• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,206
  • Views 818,466

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
I like Karius, I hope Klopp gives him a vote of confidence and support in the next week or two. If Liverpool sign a GK, it should be an experienced GK like Buffon or Reina, to help temporarily take the spotlight off of Karius.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Haha oh dear. Sorry, but no amount of petitions will save them from the fact they went into a Champions League final with a 20 year old striker who's only scored 1 goal this season & an unfit Lallana as their back-up.

They've been walking a knife edge for months now, it finally caught up with them. They should be focusing on their squad depth, not Ramos.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

In England you'll surely say: "What a looser, celebrating a loss in a CL final." - But he is full of passion, loves the sport and his team and his tactic war spot on until the injury of Salah.

Look at both midfields yesterday, says it all. He is doing really well with this squad. He need more alternatives (on the wings) and a better GK. Think it's a question of time until he will win something, maybe not the PL.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He is doing really well with this squad. He need more alternatives (on the wings) and a better GK. Think it's a question of time until he will win something, maybe not the PL.
He might win the Mickey Mouse Cup next year with a 150 mil spent on a striker and goalie.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Don't like thing that Klopp can't put good defence and always depends on offence.They can play attractive football all night long,but it's hard to get big trophy with this game.I'll always choose Simeone or Allegri before him.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I like Karius, I hope Klopp gives him a vote of confidence and support in the next week or two. If Liverpool sign a GK, it should be an experienced GK like Buffon or Reina, to help temporarily take the spotlight off of Karius.

Buffon = PSG bound
Reina = Milan bound

However, I do agree a with you.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Don't like thing that Klopp can't put good defence and always depends on offence.They can play attractive football all night long,but it's hard to get big trophy with this game.I'll always choose Simeone or Allegri before him.
His team — after losing their talisman — conceded three goals to the 2x-defending CL champions, two of which were down to freak GK errors. Not sure how much you can extract from yesterday’s display. Since January, they’ve been pretty defensively solid on the whole.

I’m willing to give him a pass as the midfield and defense he inherited was/is pretty poor. If FSG delivers on their promises of VVD-level investment though, he should absolutely be held to higher standards. That said, the players he’s brought in this far have definitely been at the requisite level, so I’m still bullish on Klopp futures.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'd love a one-dimensional coach who takes us to the CL final with a squad as average as Liverpool's. Klopp could really do nothing about the Salah injury, and until then they were pressing Madrid very effectively. Also could not do much about the Karius mistakes.

I don't think it's fair to point out how many finals Klopp lost, because he has always been the underdog, hasn't he.

Look, to be fair, it was a hammer blow to Liverpool's chances when Salah left the field.

And yes, credit is due to Klopp for taking an average side to such heights. It really does reflect well on his ability as a manager.

As for being the underdog always, I'm not sure about that. Yes, for most of the last six finals (Bayern x 2, Madrid x1, City x1) he has been the underdog. But for two of them he hasnt been (Wolfsburg x1, Sevilla x1).

I must add though that in Klopp's last 7 finals, he has won 1, againt Bayern Munich. So he has done it before.

The game isnt as black and white as that, judging a manager on the amount of finals he has won/lost, despite this being the measuring stick in the world of football (look at Wenger's critics for example). What does matter to me though is this long record of losses, surely it cannot be bad luck every time. There has to be something more to being so poor at this crucial stage of the competition, or as you say.. things not working out in your favour. Something that points to the psychological perhaps, and that is ultimately where you win/lose a game.

My personal analysis of Liverpool reminds me of our very own side between 2005-2010. Excellent football side, who were able to destroy any side in football, but were labelled nearly men, because they couldnt cross the line when it mattered. What's more is that they were mocked for doing exactly what Liverpool and Sp**s are aiming for, and Liverpool and Sp**s are being praised for this now.

Lets give Klopp this season to improve some more, because they are on an upward trajectory. How much they can improve remains to be seen, because in my mind... I think this is as good as it gets under Klopp. Nearly men.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It's the question isn't it, is there something inherent in Klopp's management that doesn't lend itself to winning?

Operating with a tight, rather small squad and minimal rotation while playing all-in high energy gegenpressing in every game of the season.

In weeks with a tight schedule and especially towards the end of a season, this approach wears a squad down physically. And that's unfortunately just when finals are.

The Dortmund hierarchy identified that problem, that in tight weeks and for some games you have to manage energy with a more laid back and controlling style, which is why they fittingly went for Tuchel so he would add that aspect to the pacy, high energy gegenpress of Klopp.

Dj_sds -

Liverpool getting top dollar for their players while only selling them abroad has been the most important factor behind their resurgence. Meanwhile arsenal has been gift wrapping their priced assets and gifting them to their rivals, all this while they cant get rid of their deadwood. And people have the audacity to only blame the board. Mismanagement in its full glory.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
They're still missing strikers on the bench in case Salah or the other two get injured.
Take him out of the team and they're suddenly Everton.
Think that’s hyperbole — they played RM to a ‘draw’ (save two Karius howlers) without Salah — but definitely agree they could use some attacking squad players at well, as the step down is steep, especially compared to a RM who can bring on Bale.

Their best 3 players happen to be their front 3; any team that loses one of their three studs is gonna suffer massively.

blaze_of_glory

Liverpool getting top dollar for their players while only selling them abroad has been the most important factor behind their resurgence. Meanwhile arsenal has been gift wrapping their priced assets and gifting them to their rivals, all this while they cant get rid of their deadwood. And people have the audacity to only blame the board. Mismanagement in its full glory.
We sold a wantaway Alexis with 6 months on his contract to Man U for 30m and Mikhi. And then re-signed Özil.

We also cleared out the likes of Walcott, Coq, Gabriel, Debuchy, etc.

Liverpool have spent over 400m in the past few years and won absolutely nothing, while we've won three FA Cups since 2014 during our apparent downturn.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Think that’s hyperbole — they played RM to a ‘draw’ (save two Karius howlers) without him
Real didn't even look like they were giving it their best. They were playing the waiting game and since Liverpool is like us in terms of making howlers, it didn't take too much effort to get the required result.

Firmino, while growing into that role up front, isn't there yet and Salah is driving them forward.
Lallana, Solanke and Ings are poverty options if they're to compete in different competitions next seasons and they are putting all their eggs in the front three basket, because the midfield can't create much.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Real didn't even look like they were giving it their best. They were playing the waiting game and since Liverpool is like us in terms of making howlers, it didn't take too much effort to get the required result.

Firmino, while growing into that role up front, isn't there yet and Salah is driving them forward.
Lallana, Solanke and Ings are poverty options if they're to compete in different competitions next seasons and they are putting all their eggs in the front three basket, because the midfield can't create much.
Fair enough, but still not on the same “Everton” page as you. Keita+Fabinho will also massively improve their midfield options.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Fair enough, but still not on the same “Everton” page as you. Keita+Fabinho will also massively improve their midfield options.
They become average without Salah on the pitch.
Both will give them a solid midfield, but I don't know if they'll do anything to improve them creatively. Liverpool has been lacking a regista.

Latest posts

Top Bottom