• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2017/18

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I heard that Marco Rose and Ralf Rangnick don't exactly get on, although I can't find any basis to the rumour! But I get the feeling he's going to stay in Salzburg? I hope they swerve Roger Schmidt. I'd actually love to see Hannes Wolfe back in the Buli this quickly. He's a very good coach, just needs the right team I guess!

Would be interesting to see Wolf again in the Bundesliga at a club with more technical players who presumably better fit his idea of football than the Stuttgart squad. Although I still hold the opinion there was more to his failure at VfB than a lack of fitting players; he basically failed to get his ideas across over one and a half seasons and developed tunnel vision. He was either lacking experience or he's just not cut out to be a top level first team manager. There was a lot of neat talk and footballing knowledge, but not enough output. Kinda like Korkut was described when he joined us - and look how he's pushed on. But still, Wolf's next job is make or break for him, if he again fails to implement a clear tactical construct as well as showing at least some adaptability, his top level career is over.

I read that somewhere, too, about Rangnick and Rose, as well as Rose being quite settled at Salzburg and enjoying not being in the limelight as much in Austria as he'd be in the Bundesliga.

Roger Schmidt is basically the same manager Ralph Hasenhüttl is. Both swayed the league with fast, pressing based transitioal football, but failed to give their teams the necessary tools when in possession as the clear favourite, or the defensive stability Klopp had at Dortmund with Hummels/Subotic.

Maybe they'll go for a bit of hoofball with Stöger?:lol:

I'd bet on Wolf or Schmidt right now, with both being risky options, as one is still fairly untested and the other the same guy as the one they just fired.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
yeah the only reason I wouldn't want Schmidt there is cos I'd love to see them give a younger coach a chance! I don't have anything against him so much, but things did sort of fall apart at the end for him in Leverkusen, but that doesn't make him a bad coach. I see him far more into the pressing game than Hasenhüttl to be honest, whereas yes he played the style, he could be really pragmatic to a quite frustrating degree at times too! Whereas I think Schmidt would not be so pragmatic. So maybe it would be quite interesting to see.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
yeah the only reason I wouldn't want Schmidt there is cos I'd love to see them give a younger coach a chance! I don't have anything against him so much, but things did sort of fall apart at the end for him in Leverkusen, but that doesn't make him a bad coach. I see him far more into the pressing game than Hasenhüttl to be honest, whereas yes he played the style, he could be really pragmatic to a quite frustrating degree at times too! Whereas I think Schmidt would not be so pragmatic. So maybe it would be quite interesting to see.

Are Dortmund fans pumped up for Favre? You've been on a bit of a rocky road recently, is there a general feeling that this is the start of something good?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think with Favre Dortmund have an exceptional manager. Could be a very interesting team if Favre gets the best out of Philipp, Dahoud, Weigl and Bürki as well as them reshuffling the squad a bit.

Linked to Zakaria, Ziyech, Elyounoussi, Pléa, Diallo, Uduokhai, etc.

Borussin

Are Dortmund fans pumped up for Favre? You've been on a bit of a rocky road recently, is there a general feeling that this is the start of something good?

Of what I have read so far, I think it's generally a very positive feeling. That we now have a good coach with very clear ideas, who will put in a system that can work for the team.

There's never a guarantee of course, but this feels far better a fit for Dortmund than the previous 3 coaches, whereas Tuchel is clearly a good coach it became apparent even within his firt season that he never seemed the right fit.

Quietly optimistic I think is the way to say it. I am happy to see him, it's been a rather tumultuous 2 seasons with everything that has gone on. So hopefully now it will settle a bit, cos we really do need to settle down as a team, rather than be headline news for the wrong reasons a lot of the time.

Still some serious work to be done with the squad though. That'll be the next interesting stage.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Of what I have read so far, I think it's generally a very positive feeling. That we now have a good coach with very clear ideas, who will put in a system that can work for the team.

There's never a guarantee of course, but this feels far better a fit for Dortmund than the previous 3 coaches, whereas Tuchel is clearly a good coach it became apparent even within his firt season that he never seemed the right fit.

Quietly optimistic I think is the way to say it. I am happy to see him, it's been a rather tumultuous 2 seasons with everything that has gone on. So hopefully now it will settle a bit, cos we really do need to settle down as a team, rather than be headline news for the wrong reasons a lot of the time.

Still some serious work to be done with the squad though. That'll be the next interesting stage.

Sounds similar to us in many ways haha.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
So many differences about Delaney to Dortmund.

Reliable sources talking about interest from Dortmund, but they will not meet the asking price.
At the same time some dubious sources says, that Dortmund will pay the price and the deal will be announce on Friday.

Borussin

Looks like the fee is around 27 m euros with add-ons for Delaney.

Dortmund need to start dumping midfielders this summer. Somehow Castro and Rode need selling (or giving away more like), Sahin too, but Aki will never let him go. And moving a bit further forward, I'd be happy to see the back of Goetze and Schürrle as well. But I won't hold my breath! Our squad is BLOATED!

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Looking forward to watching Fortuna Düsseldorf in the Bundesliga next season. They have one of the most beautiful stadiums in the Bundesliga in Esprit Arena as well.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Looks like the fee is around 27 m euros with add-ons for Delaney.

Dortmund need to start dumping midfielders this summer. Somehow Castro and Rode need selling (or giving away more like), Sahin too, but Aki will never let him go. And moving a bit further forward, I'd be happy to see the back of Goetze and Schürrle as well. But I won't hold my breath! Our squad is BLOATED!
With Dortmund’s injury history, you guys need a bloated squad.

Also Nürnberg coming back to the BL means the renewal of an old fierce Bavarian Derby between them and Bayern.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Already one year announced before it will happen.
Nagelsmann will leave Hoffenheim next year due to his release clause - probably he will join RB Leipzig.

Borussin

such an odd move, and to decide now? I don't get why he'd do that. IF he's done that, it may just be Kicker jumping the gun.

At least wait to see how Kovac and Favre do this season....

BUT if he does go to RBL ahead of Bayern, I'm ok with that too :lol:

Top Bottom