• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Pérez: Is he back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

I think he has something in his locker, but nothing Lacazette or Auba doesnt already have - movement and finishing.

Would prefer to free up that squad space for an exciting young winger.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He had a very strong end to the season in la liga, even scoring against Barcelona. I think he's a good Emery type of player as he can press really well if I remember correctly. He would make a fantastic bench option at least.
That game was a dead rubber. Sanogo scored four against Benfica.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I reckon he'll get a go under Emery, could see Welbeck getting sold and Iwobi loaned.
From what I saw he is quite a precise technical player but also does work hard. Basically all the things Welbeck isnt in terms of end product but not quite as explosive.
Very poorly treated under Wenger imo and never given a go at all. Suspect he was a victim of internal politics at the club rather than anything he did particularly wrong.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That game was a dead rubber. Sanogo scored four against Benfica.
One is a friendly and the other an official game that won Barca the league at Depor's home ground and on the flipside officially relegating the hosts.
If it was such a dead rubber, then why did Barca get back into the game?
tenor.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If Emery likes him and can get the best from him great. Or it could simply be a case of talking up a player to attract interest.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I just recently saw a list of the players that have created the most chances this season and believe it or not, Lucas was on that very list. Dont remember the exact place, but top ten.

He always had the goods, let's see what he can do in a new system with trust

Preacher

Always Crying
I just recently saw a list of the players that have created the most chances this season and believe it or not, Lucas was on that very list. Dont remember the exact place, but top ten.

He was 2nd, only Messi created more chances than him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

He was 3rd and 4th on Arsenals list of goals and assists for the season, AND Wenger hardly used him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would like to see just how good the chances created were & how many when played wide. Just the two assists from wide the rest central.

Good end to the season but big dry spell early on that got his house graffitied & fans wanted him dropped. Hardly a successful homecoming.

Feel Micky being here now most likely ends his Arsenal days. Just on another level for the right midfield position. Lucas & his agent were moaning before Christmas in his last spell at Arsenal with Giroud & Alexis the options up top. We are stacked now with quality experience & hungry youth! If we add a wide player has to be blistering pace.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Would love to see him replace welbeck.
I wouldn’t have to punch walls in every time we play anymore and we’d have a superior replacement while making funds for investments in other positions

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Why do people insist on being negative about Perez? He scored a hatrick in the CL and people just said "Weak opponents!" He scores goals, he makes assists, excuses are not needed!
It's being realistic. Lucas Perez will be 30 in September. If he was going to set anywhere alight he would have done so by now.

He's not a bad player but not good enough to warrant taking up a place and significant wages unless you can't get anyone better or with more long-term prospects.

Perez was a panic buy to quieten the fans. Not sure they ever really wanted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom