• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Caglar Söyüncü

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I’m sure we’re interested in Pavard, just don’t think we’ll pay the fee Stuggart want (hope I’m wrong.) Didn’t someone from Stuggart say a month or so ago that ‘€30m isn’t enough for a player like Pavard.’ I think they’ll be holding out for around the €50m mark. Would be happy with him or Soyoncu.

Our DoF Reschke said he "wouldn't even pick up the phone" if someone only bid 30m €. So I'm thinking bids in excess of 40, more like 45m € would tempt him to sell.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
Bellerin, Lichensteiner

Sokratis, Soyuncu, Chambers, Mavropanos, Holding

Monreal, Kolasinac

That is an excellent blend of strong numbers, competition for places and experience. No one would be safe.

I’m sure we’re interested in Pavard, just don’t think we’ll pay the fee Stuggart want (hope I’m wrong.) Didn’t someone from Stuggart say a month or so ago that ‘€30m isn’t enough for a player like Pavard.’ I think they’ll be holding out for around the €50m mark. Would be happy with him or Soyoncu.

If €45-50m is what it takes, then we should do it. He's exactly the type of defender that we need. Brave, calm, and good with the ball at his feet. Plus he'd be ready to step into the starting 11 from day one.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Sp*rs bought Davinson Sanchez last summer and are looking at buying f*cking de Ligt this summer. Those are two future elite CBs whose value could explode.
Then when they are sold for huge fees certain posters will put it down to luck and not acknowledge this.

Already see Liverpool’s Coutinho money being referenced as some sort of wildcard rather than acknowledging it was a positive outcome of signing a talented young player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm not convinced by Soyuncu by what I've seen of him, while Pavard looks undeniably top quality. If Soyuncu ends up costing us big money, not attempting to get Pavard instead would be really silly.
Unfortunately this tends to be what we do.

Do they play on the same team? Reminds me of the Gabriel transfer when he wasn’t even the best CB at Villarreal. We seem to handicap ourselves really.

We’ve got the muscle to buy their best defender but for some reason we’re going to buy the other one.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Then when they are sold for huge fees certain posters will put it down to luck and not acknowledge this.

Already see Liverpool’s Coutinho money being referenced as some sort of wildcard rather than acknowledging it was a positive outcome of signing a talented young player.

I think they’re lucky with the fee. I don’t mind Coutinho as a player but that fee is crackers.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I feel this signing is another Mustafi. Too much to gamble on a 21 year old defender.

I prefer spending money slightly on a finish product defender...otherwise, I'm okay with cheapo defensive signings hoping to find a diamond in the rough.

Our target age range for defenders should be 24-28 years of age.
We should be going for someone like Harry McGuire.

I'm sure Leciester might sell for 50 million. That is 15 million more.
We can sell Mustafi to help fund this move.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Didn't watch the game, but I read he played well and looked noticeably comfortable on the ball.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Didn't watch the game, but I read he played well and looked noticeably comfortable on the ball.

Eren Sarigul, the Turkish journalist who's been keeping tabs on this potential deal, seems very impressed with him indeed.

Apart from a very select few young players who are unanimously considered class from early on, most young players will divide opinion. I've heard some say he's not all that, I've heard others say he's really special. From the little I've seen he looks a bit raw but with a high ceiling. For this sort of deal i'm happy to go with the wisdom of the recruitment team, as long as it's combined with proven quality elsewhere.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

This is where I always found Wenger a bit puzzling. The man has an economics degree yet always seemed behind in the economics of football. You'd have thought these the kind of deals he'd have been making and turning a profit on in recent years with funds available.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Bellerin, Lichensteiner

Sokratis, Soyuncu, Chambers, Mavropanos, Holding

Monreal, Kolasinac

That is an excellent blend of strong numbers, competition for places and experience. No one would be safe.
we lack experience in CB either we keep mustafi or we buy 1 more.

akhil

we lack experience in CB either we keep mustafi or we buy 1 more.

I'd rather not honestly. I'd give Chambers a shot until the new year till Kos gets back and see how he does. He's not some rookie anymore. He's had over a 100 appearances in the PL and he's done well in the second half of the season. There's no point hoarding young CBs if we don't play them. I want to see what the younger guys who've stalled under Wenger do under the new coaching staff, chief among them Chambers, Holding, Bellerin and Iwobi.

We're in a rebuilding/ transitioning period, I honestly want to see a lot of our current crop under new coaches before we start discarding them.

The players I hope we get rid of are Mustafi, Welbeck and Wilshere if we can get some decent fees for the former 2.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

tenor.gif

GoonerBoy19

I agree chambers should start this season, if not good should be sold asap next summer and get a replacement, there is no point in having 3-4 inexperienced centre backs.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Yeah, unless the new regime has changed and doesn't mind public mentions of our transfer business. I doubt it though.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom