• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
He’s not a RB, simple as that. Throw him in the middle of the park and he’ll show you his immense talent. Being decent/usable as a wingback is a bonus and should stat pad his appearences. But he should play as a mid as much as possible.

Ramsey understudy perhaps? He’s got the tools to be a world class b2b.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He'e is dynamic, and this makes him so different from Bellerin!

Belerin will stay wide (Instructions, maybe), but AMN actually dribbled into the D. Haven't seen an Arsenal RB do that in a long time.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was man of the match in his favoured midfield role at Old Trafford against Pogba and Matic then gets dropped for the next 2 games before being thrown back in at right back.

And people have the nerve to complain about inconsistency? Our academy players get treated like **** for the benefit of average signings and that is something I hope gets addressed quickly.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Was man of the match in his favoured midfield role at Old Trafford against Pogba and Matic then gets dropped for the next 2 games before being thrown back in at right back.

And people have the nerve to complain about inconsistency? Our academy players get treated like **** for the benefit of average signings and that is something I hope gets addressed quickly.
The problem is they are not rewarded for good performances with followup starts. AMN bucked the trend because Wenger had a Hard on for him at LB instead of Kolasinac.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

Hugely, and it's also the reason I don't begrudge Ox for moving on when he did.

Like all of our young players breaking through, he received the same treatment. He was always the first person to make way after a bad performance, he could play 3 good games on the trot and the second he put in an average performance, he'd be rotated out.

Players need confidence to reach their potential, it's that simple. Knowing that you are a bad game away from dropping for a month is a terrible mind set to fall into.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
stanley2.gif

THE FUTURE

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Sounds like a key player under Emery.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles was as surprised as anyone to hear his name pop up in Unai Emery’s first interviews as our new head coach.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis revealed that the Spaniard had presented a detailed dossier mapping Maitland-Niles’ development when he was interviewing for the role.

The Hale End youngster signed a new deal this week and, after meeting our new head coach, cannot wait to start working him when our squad reports for pre-season in July.

“You don’t really hear a lot of young players being shouted out by their managers, especially a new manager who hasn’t really seen them play too much,” Maitland-Niles told Arsenal Player. “I think it’s brilliant to hear from him and it gives me a load of confidence.

“It feels fantastic knowing that I’m going to be a part of the squad, and a big part of the squad. It means a lot with the new head coach coming in and Arsenal tying me down [with a new contract]. I’m very pleased.

“We had a little meeting. He said that he wants all of his players to work hard and I’m no stranger to doing that. It will be second nature to me.

“I think [the high-pressing game] suits me a lot, too. I’ve got a lot of pace to give to the team, pressing up high and winning the ball back as soon as possible is a major factor in football.”
https://www.arsenal.com/news/ainsley-its-brilliant-hear-what-emery-said

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sounds like a key player under Emery.

“I think [the high-pressing game] suits me a lot, too. I’ve got a lot of pace to give to the team, pressing up high and winning the ball back as soon as possible is a major factor in football.”

Does Emery also play a high line?

Aevi

Hale End FC
About what exactly? At laughing at #PlayAMNinMidfield?
Yes, he certainly deserves a proper opportunity to play there considering his strong performances in the position for both the reserves and first team. He had one or two poor performances as well but that's to be expected of a young player being blooded in. I'm very excited to see what Emery envisions for him, and I'm not surprised he has been sounded out as a big player within his plans. The guys has got loads of qualities.

The use of a hashtag was clearly jokes too.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yes, he certainly deserves a proper opportunity to play there considering his strong performances in the position for both the reserves and first team. He had one or two poor performances as well but that's to be expected of a young player being blooded in. I'm very excited to see what Emery envisions for him, and I'm not surprised he has been sounded out as a big player within his plans. The guys has got loads of qualities.

The use of a hashtag was clearly jokes too.

Waste of bandwidth quoting me with a post like that. I hope he does well too, what am I supposed to say here :lol:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Waste of bandwidth quoting me with a post like that. I hope he does well too, what am I supposed to say here :lol:
It's easy to assume you dislike players, you've constantly got a negative tone. I guess I was wrong.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It's easy to assume you dislike players, you've constantly got a negative tone. I guess I was wrong.

I was merely criticizing the notion that people created about Wenger playing him out of position, and "ruining" him, when he should be over the moon getting any minutes anywhere on the pitch. People were calling to play him in midfield over clearly much better players than him too, which was lunacy.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I was merely criticizing the notion that people created about Wenger playing him out of position, and "ruining" him, when he should be over the moon getting any minutes anywhere on the pitch. People were calling to play him in midfield over clearly much better players than him too, which was lunacy.
I don't rate Elneny that highly, and I don't think you do (I may be wrong?). He could have had his minutes instead of playing at fullback where he rarely plays otherwise. Xhaka was also underperforming early in the season, Jack was out for a bit, and there were a fair few inconsequential games at the end of the season... I think the opportunities were there.

This is a matter of opinion though, so let's just agree to disagree then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom