• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
i'm not saying Klopp is s**te but to say Emery is bad manager is wrong.
No I agree mate and Emery's not sh*t and I'm ready to see what he can do but Klopp really is a very special manager and his achievements seem to be diminished a lot here.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Some probably thought with Arteta at the helm they could put in the occasional effort & get a"well done" from their old colleague.

No such luck with Emery I'm afraid, he'll demand 120% from them the moment he sets foot in London Colney.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
:lol: well I do like Auba so still 50% excited. It's something.

Nah, it's a new manager. If he can turn Ramsey into a good player whilst getting the balance of the midfield(maybe Xhaka and Banega :drool:) then I'm all up for it.
If you read that analysis of his tactics at Sevilla a few pages back the description of the role of the CAM and his job of pressing and supporting the striker sounds like it would fit Ramsey to the letter.

No such luck with Emery I'm afraid, he'll demand 120% from them the moment he sets foot in London Colney.

Actually there are rumors flying around that when Emery demanded something from his players and they told him to **** off he just said okay I will...

There are apparently a lessons he needed to learn hard time PSG and we gotta hope he learned them well because our players have been in comfort zone for a long time and if a new manager is gonna change that he needs to be hard on them!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s going to be absolutely gutted when Ramsey leaves in a couple of weeks then

I’d like to think he’d have some form of assurances that he’ll be able to keep him.

My feeling is we’ll be playing a 4-3-3 with Ramsey in the Lampard role. Emery always impressed me in Spain by not being too tactically rigid, he adapted his formations to fit what he had.

Can see him letting Aaron making late runs into the box smashing them in. Buzzing for this now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Well that escalated quickly. I pop out for one f*cking evening and all hell breaks loose. Some thoughts:

I don't know what to think, this has completely taken me by surprise. Need some time to think about this objectively.

It's very paradoxical. Emery is a better appointment on paper than Arteta but somehow I feel disappointed? Arteta was far from my first choice, but I had accepted the idea of it and got excited about it. He has serious flaws and it could have gone very wrong, but I approved of the spirit of it and I saw how it fits into a broader plan. It was a truly bold appointment and I liked that.

But this feels strange. I'll hold my hands up my initial reservations on Emery are purely superficial and prejudiced, I just think he looks a bit odd. But putting that to one side, i don't understand how he's the best candidate we could find. Jardim, anyone??

What's Emery known for? What are his tactics? As far as I can tell he's known as a good coach, but not one of the best. I'm feeling decidedly underwhelmed.

What's most troubling me is that I was hoping that they knew who they wanted all along, that it was a very carefully planned succession. For years and f*cking years every man and his dog has been talking about this succession plan. This was Gazidis' one real job, I assumed that secretly it was all very well worked out. But the way it's been reported it sounds like they really didn't know who they wanted and they've decided at the last minute on a guy who was only sacked the other week. This doesn't fill me with confidence in the new structure.

Finally, Santi has left, Elneny has taken the no. 4 and Cech has taken the no. 1!! Nothing about this is uplifting, it's all just so "Ugh, f*ck".

Ugh, f*ck. I need to sleep on this.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
So the sun reckon Emery gave a presentation two weeks ago at Arsenal which contradicts what ball bag said about him having an interview today and it also contradicts the interview on the 14th from Emery himself who stated Arsenal hadn't been in touch with him.

I think I might stick my neck out and say the sun are telling porkies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom