• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KROENKE SUCKS

Don’t forget innovative. We’ve had someone say he’s no better than Wenger yet his approach to tactics and analysis makes Wenger look like an ancient fossil.

You don't know anything about football if you think that. Wenger's the best tactician in world football, has been for the last 20 years.

JuanCarlosValeron

I can to a certain extent understand the frustration expressed by @sayyes. Living in a caravan with broken windows, low on canned food and worrying about whether the neighbor is going to renew his Sky subscription, is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. Other than that, I am puzzled by the scepticism. Emery is a pragmatic manager who has a history of getting the maximum out of his players. Sure, things didn´t pan out for him at PSG, but all managers have experiences like that. Ferguson was on the brink of getting sacked at Man Utd, AC Milan decided to let go of Allegri, AS Monaco parted ways with Arsène and when Liverpool became fed up with Rodgers´ widespread use of latin phrases , Brendan had to bring his projector and slides to Scotland. The exictement attached to the appointment of Mikel would last until the season opener, where one would witness Kolasinac and Bellerin in midfeld, Elneny 4 (thanks Allah) marshalling the defence and Ospina attempting to express his inner quarterback.

Last edited:

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Allegri and Arteta were my top two choices for the job (I know... two complete opposites, but I never saw us getting the former). There's an air of excitement with the unknown and what others at the top of the game have said about him. Plus, he loves the club and wants to be here. I couldn't ask for much more. The lack of managerial experience doesn't bother me like it does most.

Fair enough, I get where you are coming from, i also wanted Allegri and understand the excitement and mystery that surrounds Arteta. I just think experience/success, as in any other role, is the biggest parameter from which to judge and hire, especially for a job as big as this. In this case Emery is the clear winner. It seems Emery was also quite keen on the job but either way i hope most will back him as they would have Arteta.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
This quote smells like silverware to me.

'"Emery," admits one player, "is a colossal pesado (pain in the arse). The players hate him. Training sessions are long and unbelievably boring. Team talks go on forever - he makes you watch videos for hours, with endless replays of corners and free kicks, even goal kicks. It's so dull I've seen people fall asleep. He tells you the same things every week, like you're a little kid, ramming home his point - like the one about an open hand only delivering a slap but a fist, with everyone tightly packed together, being capable of doing real damage. He goes on forever, you get bored stiff, you think it's all bollocks ... but it works. It's so relentless that in the end every single player knows exactly what he wants."'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/feb/04/europeanfootball.sport1

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This quote smells like silverware to me.

'"Emery," admits one player, "is a colossal pesado (pain in the arse). The players hate him. Training sessions are long and unbelievably boring. Team talks go on forever - he makes you watch videos for hours, with endless replays of corners and free kicks, even goal kicks. It's so dull I've seen people fall asleep. He tells you the same things every week, like you're a little kid, ramming home his point - like the one about an open hand only delivering a slap but a fist, with everyone tightly packed together, being capable of doing real damage. He goes on forever, you get bored stiff, you think it's all bollocks ... but it works. It's so relentless that in the end every single player knows exactly what he wants."'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/feb/04/europeanfootball.sport1
They earn so much money a week so an extra hour of your manager talking to improve your ability won't destroy your daily life ffs.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
He's not fluent in English and doesn't really know the league.
Bearing that in mind he could really use an assistant fluent in both English and Spanish who knows the league and the club well, has experience as an assistant and at an age where he could maybe take over in future.

Can't think of anyone though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Bearing that in mind he could really use an assistant fluent in both English and Spanish who knows the league and the club well, has experience as an assistant and at an age where he could maybe take over in future.

Santi or Thierry would be great.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What exactly is a "no nonsense" style of football? Are there really managers out there that have to turn to their players before a match and say "i want no nonsense from you lot today".

Better yet, are there managers who turn to their players before a match and say "Alright lads, let's have some real nonsense football out there today! Let's give them a real lark!?" :cool:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Poch also when he came to England couldn't speak English I think it took him 2 years to speak good he always used translator when he talk to media. Conte also same problem very little English the language won't be problem because there will be people in club going to help

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

He'll bring his own assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom