• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Shocking contract management yet again from the club.

If not in the plans going forward we should be making 15-20m on Jack.

They tried. They had no buyers at that price range. They offered to sell at a lower price but Jack didn't want to go to that team.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
He'll sign once Arteta is confirmed imo, that way we can do a picture of Jack signing a contract with Arteta.

Stannis

I would like him to go

Personally, though I think this is lazy journalism. Arsène will most likely get an admin job at PSG, so people are just reaching to attach jack to that.

Though a part of me also says this makes sense for PSG because of financial fair play.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He'll sign once Arteta is confirmed imo, that way we can do a picture of Jack signing a contract with Arteta.

I reckon Arteta could do well with Jack. He's always had a Spanish quality to his game. I've flip-flopped on this at times this season but ultimately I'd like him to stay.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Jack loves playing for England. I think he'll leave and go to a team where he'll start regularly and improve his chances of being in the squad.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not that you can read loads into it but if you follow him on Instagram you’ll see he just had a gym fitted to his house and he’s having other stuff done

Doesn’t seem like leaving London soon

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not that you can read loads into it but if you follow him on Instagram you’ll see he just had a gym fitted to his house and he’s having other stuff done

Doesn’t seem like leaving London soon

There's always West Ham, Crystal Palace and Watford. Hopefully Fulham too.

Honestly, I'd like to see Jack move on. His salary would be freed up for another signing. He hasn't been reliable for a long time and his form is sporadic. I think it would be the best thing for him as well. Not sure anybody would pay him what Arsenal is apparently offering, though, even with a pay cut.

Let Jack go. Sell Ramsey if he doesn't want to stay. Buy Jorginho and Seri.

GoonerBoy19

Looks like Gazidis is running a clean up operation. Santi gone and now wilshere. Good for him if he gets a better contract.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Ultimately the club's biggest mistake was to let him choose his own loan destination. We let him completely waste a year at Bournmouth where he was just average without motivation, only to see him pick a long term injury on top. Should have told him either go on loan to Italy for a year, when good teams were interested, or sit his ass down on the bench here.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I still think he'll stay for some reason, don't think his story here is finished just yet. With a new contract and new manager perhaps expectations can be lowered, we don't have to weigh him down with the expectation to be the captain and everything we thought he'd be etc etc. He could be on a relatively modest wage and just play a role in the squad. Also no reason that his game couldn't improve with some new coaching ideas, especially from an ex-midfielder like Arteta.

Our midfield needs working on, but it's not so bad that we need an entire revolution there. The idea of getting rid of Wilshere, Ramsey & Santi and completely re-shaping it is a bit excessive. It just needs one extra quality player, i think Wilshere and Ramsey should stay.

The defence on the other hand, that does need more of a revolution.

neimad

Ultimately the club's biggest mistake was to let him choose his own loan destination. We let him completely waste a year at Bournmouth where he was just average without motivation, only to see him pick a long term injury on top. Should have told him either go on loan to Italy for a year, when good teams were interested, or sit his ass down on the bench here.

The loan to Bournemouth was a good one in my opinion. They played similar to us and Jack put in some good performances. He was unlucky there too. I saw a stat on Sky (could be lies) where he hit the woodwork 5 times on loan there. If a few had gone in people would have been raving about him.

Someone hit the nail on the head with Jack having stamina issues which are key to his running game really. Also, his performances are dependent on who partners him in games. When he was bursting on to the scene I was convinced he was our future captain. He seemed to have all the qualities. I think injuries, ego and complacency have curtailed the early progress. I'd love to see Jack really put some effort into cementing a place with the first team but I have this feeling he'll be off to West Ham or Palace where opportunities would be more plentiful.

Will he ever reach the Halcyon heights of that night in the CL where he bossed the Barca midfield as a teenager? Unfortunately, probably not. The talent is there. Only Jack knows if the motivation is.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I still think he'll stay for some reason, don't think his story here is finished just yet. With a new contract and new manager perhaps expectations can be lowered, we don't have to weigh him down with the expectation to be the captain and everything we thought he'd be etc etc. He could be on a relatively modest wage and just play a role in the squad. Also no reason that his game couldn't improve with some new coaching ideas, especially from an ex-midfielder like Arteta.

Our midfield needs working on, but it's not so bad that we need an entire revolution there. The idea of getting rid of Wilshere, Ramsey & Santi and completely re-shaping it is a bit excessive. It just needs one extra quality player, i think Wilshere and Ramsey should stay.

The defence on the other hand, that does need more of a revolution.

It’s not an entire revolution though. Santi hasn’t played for ages and you’d be replacing one player in the first team by putting someone else next to Xhaka. We only started playing Xhaka, Ramsey and Wilshere together towards the end of the season. Before then it’s always been Xhaka plus one.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It’s not an entire revolution though. Santi hasn’t played for ages and you’d be replacing one player in the first team by putting someone else next to Xhaka. We only started playing Xhaka, Ramsey and Wilshere together towards the end of the season. Before then it’s always been Xhaka plus one.

Well I think we ought to have 6 midfielders. As it stands with Santi leaving we have 5 in Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshere, Elneny & AMN, so I think just one quality player to (in effect) replace Santi would be fine. If Wilshere and/or Ramsey leave we'll need more than that, i'm just not sure our budget can do that when it needs to focus so much on the defence. I think it can accommodate one midfielder but probably not more than that, hence why Wilshere & Ramsey should stay.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If we assume Arteta will be appointed I think we'll continue the trend of favouring technical midfielders over physical midfielders. Much like Pep, he'll simply work on the basis that his midfield is better technically than the majority of the oppositions, and the opposition must adapt themselves, instead of using physical players to adapt to the opposition.

A lot of fans want to replace Santi's spot in the squad with a DM, but I think it'll be like-for-like, something like Jean Seri perhaps. The goal will be to improve the technical level of the midfield, and I'd say keeping Wilshere and Ramsey is part of that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Let's not forget Iwobi will most likely be considered a CM from now on.

He's probably the most cazorla-like player we have in the squad alongside Wilshere. Can see him developing very well in that role.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’d keep him personally. Although if he doesn’t want to sign then off you go.

Bring Meyer in on a free to “replace” Santi. Hopefully sign Ramsey up. Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshere, Meyer, Elneny as the main midfield in our squad is good stuff.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I’d keep him personally. Although if he doesn’t want to sign then off you go.

Bring Meyer in on a free to “replace” Santi. Hopefully sign Ramsey up. Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshere, Meyer, Elneny as the main midfield in our squad is good stuff.

Meyer apparently off to Hoffenheim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom