• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League Final 2018: Real Madrid vs Liverpool FC - Saturday May 26th - Kick off -19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Remember when David James was called Calamity James? I think we found his successor in Calamity Karius. Has a nice ring to it, if I do say so myself.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He is not an all time great defender in the sense of being a defensive master (or incredibly good defensively...Varane is simply better than him already) but like someone pointed out, he is incredibly intelligent and has a ridiculous trophy cabinet that no defender can ever match.

It's a strange state of affairs when Ramos is unquestionably one of the greatest, most successful footballers and captains of all time, and yet people still don't really rate him as a defender. Fwiw I think he's a much better defender than people assume, but still a bit of an enigma.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Varane better? What? No way.

Ramos is the greatest defender of all time.
He may have the accolades, but as a defensive player, he isn't the greatest ever. There are defenders who are a lot of current defenders who are better than him but haven't won nearly as much.

It's the same with Pique, people rate him highly due to his accolades but he isn't a great defender.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I actually don't know where this hate is coming from. Real Madrid have been running things for years, the only difference is they've been on a streak of winning things recently.

Barcelona is the club I can't stand. Despise them to bits.

Nobody really likes Madrid obviously, but it's not like they pretend or try to be likeable. They are what they are and they're good at it. Barca on the other hand, f*ck me. They claim the moral high ground when in fact they're just as bad as any other superclub.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
It's a strange state of affairs when Ramos is unquestionably one of the greatest, most successful footballers and captains of all time, and yet people still don't really rate him as a defender. Fwiw I think he's a much better defender than people assume, but still a bit of an enigma.
He isn't even the greatest captains of all time, that phrase makes no sense. Wouldn't rank in most people top 10 captains if you really sat down to think. He has an amazing career and the trophies to back it up, as a defender, he is better than average but still not the best in Europe.

@Furious Yes... Varane as a defender is much better than Ramos. I'm not going to have a debate over this. This isn't one of those where we can exchange opinions, I simply see Varane as a better defender than Ramos.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I'm guessing you can read this, google translate seems to be the same as that guys tweet. So it looks like Salah will make it :D

But it also mentions the ligaments, so maybe it does mean sprain here.

I dunno.

MrLuke

He gave an Interview after the match. This is certainly gonna be weird and huge void all of sudden seeing a guy who you grew up watching is no more there.

This Video was released today pre-final by Teocri - Absolutely amazing

You might never see C.Ronaldo in RM shirt again

Last edited:

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
He’s a better captain than he is a defender. He’s come up big in key moments numerous times. But doesn’t he also hold some record for most red cards? Great defenders don’t get sent off half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom