• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You said no team has ever built their teams around a player.?

Totally inaccurate statement..
Tell me how this happens then. Give me a clue, other than name dropping great players and assuming their respective club sides were built around them because they scored lots of goals.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

And enough of this 'building the team around' cliched meaningless dung. It doesn't happen, it's never happened and it never ever will happen. No manager has ever 'built the team' around any individual ever.

Tbf I think the Aubameyang/Ramsey stuff is just Emery merely acknowledging that these are two guys in particular that can fit into what he wants the team to be. Basically we need to create a side that gets the best out of our most lethal striker and an offensive midfielder who's runs are devastating.

I do agree though that I don't think any manager has ever gone to a team took one player and thought "right I'm gonna build the team around this player and solely for the benefit for this player" and if they have they certainly didn't make it to or stick at the top level of management for very long. Football is very much a team, great teams are built to get the best out of 11 not 1.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Is Arsenal built around Özil? Was it built around Sanchez? When can you say it's beyond doubt that a team is built around an individual? What needs to happen?

AVENTUS

Tell me how this happens then. Give me a clue, other than name dropping great players and assuming their respective club sides were built around them because they scored lots of goals.

Teams buy and sell to accommodate there best players. It was Messi that pushed Zlatan out of Barcelona solely cause he didn’t like him.

Even Wenger tried to build Arsenal around Fabregas he was his main man. Pat V was even shown the door to accommodate Cesc.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Think SkySports & the others got the Aubameyang/Ramsey line from the Sun this morning.

Personally no issue if Emery want to build round Monreal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Tbf I think the Aubameyang/Ramsey stuff is just Emery merely acknowledging that these are two guys in particular that can fit into what he wants the team to be. Basically we need to create a side that gets the best out of our most lethal striker and an offensive midfielder who's runs are devastating.

I do agree though that I don't think any manager has ever gone to a team took one player and thought "right I'm gonna build the team around this player and solely for the benefit for this player" and if they have they certainly didn't make it to or stick at the top level of management for very long. Football is very much a team, great teams are built to get the best out of 11 not 1.
I get the improving the supply line to the striker/s thing. That's building a football team 101. Like finding defensive midfield players that will shield a back 4 or 3. It's all building a team.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I disagree when you say that Tottenham was their natural self before Pochettino. Redknapp established them as a top 5 club 2010. They actually reached the top 4 twice between 2010 and 2014 (when Pochettino arrived). Yes, they finished 6th 13-14 but that gave them a place in Europe and the 5th team was only three points ahead of them.
They have undoubtedly improved since Poch has joined man... dont understand how you can't accept that

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Teams buy and sell to accommodate there best players. It was Messi that pushed Zlatan out of Barcelona solely cause he didn’t like him.

Even Wenger tried to build Arsenal around Fabregas he was his main man. Pat V was even shown the door to accommodate Cesc.
You've not explained how a team is built around a player here though. You highlighted football politics and in the case of Vieira, a player who merely wanted out! It was convenient that we had Cesc.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I've no idea how this myth is spreading so fast lol..

Group attribution error. It's an easy way to continue to divide the fan base into us vs. them without actually putting any research into it or thought behind it. They see a few who have been in the "other" group disagreeing with them on this and extrapolate flawed assumptions from that.

c00lguy

That twitter account who said that Emery used scouting reports and stuff to impress Gazidis by highlighting Auba and Ramsey's central roles seems to be ITK because Sky are reporting the same thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom