• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Bro I'm crying here, the 15-16 and 16-17 seasons were massive under-achievements for MSN under Enrique, they should have won far more. Any half-decent manager would have got at least another CL title out of them, we may never see a front three like that ever again. I mean Zizou has gotten 2 (soon to be 3) CL titles out of Ronaldo and the few good players ffs.

As for Allegri, let's be honest he's happy with his comfortable trophy-padding in Turin, leave him be. He doesn't have the balls to leave the comfort and take on a real challenge.
Any half-decent manager could have won at least one CL with the mighty Invincibles.
Oh wait...

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Who do you think would want more wages - Arteta or Allegri?

Who do you think would be more willing to work on a budget?

Who would give upper management/Kroenke more headaches if they weren't getting what they wanted?

There is a reason that Enrique was no longer talked about after he gave Arsenal his wage demands.

That's all there is to this decision, nothing more. Until we force Kroenke out, all we can do is hope Arteta is one of those football miracles.

Obviously the wages go hand in hand with the experience, didn't think I needed to mention the money, although I have mentioned it in many other posts. Only yesterday someone jumped down my throat for saying we aren't prepared to pay big on a manager, that's why Arteta appeals.

Liam Slamcock

Treble winner. :lol: anyone who watched a bit of Barca during that time will tell you MSN were the reason for that achievement.

Allegri is indeed a short term solution because he would come here, and spend a ****load of money just to win a couple of trophies during his time with zero awareness for the future. Clearly not what the club wants. Not to mention he would bore us to death with his rubbish football.
So he won the treble with Barcelona but you're sticking with the idea that he's a nobody? Just to confirm that you're not drunk or a Russian bot or something?

You're also making an argument that Allegri coming in, winning trophies and spending money is a bad thing, and the club is right now to want this path?

Also never heard Allegri called boring before, personally I like watching the likes of Dybala, Costa but I guess you're an avid Italian football man to make this assertion?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Bro I'm crying here, the 15-16 and 16-17 seasons were massive under-achievements for MSN under Enrique, they should have won far more. Any half-decent manager would have got at least another CL title out of them, we may never see a front three like that ever again. I mean Zizou has gotten 2 (soon to be 3) CL titles out of Ronaldo and the few good players ffs.

As for Allegri, let's be honest he's happy with his comfortable trophy-padding in Turin, leave him be. He doesn't have the balls to leave the comfort and take on a real challenge.

It's too much mate. The guys on here clearly need a lesson in football.

Barca could've easily won the league last year too, but for some reason this dimwit Enrique kept playing rubbish players like Gomes in away games and they ended up throwing it away.

Don't get me started on Allegri.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Treble winner. :lol: anyone who watched a bit of Barca during that time will tell you MSN were the reason for that achievement.

Allegri is indeed a short term solution because he would come here, and spend a ****load of money just to win a couple of trophies during his time with zero awareness for the future. Clearly not what the club wants. Not to mention he would bore us to death with his rubbish football.
You said he's a nobody and I presented the facts that deny your claim, so now you're switching to MSN winning the all those trophies by themselves.

The point is you were talking nonsense and you're doing the same with Allegri by choosing to stubbornly talk only about his period at Milan.
You don't have to be a genius to realize he'd be a good candidate for us considering we're not spending hundreds of millions on players every season and he's got tactical know how that could and should lead us back into the top 4.

And what's with all this bullshit talk about the future at a time like this? We're in dire straits and you want someone who's thinking about the future of the club?
Whoever comes here has to think about fixing our defense and work on our bottler mentality that has dragged us down over the past 10 years.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Sorry but did you just say FEW good players ?!?! :lol::lol:

Barcelona depend much more on Messi than Real does on Ronaldo. There's a high chance they would have won CL titles with someone else instead of Ronaldo because they simply have the best defense and midfield in the world.

Ramos is a dickhead but the best CB in the world, Varane is highclass and so is Carvahal. We dont have to talk about Marcelo I guess - best three years of football a left back has ever played.

Kroos best CM, Modric of similar quality with Casemiro one of the best DM in the world as well.

Real did underachieve much more than Barcelona prior to Zidane.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Sounds like Sarri, Silva, and Fonseca respectively. All interesting picks.

Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea got a liitle bit jealous of the revolution over here and hired Steve Bould as manager.

Six years as an assistant learning from one of the best, after all.

And he's bald.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
So he won the treble with Barcelona but you're sticking with the idea that he's a nobody? Just to confirm that you're not drunk or a Russian bot or something?

You're also making an argument that Allegri coming in, winning trophies and spending money is a bad thing, and the club is right now to want this path?

Also never heard Allegri called boring before, personally I like watching the likes of Dybala, Costa but I guess you're an avid Italian football man to make this assertion?

You said it would be a massive statement to get feckin Enrique? Course he's a nobody in those terms. Not a single rival would give a **** about us hiring him.

I'm looking it from the club's perspective. Course it would be nice to win stuff, however it would come at massive expenses, which we clearly can't afford.

Yes, he's a massive bore. I've watched enough Serie A to stand by that claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom