• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People acting like we have s**t squad we'll just need couple of improvement in defense and midfield and I'm sure we'll be there for top 4 finish because our attack specially Lacazzete and Auba can score you 50-60 goals a season

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

What was it Klopp said....oh yes: "Other clubs can go and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money". What was that, Jurgen?

I have absolutely no problem with a club spending however much they can afford on any player they want. If they've earned that money fair and square then go for it, that's their right. But can we all just cut the crap? This is modern elite football, no one is squeaky clean. This constant taking the moral high ground is infuriating.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Fine but the reality is we won't be competing for the league this season, so we should worry about Liverpool because they can keep us out of the top 4 and that is our realistic goal.

I feel our realistic goal is to break this cycle of stagnation we’re stuck in and show progress on and off the field. Top4 or not, all I want to see is somehing different, maybe have a go at Europa league and domestic cups. First and foremost we must instill confidence and winning mentality back to even consider challenging.

Pool will win fvck all, their style of play is physically very demanding and every team Klopp managed has declined massively after season or two of blistering football. They’ll burn out eventually, especialls as their bench is poverty.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
What was it Klopp said....oh yes: "Other clubs can go and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money". What was that, Jurgen?

I have absolutely no problem with a club spending however much they can afford on any player they want. If they've earned that money fair and square then go for it, that's their right. But can we all just cut the crap? This is modern elite football, no one is squeaky clean. This constant taking the moral high ground is infuriating.
If he got fakir that's mean he spent about 500M in his time at Liverpool

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Apparently Fekir is getting closer. Liverpool would have Keita, Fabinho and Fekir done by start of June. They've really changed the way they approach transfers.
They got 150M from Coutinho plus there transfer budget is more than 100M that's mean they got 250M at least to spend.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
£100M TV money, £150M Coutinho and £70M CL money means they could quite comfortably do this and also add Allison/Oblak for £80M.

WhatAFC

I feel our realistic goal is to break this cycle of stagnation we’re stuck in and show progress on and off the field. Top4 or not, all I want to see is somehing different, maybe have a go at Europa league and domestic cups. First and foremost we must instill confidence and winning mentality back to even consider challenging.

Pool will win fvck all, their style of play is physically very demanding and every team Klopp managed has declined massively after season or two of blistering football. They’ll burn out eventually, especialls as their bench is poverty.
How is their bench poverty? Especially if they sign fekir

Wilshere1010

Have to say this is impressive from Liverpool. Not just the quality of players they're signing, but the way they're going about it. No messing around whatsoever. Not even June yet and they've almost revamped their whole midfield.

say yes

forum master baiter
Seeing Liverpool make all these moves is making me feel less bad about those Karius mistakes by the minute.

Hope they spend so much on their midfield that they’ve got to stick with him for another season :drool:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I know they’ve been linked to him for awhile but wtf that would really piss me off.

Sterling and Sane are already class ffs.
I don't understand this deal too specially for that kind of money maybe pep like Mahrez and want ease the pressure on Sterling and Sane

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

I actually think his and the owners focus has changed there too, as the owners have seen how he works. He'd have come in and not made a fuss about needing big budgets like some coaches do (Mourinho and Guardiola being the obvious 2 in the prem), cos he's often had smaller budgets to work with.

His first summer there, they didn't spend much, but they got top 4 on the back of it. So that built trust - that he knows how to build teams using what he has and adding to it. So then last summer, spent a bit more, but again, not as much as some clubs, and then in January, finally made a 'big signing' in Van Dijk, and again - got top 4.

They now see they have to take the initiative he's built, and run with it. It's now or never for Liverpool. They dont take the chance now, they go back to where they where at before he went there, with 2nd rate coaches spending money poorly.

His (and their sporting directors) transfer dealing has been pretty much on point since he went there, now they has the full trust of the oweners. They know they have to take advantage of this.

By the way -he's always been willing to spend money - when he has it - problem is, he's not often had it! Just 2 of his seasons really at Dortmund the clud had money to give a substantial (by our standards at the time) budget for transfers.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I actually think his and the owners focus has changed there too, as the owners have seen how he works. He'd have come in and not made a fuss about needing big budgets like some coaches do (Mourinho and Guardiola being the obvious 2 in the prem), cos he's often had smaller budgets to work with.

His first summer there, they didn't spend much, but they got top 4 on the back of it. So that built trust - that he knows how to build teams using what he has and adding to it. So then last summer, spent a bit more, but again, not as much as some clubs, and then in January, finally made a 'big signing' in Van Dijk, and again - got top 4.

They now see they have to take the initiative he's built, and run with it. It's now or never for Liverpool. They dont take the chance now, they go back to where they where at before he went there, with 2nd rate coaches spending money poorly.

His (and their sporting directors) transfer dealing has been pretty much on point since he went there, now they has the full trust of the oweners. They know they have to take advantage of this.

By the way -he's always been willing to spend money - when he has it - problem is, he's not often had it! Just 2 of his seasons really at Dortmund the clud had money to give a substantial (by our standards at the time) budget for transfers.

I understand all that, I just wish managers of big clubs would stop the holier-than-thou attitude. Nothing wrong with spending big if you have the money, but be prepared to respond to questions as to why you previously said "I wouldn't spend even if I had it".

Managers of big clubs should just stop talking about money, cos at some point their own club is gonna spend big and they'll just be accused of hypocrisy.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I understand all that, I just wish managers of big clubs would stop the holier-than-thou attitude. Nothing wrong with spending big if you have the money, but be prepared to respond to questions as to why you previously said "I wouldn't spend even if I had it".

Managers of big clubs should just stop talking about money, cos at some point their own club is gonna spend big and they'll just be accused of hypocrisy.

he said at that same time 'if I spend money it's because I am trying to build a team'. So that is actually correct. He is spending money on building a team. Each signing is done methodically, with purpose, to build the team.

His comments where after United signed Pogba I think, maybe he felt they where signing a marketing strategy! Or just cos they like to flex their financial muscle buying star names. And for sure he isn't proving to worth anywhere near the crazy fee they paid for him. United are still trying to sign midfielders to compliment him. It's crazy.

But whatever, I don't care what he spends! It's kina nice seeing him not having to scrimp and save and have to find bargains a lot of the time

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Liverpool fan friend thinks they’re getting another big signing this week. Fekir I suppose

I don’t really see City improving with Mahrez. I mean they spanked the league so not like they need to. Does feel like they lack the experience to win the CL still, don’t know if you can buy that.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Barcelona want Eriksen. Even though it's looks as though Griezmann will stay at Atleti, surprised they'd go for him as an alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom