd have liked to have seen him detonate an elbow onto the bridge of RvN's nose as he landed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom