• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

It's a smart move in my opinion.

If he likes the player, then it makes sense to get him back on board and get a closer look at him. He did OK in the games he played and scored some good goals like Forest away and Bournemouth away. Would be a good option to have in the EL as well early on.

He either stays as a squad option or he get's sold. Nothing really to be to concerned about.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Our top priorities are a GK, a CB and a CM. If we don't have money for attackers it's an OK decision. Our bench is poverty right now, send the kids on loans instead of keeping them for 5 EL games.

Agree with this, our bench options in the second half of the season were absolutely atrocious.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't think he'll suit a pressing game. I always remember him slacking off when it came to tracking back so i can't see him putting in the effort to press the ball.

StefanB

I really like Perez. Think he's a very decent player. Can score goals, create goals and play a quick passing game. He's technically very solid and I've always felt he's a hard worker.

Think he'll be a very good player to have. Don't think Wenger gave him a fair chance at all.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think he'll suit a pressing game. I always remember him slacking off when it came to tracking back so i can't see him putting in the effort to press the ball.
Yes, but you wonder how hard Wenger really pushed the pressing thing. Emery is known for convincing players to play his style.

I'm ambivalent. Dont feel I really saw enough to say he definitely shouldnt be given another chance.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He never had a proper chance here. I've been watching some Deportivo lately since I'm a Seedorf fan. The guy made some great runs mostly from striker position. He was sloppy with chances often, but imagine playing as an attacker for a bottom league fighting relegation. You are constantly running your arse off cause you can never relax/control pace of the game. Also he was expected to be the messiah to prevent their relegation as a club legend.

We shouldn't block any potential winger signings for this guy, but if we can save that money and spend it on a much needed GK CB DM I don't see why we wouldn't take a chance on him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I may be able to dig out my old avi again :) tbh I still feel he wasn't given enough mins, when he played he scored or got an assist. People will go on about the hatrick against weak opposition but he finished 4th (without checking) that season for assists and 3rd as top scorer. He didnt do that because of one game against weak opposition. I know I'd rather have him than Welbeck as 3rd choice striker. Lets spend our money where needed and see how Lucas does with Emery.

Would just be cruel to take his final years and having him on the bench after all he went through with us...

We might be able to recoup the fee we paid for him!

If we want to keep him I honestly don't care.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Been banging the Perez drum since the beginning of the year and I hope Unai gives him a life line here.
He would definitely make the most of it if he gets playing time and in terms of finishing he's miles better than Welbeck or Iwobi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom