• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Nate91

Fabinho is done deal I'm afraid, with van dijk lovren at back and fabinho and keita in front of them, lpool is 2nd favourite for title, united and tham battle for 3rd at least for now

ChefMan21

What about a cheeky bid for Vidal? If nothing else it will bump up his value for other clubs chasing.

With Kos and Per out/gone, I'd like the leadership TBH.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
What about a cheeky bid for Vidal? If nothing else it will bump up his value for other clubs chasing.

With Kos and Per out/gone, I'd like the leadership TBH.

I'd certainly take him even despite his injury problems this season. Up untill Milinkovic- Savic arrived on scene Vidal had been the best box to box player in the world in recent years.

SpookyDukey

Kinda come round to the realisation we won’t be spending big or matching some of our rivals. On that basis I think if we genuinely only have 70 mill to spend. I’d take Rico/Fabianski (neither world beaters but both reliable and a certain upgrade). I’d like to see us pick up Lascelles as the 30m Newcastle have slapped on him is nothing for his ability and potential, couple that with being a natural leader (which we crave) and also premiership proven. Also take Evans as he’s decent, again not a world beater but can certainly do a job and would sure us up. I’d also like to see us take Shaqiri, again not a world beater but would add some metal and a bit of toughness to our core. While those aren’t the signings dreams are made of I’m confident they’d all improve us and all play their hearts out which at the moment I’d be glad to see.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm happy to go bargain bin, with one major signing.

So Evans, Sokratis, Leichensteiner, Golovin and Pavon for less than 50m and offset with sales. Then we buy either 2 50m (LaFont, Seri, Pulisic, Kondogbia, Torreira, Bailey) players or a singular HUGE SIGNING ala Dembele, Oblsk, Savecevic.

Jae

I'd take Fabianski from Swansea to be honest, he's been tremendous the past few seasons. Last season he has the 3rd highest shots saved percentage and he made 0 errors leading to goals (which is more than what you can say for Cech). He'll be cheap and he already knows the club.

Sell Ospina and demote Cech to backup.

Divided_Pie

Out:
Wilshere (contract up)
Cazorla (contract up)
Mertesacker (contract up)
Campbell (contract up)
Koscielny (retire)
Ramsey - £50m
Xhaka - £30m
Chambers - £20m
Mustafi - £20m
Perez - £10m
Ospina - £5m
Akpom - £2m
Total Outgoing: £137m

In:
Allison - £50m
Sokratis - £15m
Söyüncü - £30m
Evans - £3m
Torreria - £30m
Rabiot - £35m
Milinkovic-Savic - £100m
Adli (free)
Total Incoming: £263m

Net Spend: £126m

First 11:

---------------------- Allison ------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Bellerin --- Sokratis --- Söyüncü --- Monreal
--------------------- Torreria -----------------------
------ Rabiot ------------- Milinkovic-Savic ---
------------------------ Özil ---------------------------
--------- Lacazette ----------- Aubameyang --------

Bench:
Cech
Evans
Maitlin-Niles
Elneny
Mkhitarian
Iwobi
Welbeck

Squad:
Macey
Holding
Mavropanos
Kolasinac
Willock
Adli
Nelson
Nketiah

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
---------------------------Oblak---------------------
Litchtsteiner- Sokratis- Söyüncü -Kola
------------------------Swiss Pirlo-------------------
----------Mkhitaryan--------- Wilshere--------
----------------------------- Özil ----------------------
--------------Lacazette --------- PEA ------------

It's looking like Sokratis & Litchtsteiner are done deals which I am over the moon with as they're upgrades on first team positions.

I haven't seen Soyuncu play but he is heavily linked to us and from what I've read he's a pacey ball playing CB which will compliment Sokratis as cb partnership. Maguire would have been my peffered choice though.

I would then love for us to go all out on Oblak, signing one of the top 3 keepers in world as our marque signing.

Crocrodile

---------------------------Oblak---------------------
Litchtsteiner- Sokratis- Söyüncü -Kola
------------------------Swiss Pirlo-------------------
----------Mkhitaryan--------- Wilshere--------
----------------------------- Özil ----------------------
--------------Lacazette --------- PEA ------------

It's looking like Sokratis & Litchtsteiner are done deals which I am over the moon with as they're upgrades on first team positions.

I haven't seen Soyuncu play but he is heavily linked to us and from what I've read he's a pacey ball playing CB which will compliment Sokratis as cb partnership. Maguire would have been my peffered choice though.

I would then love for us to go all out on Oblak, signing one of the top 3 keepers in world as our marque signing.

That midfield is Swiss cheese.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we need to trust in the youth and our manager. I wouldnt spend much in trying to get back in the top four, I think we can coach our way in and buy wisely for the future. The majority of our squad is ready to contribute now.

Gk: Cech is first choice but this should be his last year. We should be bringing in a young keeper to blood in the Europa League and cup matches to take over from Cech. We should be looking at the next Oblak.

Rb: Bellerin, Lichtsteiner. We should be sorted for one year and hopefully Osei Tutu will be ready in a year or two.

CB: This is an area we need to sell to be honest. Sokratis is first choice with Mavropanos as his back up. Mustafi will partner him and I think Soyuncu will come in to compete with him. That leaves Holding or Chambers as the 5th centre back and we may be better off cashing in on one of them.

Lb: Monreal, Kolasinac. Sorted here for one more year. No youth coming though here unfortunately so we will have to buy next summer.

Now midfield is really interesting. There is a lot of talk regarding Emery's preference for a 4231 but I think he will go 4 3 3. After reading his interview I think he wants to control the game and press and I think he will do that with a DLP.

When you consider that we have Xhaka who is pretty durable, and Elneny who could drop into that role if we needed with Sheaf coming through we don't need to purchase a DLP. The other two box to box roles are the important ones as Emery likes to rotate.

AMN, Elneny, De Jong.
Ramsey, Iwobi, Adli.

Judging from Emery playing Nkunku, Rabiot and Lo Celso. He likes youth and he likes energy. Many people think we will buy big here but I don't think we will. I think our budget will go on a goalkeeper and a young centre back. However, I would invest in De Jong as I think he has a really high ceiling and could potentially be either a DLP or a number 8.

The forward line is an extreme age contrast. I think we need to ship a forward to make way for youth. At PSG Emery was forced to play Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar. I don't think that is his preferred combination in a front 3.

I think it comes down to who he wants to lead the line and I think he will choose Lacazette. Auba will play on the left and Mkhi on the right. I think we may have surprise with Özil. I think it will be a choice between Mkhi and Özil with Mkhi getting the nod due to his directness and dribbling.

Lacazette - Nketiah
Auba - Rene-Adelaide
Mkhi - Özil - Nelson

I'd sell Welbeck as if you want a runner and a presser with physical presence, Jef can easily do that with much more skill.

Is it a Championship winning squad? NO. Can it get into the top four with good rotation and coaching. Definitely. We can't get envious about young talents and Liverpool selling Coutinho, and yet not be prepared to give our young players a chance.

GK: Cech, NEW GK, Macey
Rb: Bellerin, Lichtsteiner.
Lb: Monreal, Kolasinsac.
CB: Sokratis, Mavropanos
CB: Mustafi, Soyuncu, Holding.
DLP: Xhaka, De Jong, Sheaf.
CM: AMN, Elneny
CM: Ramsey, Iwobi, Adli
LM: Auba, Rene-Adelaide
RM: Mkhi, Özil, Nelson
CF: Lacazette, Nketiah

In: New Gk 20mil, Soyuncu 30mil, Sokratis 16 mil, Lichtsteiner, De Jong 15 mil. 81 mil total.

Out: Chambers 20 mil, Ospina 3 mil, Campbell, Jenkinson, Perez 12 mil, Welbeck 20 mil, Wilshere. 55 mil.

26 million net spend.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Seeing the Torreira thread locked had me thinking he'd signed for Napoli but turns it was just an Italian journo claiming we're not interested in him.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
In:

Ndidi
Diallo
Evans
Martial
Dembele
Lichtsteiner
Torreira

Out:

Elneny
Holding (loan)
Welbeck
Perez
Jenkinson
Mustafi
Martinez
Iwobi

Squad:

Forwards:

Aubameyang (1)
Lacazette (2)
Martial (3)
Dembele (4)
Mkhitaryan (5)
Özil (6)
Iwobi (7)
Nketiah
Nelson

Midfielders:

Xhaka (8)
Willock
Maitland-Niles (9)
Wilshere (10)
Ramsey (11)
Ndidi (12)
Torreira (13)

Defenders:

Bellerin (14)
Lichtsteiner (15)
Koscielny (16)
Evans (17)
Diallo (18)
Mavropanos (19)
Chambers (20)
Monreal (21)
Kolasinac (22)

Goalkeepers:

Cech (23)
Ospina (24)
Macey (25)

Willock, Nketiah, and Nelson don't have to be registered.

Midfield seems thin in areas, but Willock can play and so can Özil, Mikhitaryan, and Iwobi if need be.

Sounds crazy, but I'm willing to take a chance on the goalkeeping again this year if we can better the backline and defensive midfield, especially if there isn't anything of quality available in the goalkeeping market.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think we need a GK for the next 10 years. If we're not going for Allison or Oblak then we should get Donnarumma or Lafont. We need a someone with an aura between the sticks, someone who is fit to lace Seaman's boots. No more flappers or helmets required.

Poldma

I think we need a GK for the next 10 years. If we're not going for Allison or Oblak then we should get Donnarumma or Lafont. We need a someone with an aura between the sticks, someone who is fit to lace Seaman's boots. No more flappers or helmets required.
Did you see Donnarumma in the cup final vs Juve? That's some Karius esque flapping right there

TornadoTed

Established Member
433 / 442 Diamond

GK - Oblak, Macey, Martinez
DL - Monreal, Kolasinac
DC - Evans, Pavard, Chambers, Mavropanos
DR - Bellerin, Lichensteiner
DM - Nzonzi, AMN
MC - Ramsey, Torreira, Adli, Elneny
AMC - Özil, Mhki
SC - Auba, Lacazette, Welbeck, Nketiah

In,

Oblak £85
Evans £3
Pavard £45
Lichensteiner £0
Nzonzi £20
Torreira £25

Total - £178

Out,

Cech £5
Ospina £10
Holding £5
Mustafi £20
Xhaka £25
Wishere £0
Cazorla £0
Iwobi £15

Total - £80

Net spend £98

Bergkamp1988

The Dembélé thread is closed because of some shenanigans.

News in France. Griezmann said that "it will be done before the world cup".
Sounds mysterious but most likely insinuates he is moving to Barcelona.

Barcelona might actually loan Dembélé after all.

Top Bottom