• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you rather?

Would you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We get it Jury. You hate Wenger. You hate him so much that you are fuming just by seeing his name. No need to spout in it every thread on this forum.
I love him. I always have. But I love him even more now he's gone, and I love him even more still, knowing that his early departure has ruined some of you :drool:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Arteta. The f*ckery would at least be entertaining, and he might actually turn out to be good.

It got boring complaining about the same things all the time with Wenger - nothing ever changed. If it doesn't work out, at least we'd have something (and someone) new to complain about. That, and Wenger would still have saved much of his legacy.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's done is done, we can't dwell on the past very much looking forward to the new era with Arteta as manager.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Next best scenario is that Arteta atleast gets us playing some fun football and Niles, Reiss and Eddie flourish

We nag a cup and Perhaps the EL and are back into cl football , not good enough for me personally but not embarrassing

Best case us that he is a smash hit of course

Being even worse than Wengers last couple of seasons Perhaps forces a major board shuffle and they finally throw money at the problem

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Wenger, but it’s close. Still hoping we don’t decide upon a dice-roll for the next guy, even if I still think the time was ripe for a change.

Reactions: A_G

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Its wierd, if you look at the average number of posts of voters in both camps, the "Hire Arteta as the new manager" totally decimates "Have kept Wenger"....whys that then?

TheEconomist

Established Member
Surely if you wanted Wenger out, you must have considered the possibility that we could go on to appoint an ex player, with much less experience, like Arteta?

I'm surprised this poll is as close as it is. There's no way Wenger could have continued. It was the right decision, and still will be regardless of who our next manager is or what they achieve.

The more interesting question is whether people would prefer Arteta or Brendan Rogers. I believe they are the two most likely according to the bookies at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jae

Jae

Like I said earlier, if Arteta gets the job and at least leaves us in a better state at the end of next season than we are now then I won't have any complaints. Wenger was dead in the water and void of any ideas.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Like I said earlier, if Arteta gets the job and at least leaves us in a better state at the end of next season than we are now then I won't have any complaints. Wenger was dead in the water and void of any ideas.
I hear this point and hope for the same but what if we have a catastrophic season with Mikel at the helm, we're in tenth by January and the board have no choice but to sack him. Then what?

People acting like things can;t get worse need their heads checked. We can totally get worse. 6/92 as Trax would say!

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
Surely if you wanted Wenger out, you must have considered the possibility that we could go on to appoint an ex player, with much less experience, like Arteta?

I'm surprised this poll is as close as it is. There's no way Wenger could have continued. It was the right decision, and still will be regardless of who our next manager is or what they achieve.

The more interesting question is whether people would prefer Arteta or Brendan Rogers. I believe they are the two most likely according to the bookies at the moment.

People thought that by Wenger going, the bitterness and infighting would stop, birdsong would break out and we would dance around, arms interlocked. The board would give 200M, and this time the manager would keep it. The best players would line up to join us, now that the old man is gone. The manager would be someone who could coach a defense (unlike Pep, Klopp and Wenger) and we would be blood and thunder, dying out in the field, for the glory of Ivan the terrible.

They went after Wenger, coz he was the only one they could go after, specially since the stadium debt was paid off, the board also didnt need him as badly.

The poll isnt really a choice, its just two aspects of Wengerball. The real question is, are we tired of Wengerball, and should we change our style.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People thought that by Wenger going, the bitterness and infighting would stop
It has.
The board would give 200M, and this time the manager would keep it.
The best players would line up to join us, now that the old man is gone.. The manager would be someone who could coach a defense (unlike Pep, Klopp and Wenger) and we would be blood and thunder, dying out in the field, for the glory of Ivan the terrible..
Nobody knows what's going to happen on any of those scores.
The poll isnt really a choice, its just two aspects of Wengerball. The real question is, are we tired of Wengerball, and should we change our style..
The poll poses a very simple question. You've just made up one that suits your agenda. I'm convinced you just want to see world burn now Wenger's gone tbh. Have a year off to get over it or something.

I'm actually interested to hear @A Lighter Shade of Blue 's thoughts on this. How far down the table will City drop when we take old Mikel back?

Joking aside: can you shine a light on his role and importance at City?
Having watched tonight's Sky prog with Guardiola, he emphasised how important Arteta has been in developing Sterling and Sane this season, given how good they have been, I'd say he is a genius.

Get your hands off, he's ours :D

Gegen Pressing

Truly Burned out.
picture him opening his window from his castle's first floor master bedroom overlooking his majestic vineyards south France on a beautiful spring morning witnessing the symphony of nature but thinking to himself: "Arteta !?! "

Reactions: Jae

BobP

Memri Fan
Wenger's presence prevented the restructuring of the broader footballing department.

It's only now, after his departure, that we've been able to start cleaning it up.

Top Bottom