• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you saying that we need to sign another winger, forward, AM, B2B?

People always want a shiny new toy. Even if we signed 3 new attackers and have extreme talent in those position at the moment. They want a new toy. And attackers are most often the most fun toys.

I my self don't think we need attacker, specially if we have limited funds. Other positions more important! I like to see some of our brilliant talents get more game time, and Mhiki, Laca and Auba are good enough for top4 push next season!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Hahaha. Mate, most of us go to work when we are ill. We work through it as life is not for the weak.
And i remember RVP playing with bandages trapped on him against Liverpool in the CL. Cesc was injured but played through it against Barcelona, even took that penalty that farther aggravated his hamstring. I remember real winners, real men playing on with bloodied bandaged heads. Real winnners losing their teeth on the pitch but trefused to come off because they had that passion and commitment for their clubs. In the early 2000’s players played on with dislocated arms. I remember John terry being knocked out cold by a high boot from Diaby I think, but after a few minutes he got up and wanted to play on etc..
May be I am stuck in the real men era of yesteryears. And Özil having a bad back right now not why people are mad. It’s a culmination of these sort of strategic injuries from him since he joined. I remember another season that Wenger told us Özil had a bad flu / cold and wouldn’t be able to play, but then pictures surfaced of him out late at night in a club. Then another time he was supposedly injured and needed rest, but was pictured in Turkey with his lady friend etc. Small things like that absolutely tick me off..

Back injury is a bit different , I suspect Arsenal want to protect their asset too . Enough injury prone ****s in our squad as it is .

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Back injury is a bit different

That's some of the meanest **** you can get. If your back is done, you're done.

I know so many people with chronic back problems and it hampers them in a lot of ways, in private and in their jobs. And you also don't go working with a disc prolapse or something. A knock or a cut is very different from chronic back pain/problems. And regarding the Cesc stuff: Playing on through a broken bone was the worst thing he could do. It's made into some heoic tale...but seriously, mate, get off the pitch and miss 2 games, instead of staying on, killing your leg and then missing 15 games.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Meh, good on the agent , stupid comments from him but at least he defends his boy respect that . Marty is a big boy he can take it . MK told Wenger when he first arrived how disappointed he had taken Rioch's place . He's always been outspoken .

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I know so many people with chronic back problems and it hampers them in a lot of ways, in private and in their jobs. And you also don't go working with a disc prolapse or something. A knock or a cut is very different from chronic back pain/problems. And regarding the Cesc stuff: Playing on through a broken bone was the worst thing he could do. It's made into some heoic tale...but seriously, mate, get off the pitch and miss 2 games, instead of staying on, killing your leg and then missing 15 games.

When your back is a problem you can kiss mobility , agility goodbye , tightness in your lower back usually results in hamstring problems later on .

Cesc couldn't probably couldn't tell it was broken , I had to walk 3 kms cross country after what I thought was a simply a painfulankle twist , turned out I had broken my ankle .

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What do you mean by attacker?

We have at least PEA, Laca, Mkhi, and Özil. We also have Welbeck, Iwobi, and Ramsey who can score goals, plus Nketiah and Nelson.

(Iwobi has only recently started scoring since he moved to AM. Before that he was awful for the whole season.)

Right now we have the best attack we've had in years, and can be even better next season.

How are they our best attack if we fail to win away so often, find it so hard to score in the bigger games & failed to score at the critical points this season?

We are flat track bullies putting 3 /4 /5 vs average teams in our home games. We hit a wall against decent teams & resort to crossing time after time.

Unless the new guy plays narrow with two strikers we are in desperate need of atleast one wide player. The options now lack pace, quality & no comparison to what the likes of Allegri, Enrique etc gained success with.

We have Özil & Aubameyang in their prime would be a shame not to give them the very best chance to succeed.

TheArsenalis

What do you mean by attacker?

We have at least PEA, Laca, Mkhi, and Özil. We also have Welbeck, Iwobi, and Ramsey who can score goals, plus Nketiah and Nelson.

(Iwobi has only recently started scoring since he moved to AM. Before that he was awful for the whole season.)

Right now we have the best attack we've had in years, and can be even better next season.
No we dont. Lungberg and pires use to take people on. Our attack is too centralised. We dont have anyone that would that the openent would have to single out to neutralise. "See him there, you gonna need to help your full back dont leave him one on one. Watch this video see what he did to the last guy"

Right now you neutralsise wenger style arsenal cannon becomes a dud. The team doesnt lack attackers but we do lack that edge. An outlet. I like lacazette he is tenacious. But he and everyone else is not of the nature.

TheArsenalis

People always want a shiny new toy. Even if we signed 3 new attackers and have extreme talent in those position at the moment. They want a new toy. And attackers are most often the most fun toys.

I my self don't think we need attacker, specially if we have limited funds. Other positions more important! I like to see some of our brilliant talents get more game time, and Mhiki, Laca and Auba are good enough for top4 push next season!
Very rich comment coming from the supporter of club that won no point aways from home. And finish outside the once again. I get that we are some what of a relegation status but i still hold dream of bigger things. Get me? Like going to old Trafford and thrashing them. I ddn point out any shiny new toys where did that cone from? I simple stated that the team lacks an element other teams have to pay attention.

Very rich comment coming from the supporter of club that won no point aways from home. And finish outside the once again. I get that we are some what of a relegation status but i still hold dream of bigger things. Get me? Like going to old Trafford and thrashing them. I ddn point out any shiny new toys where did that cone from? I simple stated that the team lacks an element other teams have to pay attention.

Honestly I wasnt even thinking about you when I made that comment.

I think we have signed quality attackers in last year and I dont think we need to sign more at the moment. Im also believer of our youth players who I think are very talented.

Our awat form will be fixed. Even without new signings.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How are they our best attack if we fail to win away so often, find it so hard to score in the bigger games & failed to score at the critical points this season?

We are flat track bullies putting 3 /4 /5 vs average teams in our home games. We hit a wall against decent teams & resort to crossing time after time.

Unless the new guy plays narrow with two strikers we are in desperate need of atleast one wide player. The options now lack pace, quality & no comparison to what the likes of Allegri, Enrique etc gained success with.

We have Özil & Aubameyang in their prime would be a shame not to give them the very best chance to succeed.

We clearly have the best attack we've had for years. PEA has filled the Alexis void. Laca is better and younger than Giroud. Mkhi is the closest thing we've had to Hleb and Rosicky in their prime. Ramsey is scoring goals, and Özil who creates more chance than anyone in the league.

Our away form has been a nightmare this season, but you fix that by sorting out our defense, which we clearly need to do following Kos' injury, Merts' retirement, and Mustafi's poor form.

So yeah, it is possible to improve our attack, despite it being the best we've had in years, but it would make more sense to focus on our defense first.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Honestly I wasnt even thinking about you when I made that comment.

I think we have signed quality attackers in last year and I dont think we need to sign more at the moment. Im also believer of our youth players who I think are very talented.

Our awat form will be fixed. Even without new signings.
Surprised people think we need attackers.

Laca Auba Miki
Özil
Ramsey Xhaka
New* New ( current player) Bellerin
New

It's not a surprise at the end of Wengers tenure the immediate replacements are in the positions that have been a plague upon his house.

*Feels harsh on Nacho but long term need someone there.

Jojoba

Back injury is a bit different , I suspect Arsenal want to protect their asset too . Enough injury prone ****s in our squad as it is .
Back pain is different to someone like RVP that had a hamstring injury but was strapped with bandages around his thighs and told to play?
Cesc that had a dead injured foot but was given a pain injection and was ready to take on Barcelona. Terry got knocked out cold (head injury), medics worked on him for a few minutes on the pitch but the moment he felt better he wanted to continue playing that match.
Terry butcher’s all bandaged bloodied head but playing on.
Paul ince blooded head but playing on.
Seen players being elbowed and losing their front teeth, but they refuse to come off.
Players with dislocated shoulders in a sling but playing on etc.
I am all for looking after your players and protecting them for their own safety. I would not have allowed the likes of John Terry, Paul ince or Terry butcher to carry on with their bloodied heads or RVP / CESC playing on with dead injured legs etc, but those players playing on endeared them to the fans. That type of commitment and passion compared to Özil’s fair-weather / cotton wrapped and pampered attitude / personality lives a bit of resentment in some of us. Özil is so bigged up, hyped, praised, excused, protected by his superfans, he is the highest ever paid Arsenal player in history £350,000 a week but his fans set the bar so low when compared to so called average player like Ramsey, Elneny, Welbeck, Iwobi, Xhaka, etc on betweeb £60,000 - £100,000 a week. Those guys will be called out with no problem, but when it comes to Özil then excuses galore, but everyone at Arsensl is sh!t, manager, media, Özil needs this and that, winter break, it’s the rubbish Arsenal fans that know nothing about football, girlfriend problems etc. His bar should be much much higher compared to the likes of Ramsey etc, but it is the other way around.

Wenger and Özil are the epitome of this current Arsenal team, weak mentally and physically, lack of commitment, passion, constant whining and whinging is no wonder we are out of the Top 4 for 2 consecutive seasons. No serious competing club would look at a personality like Özil as their main go to man. Only at Arsenal.

Jojoba

I am an Engineer. We use heavy machines and tools. I will tell you, nearly all of us have back problems due to the heavy lifting, over arching and constant bending etc, we have dead knees from standing and walking while heavy carrying tool kits / equipment etc. But that does not stop us from working. People are on constant pain killers / Paracetamols and so on.

I am not saying that Özil has to play while injured. But it’s a culmination of little things he keeps doing. The first goes back to his first season when we were embarrassed at City 6-3, he was poor, after the match every player stayed behind to clap the away fans apart from Özil, I remember Mertesacker had a go at him on the pitch. Out injured and seen in Turkey with girlfriend. Under the weather but that same cold evening he is seen in a club in Germany, and other instances where when things get tough he is nonexistent on the pitch or call in sick etc.. That nonchalant attitude towards my Arsenal I can’t learn to accept. I am used to players that give a bit of a FCK for my club. It seems like Özil has bought into the nonsense his superfans keep assuring him about “Özil, you are too big for a club like Arsenal and we should all just be grateful that you are here”. I really think he believes it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We clearly have the best attack we've had for years. PEA has filled the Alexis void. Laca is better and younger than Giroud. Mkhi is the closest thing we've had to Hleb and Rosicky in their prime. Ramsey is scoring goals, and Özil who creates more chance than anyone in the league.

Our away form has been a nightmare this season, but you fix that by sorting out our defense, which we clearly need to do following Kos' injury, Merts' retirement, and Mustafi's poor form.

So yeah, it is possible to improve our attack, despite it being the best we've had in years, but it would make more sense to focus on our defense first.
Improving attack is always nice, but in our case, conceding less than the ridiculous amount we do will have the same effect, as will improving our midfield control. Seeing more of the ball and getting it to dangerous areas more often has to result in more productivity. So yeah, starting from the back makes all the sense.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
As for Mesuts back, he’s clearly being given the time off for Germany, which is ****ing unacceptable and anyone who backs it is a ****ing weirdo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom