• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Ivan has also pulled the trigger on Paul Johnson. He's the equipment manager and also sorts out the bus and flight stuff. I think he was in charge of the travel club. He's been at the club 30 years.

No-one is safe. I just hope they are as ruthless with the players.

5c7ff2ef182af7a9fda3dbd18b9ea176.jpg

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Ivan has also pulled the trigger on Paul Johnson. He's the equipment manager and also sorts out the bus and flight stuff. I think he was in charge of the travel club. He's been at the club 30 years.

No-one is safe. I just hope they are as ruthless with the players.

God knows why he did that , it's really strange and petty .

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Jeepers Creepers, if this is true.. it is make or break for Gazidis.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Still not convinced by Arteta in any way. Think I'll be off for a few days, at least out of this thread, until it's done and dusted and there's nothing left but to accept and support the team. 'Cause until that does happen I won't be on board with how those in charge seem to choose the successor and ultimately to whom being chosen this process I cannot fathom has led.

Edit: And gtfo with your 5 stages of grief stuff. This has nothing to do with that. This is about serious concerns regarding the club hierarchy's ability to conduct a proper, vetted process of suited scope to find a fitting manager as well as serious concerns regarding Gazidis' footballing business acumen.

I mean: Allegri as the only possibly attainable top manager in a job; Ancelotti, Luis Enrique and Tuchel as the three top managers out of a job; Nagelsmann as the fresh flavour of the day; and a host of ex-players. Coming up with that kind of shortlist isn't inspiring in any way. Any decent journo or football fan can come up with that list of candidates. Hardly convincing stuff, hardly outside the box.

Your post here hits on all the reasons why I'm triggered. I really don't have a problem with Mik managing this club (though I have big reservations) however as usual, this club just smacks of not having a proper process in place, going for the flavour of the month.

I would love to know how Arteta is seen as a more suitable candidate than Jardim, who has been my #1 choice for ages. I would also love to know how the Board and Ivan accepted the fact that Mikel (assuming he's chosen) was teammates with almost half the squad just a mere two seasons ago and how that relationship was suddenly going to change? What mitigation factors were they thinking of on this risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom