• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

c00lguy

Nearly everything about our board and the way the club is run is a shambles.

We should be out there persuading top managers to come to us not host auditions. I believe that is why Vieria felt disrespected, it had nothing to do with Arteta.

carlito'sway

Established Member
This is probably the worrying bit , were they after Arteta because they couldn't get anyone else and as soon as someone with any repute turned up they jumped on him .

I am totally gutted for Arteta. He got played by Ivan and that is totally not cool. For all the talks, that was a totally botched process. It has a smack of improvisation, incompetence and lack of vision and doesn't reflect well on the powers to be at the club.

Last edited:

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Ornstein: “Arteta didn’t pull out, that is for sure. He was so keen on the job"

I'm actually so mad at the board. They have no integrity or class. The way they sacked Wenger and conducted themselves during this ' new era'

They don't know how to show respect to their fellow man.

I feel for Arteta his relationship with Arsenal has no doubt been damaged, absolute scenes if Everton back him in the transfer market and we don't back Emery and Everton finish above us.

scytheavatar

Established Member

I'm actually so mad at the board. They have no integrity or class. The way they sacked Wenger and conducted themselves during this ' new era'

I feel for Arteta his relationship with Arsenal has no doubt been damaged, absolute scenes if Everton back him in the transfer market and we don't back Emery and Everton finish above us.

Who the freak do you think Arteta is and what has he achieved to deserve "respect" as manager? It is the job of the board to consider all options and chose the best among them, no reason why they own Arteta anything.

KROENKE SUCKS

They wanted Arteta because they thought fans would love it and would stick to him when things go south. It became clear however that the opposite is true, fans are not happy with the board going for a n00b manager. Lots of questions too as to which qualified coach would want to work under Arteta, makes me facepalm when we are concern about Arteta's experience and then there is talk of even less experienced Alonso being his assistant. The board panicked and were forced to look at alternatives to Arteta.

Gazidis wanted Arteta because he wanted someone cheap with the idea that he with advise of Mislintat, Sanllehi would control the club. The manager would just be there to handle tactics. A little like Pep at Barca. If we finished 6th they could always use the "he needs time" bullshit approach, and waste another couple of seasons while Kroenke's investment continues to increase in value or he learns on the job and gets better. Problem is this league is so competitive and all our rivals ambitious that there is a very good chance that a noob like appointment like Arteta combined with no real money being spent will result in finishing out of the top 6. Sounds like Sanllehi used this to out manoeuvre Gazidis and get his man Emery the job. I think Stan has no idea what he's doing and is just looking to hold on as long as possible to get the most returns from his investment. Problem is the longer he holds on the worse off this club will be.

Gunners4life

Who the freak do you think Arteta is and what has he achieved to deserve "respect" as manager? It is the job of the board to consider all options and chose the best among them, no reason why they own Arteta anything.

Club legend mate, they led him on and then changed their minds. They knew he had no experience why change their mind so late?

KROENKE SUCKS

Club legend mate, they led him on and then changed their minds. They knew he had no experience why change their mind so late?

They have no idea what they are doing. Kroenke is like that old grandpa who accidentally turned up at the neurburgring with a Ferrari, all he wanted was a jaunt in the countryside in his Fiat. Problem is the Ferrari is too good to turn down so now he's going to hold on as long as he possibly can while taking a slow drive round the track being a nuisance to everyone else.

CanadianGooner1608

State of those who put money on Arteta being manager lol.

I am genuinely mixed about Emery... and it has nothing to do with his managerial capabilities... as a Monaco fan, I'm just too used to blindly hate him. So yeah, this has absolutely no logic involved whatsoever. Hopefully I can get to stage 5 quickly.

Gunners4life

State of those who put money on Arteta being manager lol.

I am genuinely mixed about Emery... and it has nothing to do with his managerial capabilities... as a Monaco fan, I'm just too used to blindly hate him. So yeah, this has absolutely no logic involved whatsoever. Hopefully I can get to stage 5 quickly.

I thought you were an arsenal fan not a Monaco fan?

cesare

Forgetting for a minute the circus we've had so far, imagine that it was announced the day after our game against Huddersfield that Emery would be taking over from Arsène.

Imagine that Gazidis and Co. sent out a press briefing announcing that they’d spent countless hours on trying to find a worthy successor to this legendary manager we’ve had and that they’d finally settled on Unai Emery.
Imagine if they’d talked about how his values embody the spirit of how Arsenal Football Club is meant to play football.
Imagine if they talked about how Emery was not unlike Arsène when he first joined Arsenal. Someone who lived and breathed football almost to the point others called it an ‘illness’. Someone with great attention to detail, brilliant tactical understanding of the game and specific ideas on how his teams should play. Someone who is a scholar of the game and is always reading, learning and teaching.
Imagine if they’d talked about his time at Valencia where he competed at the top table of La Liga with Pep Guardiola’s all conquering Barcelona and Jose Mourinho’s Real Madrid while managing the likes of David Villa, David Silva and Juan Mata all the while steering the club through one of the most torrid financial times they’ve had (reported debt of upto €400M).
Imagine if they’d talked about his time at Sevilla where he won 3 back to back Europa League titles while consistently punching above their weight with the financial constraints the club had. Leading them to a club record points total while bringing unheralded players in and developing them. Imagine if they’d talked about the joy Emery took in teaching and improving his players.
Imagine if they’d talked about his experience managing one of the biggest clubs in the world in PSG where the most expensive player in the world played for him and where he won 5 trophies in 2 years.

Imagine if Emery himself came out and talked about how he wanted to help fans find joy - the ‘joy that comes from the ilusión, the hope, the dream, of winning a title.’ About how he wanted them to enjoy the now and how he wanted us to win.

Imagine if this article had come out at the same time:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ropa-league-final-unai-emery?CMP=share_btn_tw

(To anyone who hasn’t read this yet, you should.)

And now think about how you feel about having this man take over our club. If he does end up taking over next season, the very least this man deserves is our respect and whole hearted support.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I just hope it doesn't backfire. Our board back stabbed Arteta big time.

Imagine Arteta gets appointed by a rival and goes on to do really well whilst we continue to suffer. That would be horrible.

Good god calm down guys. You guys really caught into the Arteta= Next Pep hype.

We picked up a experienced manager, who prior to PSG, is used to working within a budget and who has a point to prove.

Arteta should have never ever been a legitimate option for AFC right now given his CV. If he had no connections to Arsenal as a ex player or tbh wasn't Spanish nobody would give a **** about him.

Gegen Pressing

Imagine if Emery himself came out and talked about how he wanted to help fans find joy - the ‘joy that comes from the ilusión, the hope, the dream, of winning a title.’ About how he wanted them to enjoy the now and how he wanted us to win.

Imagine if this article had come out at the same time:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ropa-league-final-unai-emery?CMP=share_btn_tw

(To anyone who hasn’t read this yet, you should.)

And now think about how you feel about having this man take over our club. If he does end up taking over next season, the very least this man deserves is our respect and whole hearted support.

Right and then... Imagine Gazidis U-turn to appoint Arteta for the lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom