• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Our next club captain

Who should be our next club captain?

• Laurent Koscielny

• Petr Cech

• Aaron Ramsey

• Granit Xhaka

• Jack Wilshere

• Nacho Monreal

• Hector Bellerin

• Mesut Özil

• Shkodran Mustafi

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.

pacstud

Needs to raise his game first. Can't have a Captain who makes so many mistakes, we need someone who leads by example. If he does this then I wouldn't be against it.
If it amounts to playing better, than the spot should be vacant. Only PEA is worthy performance wise.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Definitely Ramsey, only other contender I see is Monreal but he's getting to the stage where we don't want to be relying on him as a starter.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Give it to the new GK, CB or CM that we buy. Doesn't matter as a fair few will surely be out the door in the summer.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Ramsey is the best of a not-so-great lot, hopefully as a placeholder for a new, commanding CM or CB who immediately takes charge of the dressing room.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Ramsey is the best of a not-so-great lot, hopefully as a placeholder for a new, commanding CM or CB who immediately takes charge of the dressing room.
I agree but I voted for Wilshere on the basis that it is Ramsey's last year and if he's made captain he will leave on a free.

It may be the new man brings a real experienced sidekick over (Chiellini? Brown?) and makes him captain.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Need our captain to be a new signing tbh. Shows how weak minded //injury prone our squad currently is.

Mert was a good captain but was quite a dodgy player for us. Kos wasnt a leader. Ramsey would be a decent shout but hes injury prone and he's not exactly the best player in the league is he.

I'd love us to sign a very serious CDM , GK or CB and give one of them captaincy. Fresh start.

SpookyDukey

We seem to have some sort of hoodoo whereby whoever we make Captain then goes on to leave us (see Gallas, Fabs, Verms, Arteta, Mert). While Wilshere has his faults he’s the one guy you can say with confidence he will stay at Arsenal until he’s kicked out. I’d take him a Captain purely because he’s an out and out Arsenal guy. I don’t see anybody else within our squad who stands out as a natural leader. Giving it to Pea or anybody else brought in for next year is too soon and might bode badly with longer term players. Hopefully one of the new additions will be a natural leader who we can integrate as captain within a few seasons.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just realised Xhaka would be the clear candidate if he’d had a good season, it’s the only thing holding him back imo.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
“Entertaining defender” gives me flashbacks of the banter era.

Just picture a 195cm monster, with the biggest box head you will see, looking like Beckenbauer with the ball at his feet and literally gliding past players.

He's a quality quality player. Don't know how he'd go at a top club, apparently United are sniffing, but he's sensational to watch.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Just realised Xhaka would be the clear candidate if he’d had a good season, it’s the only thing holding him back imo.

He might not have had an amazing season for some, but I don't understand those saying he hasn't had a good season at all?

He's played almost every game, improved his discipline, statistically is one of the best midfielders in the league and has 7 assists and a goal in 37 games from a deep position in midfield.

You can argue that he hasn't been brilliant but to say he hasn't had a good season is pushing it in my opinion.

Wryer

I want a captain who can, first and foremost, take care of his own **** and not be a liability on the pitch. Second, be fit enough to start 90% of the games. How else can you command respect from a team which desperately needs leadership?

With that, the only choice is Monreal. Not great but the only one who barely meets these criteria.

I would hate to give the captaincy for the sake of improving that individual's game. Why do you need the captaincy to play better?

Latest posts

Top Bottom