• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka66

I Tend to watch a lot of Italian football and I have watched Torreira a few times this season. I have always been impressed by the way he plays, he may be small but what he lacks in height he makes up for which he's aggression and tactical awareness. I surely would be over the moon if we was able to get him, although I feel that Napoli will most likely get him instead.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can't wait to see what's this guy is like this summer for Uruguay. Hope he starts.
Surely he'd start. Serie A fans saying he was one of the top performers in the league this season and probably the best CM with SMS

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Here I was thinking a DM might be asked to win an header from time to time, and being 5 inches shorter than average may be a disadvantage.
our giant Greek defenders will come up for corners and our midget DM can be on stand by to nip in to bury the rebound

Hinderz

Didn't do Gattuso any harm, or Kante, or Makelele, or Mascherano, or Nobby Stiles...
You have named some fairly expectional talent there. If Torreira is the next Kante or Makelele I’m sure it’s not an issue, but if he’s not 5’5 1/2 is exceptionally short even compared to guys like Mascherano

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You have named some fairly expectional talent there. If Torreira is the next Kante or Makelele I’m sure it’s not an issue, but if he’s not 5’5 1/2 is exceptionally short even compared to guys like Mascherano

His height isn't an issue. Teams won't play long balls into the middle of midfield. He is actually taller than Veratti also. If Emery wants to play a possession based game then Torreira would be a perfect partner Xhaka. It would be a very similar dynamic to Alonso and Mascherano.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
If we are up against Napoli for him we should be alright, Napoli is a pointless destination while Juve are still strong and I'm sure we would offer more in wages.

I do imagine South American's see Serie A a bit more attractive and different to how we see it though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we are up against Napoli for him we should be alright, Napoli is a pointless destination while Juve are still strong and I'm sure we would offer more in wages.

I do imagine South American's see Serie A a bit more attractive and different to how we see it though.

To be fair they beat us to Higuain haha.

Wouldn't say Napoli are pointless. Not winning the title last season when they had in in their control with four games left was awful for them , particularly with Sarri leaving and four/five of their regulars in their 30s. Ancelotti is a good appointment for them though, and if they keep most of their players and make a few good signings they might look like a better option for the next few seasons for anyone considering a move this summer compared to us.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This guy is the FM 2018 "player with insane attributes barely anyone has heard of". That's about all I know.

His stats are quite impressive for a 22 year old midfielder. Impressive amount of tackles and interceptions for a guy his size, considering his good passing stats as well.

6gunner

The great thing about this guy is we have no one like him which means he would help balance our midfield and give the "head coach" more options for setting us up to play against different opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom