• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League Final 2018: Real Madrid vs Liverpool FC - Saturday May 26th - Kick off -19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can’t see Karius staying at Liverpool, its not the first time he’s made a mistake, he will do it again. He has to be better than De Gea to last in Liverpool now, pressure will be enormous. Naturally everybody will be like ahh poor Karius right now but they won’t have any patience with him next season.
Exactly, impossible to stay at the club now unless he does some DDG stuff like you said. It will be like us with Walcott but 100x worse. :lol:

MrLuke

Sevilla won 3 ELs in a row too. I think it’s ridiculous when people claim the PL is the best league in the world. Currently the PL has more “really good teams” but they are not elite teams as we see time and again.

The Spanish dominance is much more impressive then the recent results. It expense a decade. This is unprecedented and 4 teams laid the asssult on Europe in the last decade..

From season 08-09 to 17-18 that is 10 seasons completed.

Barcelona won 3 UCL titles (09, 11, 15)
Sevilla Won 3 UEL titles (14,15,16)
Atletico Madrid Won 3 UEL titles (10,12,18)
Real madrid won 4 UCL titles (14,16,17,18)

That is 13 out of 20 in a decade aka 10 seasons = 10 years

The fantastic four of Spain.

But what people forget is that during that decade spanish football went thru a revolution and had alot of great players come through at the same time. If you go back and check out the squads of Sevilla in 2014,15 or 16 you would be surprised how good squads they had for being a Europe league team and the same goes to Atletico madrid who were to good for the Europe and actully a Champions league team and one of the candidates to win it.

They had ridicolously good squads and perhaps deserve to win 1 or 2 Champions leauge very unlucky team in the UCL.

And then you have Barcelona with MSN, Iniesta, xavi etc etc.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It's what Arsenal players never do but every other team has 2 or 3 players who's main job it is to be ****s. Ramos is out hre dislocating shoulders and laughing about it, Koscielny is out here getting slapped on the head and put in headlocks in European finals. Arsenal are so naive.

Slight correction. That (long distant) year we knocked RM out out the CL we wasted as much time as humanly possible. We knew how to employ the dark arts then. For one season only at least :)

Malky

Established Member
I wanted Liverpool to lose last night, but I really felt sorry for Karius.
Saying that, the Liverpool players shown themselves up last night for the **** they are, not one team mate of Karius went over to him at full-time, he was surrounded by Real Madrid players consoling him, but not one of his team mates, pathetic from them.
'You'll Never Walk Alone'? Well Karius did, all the way over to the Liverpool fans to apologize and still not one of his team mates came over to see if he was alright.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Exactly, impossible to stay at the club now unless he does some DDG stuff like you said. It will be like us with Walcott but 100x worse. :lol:
So much worse, I can’t even forgive Cech and he lost us a couple league matches. Nothing compared to the CL final.

It is not bad luck that he made that second mistake with Bale’s second goal, its because of the first one. He already showed there that there is no way back. All great keepers make mistakes, I’ve seen Navas do it on the other side too. But they respond by shutting the door, it all got into Karius’ head and he messed up again. Its over for him, it should be.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I was fortunate enough to meet him and he's HUGE.
At his athletic peak (the fact I even have to say athletic peak just shows how much of a monster he is, guy is arguably having his best ever season at 33 years old, insane) he was pushing 250lbs and was the fastest player in the league despite it being full of super athletic 6 foot point guards with considerably less weight to carry. The amount of power the guy must generate, we’ve all seen those clips of his head above the rim.

You’re right, I don’t think we’ll ever see someone built for sport like him again. He would have had a solid career based on his physical gifts alone, to combine that with his brain? I think by the time he retires the GOAT debate won’t be so easy.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Someone pointed out how Klopp got Firmino to mark Casemiro to stop the build up but then Kroos basically took up Casemiro's position and just like that that game plan was out the window.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can't remember the last time a player leaving the field had such an effect on a match tbh. They feared Salah like I wouldn't have imagined. They all grew 3 feet as soon as he disappeared. I think he was set to destroy Madrid tbh. He looked bang up for it. Mane too. Their forward line is world class. The midfield behind them though, is bottom of the table stuff.

I had £4 on 3-1. Won me £80 :lol:

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I was surprised that Lovren didn't have any brain farts last night, but that's because he probably paid off Karius to take up the mantle from him.
Liverpool are very similar to us in this department. If it isn't the usual suspect, it's someone else that sabotages the game for them. Bottler DNA 100%.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I got to respect Liverpool players, if it was me I don't see how it'd be possible not to physically assault Karius after FT. :lol:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not sure if that has been commented here yet....(too many pages to go through), but Ronaldo is a serious **** for basically stealing the coverage of Real history victory. Moronic!

say yes

forum master baiter
It's so well known that I'm not sure it truly bears repeating, but once again a big game was settled by mistakes. Cost Liverpool against Real just like it cost us against Atletico.

One of Real's greatest attributes is that they don't have any liabilities in their side.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I wanted Liverpool to lose last night, but I really felt sorry for Karius.
Saying that, the Liverpool players shown themselves up last night for the **** they are, not one team mate of Karius went over to him at full-time, he was surrounded by Real Madrid players consoling him, but not one of his team mates, pathetic from them.
'You'll Never Walk Alone'? Well Karius did, all the way over to the Liverpool fans to apologize and still not one of his team mates came over to see if he was alright.

Yeah very true.. For all the talk about how great a leader and captain Henderson is, he was nowhere to be seen while Karius was suffering alone.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Come on, not sure that is really funny, mate.
Of course it's not funny. Thanks to this **** of a goal keeper probably none of these players will ever see another CL final except on TV. One mistake like that you can forgive, two is just unacceptable.

Of course as an Arsenal fan I love seeing the kippers flopping. So this is great time.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Of course it's not funny. Thanks to this **** of a goal keeper probably none of these players will ever see another CL final except on TV. One mistake like that you can forgive, two is just unacceptable.

Of course as an Arsenal fan I love seeing the kippers flopping. So this is great time.

Yes his mistakes were horrendous but I just don't think advocating assault against a football player over mistakes is funny. Let's keep some perspective, mate.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Yes his mistakes were horrendous but I just don't think advocating assault against a football player over mistakes is funny. Let's keep some perspective, mate.
Calm your tits, I didn't advocate assault. I was just exaggerating how pissed I would be in their shoes since people are chatting **** about them not going up to console him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom