• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojoba

Give me a break, if Özil made his name under Mourinho then I think it's safe to assume he can handle playing under Emery.
Where he was always substituted after 60-70 minutes?.
At Madrid they had Ronaldo that made everyone round him look way better than they were.

Jojoba

Mourinho called him the best number 10 in the world, but I guess you know better.
Citing Mourinho? Lol
He also says that Fellaini is one of the best midfielders in Europe. He also told us that Eden Hazard was as good s C.Ronaldo. Mourinho also says that there is conspiracy against him by the FA and Referees.

And if Mourinho really rates him then how come he has had 2 opportunities to sign the so called best no10 in the world but on all 2 occasions he has not even considered him. Madrid wanted to get rid of Özil but Mourinho did not even bother to bid for him at Chelsea, he went for Cesc.

Second opportunity came this January, the guy ran down his contract to a few months and was virtually a free agent, waited and waited for any top club to come in for him, non bothered. Mourinho then overlooked him and went for Sanchez?
Lip service if you asked me..

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Citing Mourinho? Lol
He also says that Fellaini is one of the best midfielders in Europe. He also told us that Eden Hazard was as good s C.Ronaldo. Mourinho also says that there is conspiracy against him by the FA and Referees.

And if Mourinho really rates him then how come he has had 2 opportunities to sign the so called best no10 in the world but on all 2 occasions he has not even considered him. Madrid wanted to get rid of Özil but Mourinho did not even bother to bid for him at Chelsea, he went for Cesc.

Second opportunity came this January, the guy ran down his contract to a few months and was virtually a free agent, waited and waited for any top club to come in for him, non bothered. Mourinho then overlooked him and went for Sanchez?
Lip service if you asked me..

Why would anyone ask you! :rolleyes:

Jojoba

It's great how people cherry pick quotes from managers they think talk utter crap every other day :lol:
It's great how people cherry pick quotes from managers they think talk utter crap every other day :lol:
It’s called cognitive dissonance / bias.
They only cite or quote when it suit them.
Normally they would laugh and not take seriously anything Mourinho says. “Bus parker, kills talented technical players like Özil”. Oh wait.... lol

avalonhse

If Emery demands it he'll press, otherwise he can fvck off to the bench for all I care.

I can not understand the hate to Özil here. If Özil can play pretty well in Mourinho's defensive system, something even Mkhi can not, why Özil can not fit into Emery system?

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Love you Mesut. Thank you Arsène for getting Aubameyang and extending Özil as your parting gift.

Oh_Snap

I can not understand the hate to Özil here. If Özil can play pretty well in Mourinho's defensive system, something even Mkhi can not, why Özil can not fit into Emery system?
c11045ece4c55318720d04c350cd4cbc--arsenal-madrid.jpg

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

Cesc went to Chelsea well after Özil did. Özil joined us the same summer Mourinho joined Chelsea. We had first dibs on Özil, as Gazidis story shows, because we were actually there when Özil had his strop about not being first choice.

As for the second choice, Özil was in negotiations to sign a contract and rejected approaches.

He's worked under Mourinho for the years he was there at Real Madrid, and wasn't sold by Mourinho. If he can work for that system, he can work for Emery.

fc honka

Its funny how posters here already are sure that Özil wont fit into Emerys system. Many clearly are hoping that he wont fit.
Next season will show us what happens.

Building the team around Ramsey would be a bad option imo. He just does not have enough quality.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

7 years ago. Has Özil regressed since since signing? I think so.

We tried to build around Özil and it has not worked.

CanadianGooner1608

Anyone thinking Őzil will not be able to adapt to Emery just need to look at him within Die Manschaft. Lőw is notoriously anal about game plans, drills, etc... how did Őzil fare at the world cup/euro in that system?

Sure he didn't have the best of seasons, but then again neither did the large majority of the team. Blaming only him makes no sense in a team sport like football.

At the end of the day, Őzil is a pro football player who will adapt to the coach's demands. If he doesn't, well he can be shown the door.

In the meantime, let's stop assuming he will be terrible and be a bit hopeful for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom