• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We say that Gazidis is putting his neck on the line by going for greasy Mik but is he really? Such a bold appointment speaks to the fact that IG has nothing to lose rather than putting it all on the line. If he were to live/die by this decision then surely he'd do all in his power to get Allegri?

I reckon he knows he's safe as houses at Arsenal and that's pretty worrying.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It was seen as a failure with Wenger because we've been missing out on the top four whilst not even looking like we're progressing.

A lower finish with Arteta is acceptable if it looks we're got the making of a team/project that can go on to be successful, I don't see why so many struggle to grasp this concept.

How can we finish lower and ostensibly improve? Not even @Makingtrax could spin his way out of that ;):)

GoonerBoy19

Arsenal fans don’t have the minerals to remove the board. We are no Utd or Liverpool fan base.

Actually Wenger took all blame in the past which helped the board. It will be different going forward, last season was just a warm up. 2 more season like this they will find it hard to fill the seats.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If Arteta is a done deal and it looks that way,then we need the right players physically and mentally. We need good coaching and a rigid system to offset his inexperience. The Ramsey to Utd rumours are rife. It's going to be a horribly interesting time.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

"The Arsenal legend is currently assistant with the Belgium national team and had worked in Wenger’s staff before, but left when it was made clear that would have to be full-time. There is a view that Arsenal may be more flexible about a similar role now."

No thanks. That has to be bollocks. First team coach/sky pundit.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He is on like 40 k pw at Sky and was told knock Sky on the head and stay with us as a youth coach or leave. He left and now works with Sky and is an assistant manager of the Belgium national team working with Kdb and Hazard. Who got the **** end of the stick there :lol:
Yeah reminds me of when Garry Neville was taken as Hodgson's assistant to WC. Seeing as how Garry comes off as far more insightful than Henry, I shudder to think just how bad a coach Henry could end up being.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
arent we hiring a proven and competent #2 . Arteta

More like a proven and competent #4 (at best). Domenec Torrent is Pep's #2 (been with him at Barca and Bayern). Carles Planchart, their performance analyst, has been with Pep for a long time and would be ahead of Arteta in the pecking order as well. Mikel would slot in somewhere behind them.

Last edited:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
One thing's for certain if Arteta and Alonso come here. We're all gonna be like this :
tenor.gif

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Wished some people would relax, especially on social media.

If the squad is good enough to win nearly all home games, then the squad is good enough to win the away games too.

Even against the Top 6:
- I think only City and Liverpool were clear better than us this season. Still don't know how we have two losses against United, statistic okay against Sp**s and Chelsea.

and i think the board knows, that we have to fix our CB and GK position. That was a big problem and with 50m (+ sells) it's atleast possible to improve that.

It will be interesting how Arteta will play with this squad. He don't have the pace wingers (Sterling, Sane), but two creative players with two good strikers. Want to see the first games already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom