• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy to think that Mesut Özil seems to be labeled a player who goes missing in the bigger games, not only because I don't think that's particularly true but because the same is true of almost every good footballer in the league yet they're not targeted with the same intensity. De Bruyne, Hazard, Pogba, Salah, Alexis, Kane all have disappeared in the big games. I've seen Özil steal the Show against Sp**s, Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Bayern and even Barca but the tag still hangs over his head, You Narratives and all. Alexis was worse for us in bigger games, but he got the shadow of the doubt because he "runs and works hard" Never mind that Mesut runs himself into the ground every game but because he is languid n doesn't buzz around like a headless chicken he gets ignored.

Just a minor Rant lol

HappyChap

Matter of fact tell me 1 big name player who shows up routinely in big games when the rest of the team ****s the bed.
I could tell you that for some periods, van Persie, Nasri and Arshavin drag us when all the players around them were just dire. It didn't last for long but these are examples of great players at Arsenal that were able to carry the team on their own and none of them was labeled world class like Özil was/is.

I could tell you that for some periods, van Persie, Nasri and Arshavin drag us when all the players around them were just dire. It didn't last for long but these are examples of great players at Arsenal that were able to carry the team on their own and none of them was labeled world class like Özil was/is.
RVP was clearly world class n won us games on his own him being a snake doesn't change that, Nasri was WC or at least borderline while Arshavin was also a very good player for us. I was questioning the validity of naming n shaming Özil for supposedly going missing in big games while ignoring the fact that other players don't effect big games nearly as much as they should, Harry Kane seems to only show up against us in the top for example.

HappyChap

teammates missing easy chances makes Özil reliant on other players? I guess
Creating chances against bottom half teams doesn't make him indispensable member of the team. His record against top teams is poor because he is reliant on others to make him look better. He can't dribble so he needs someone to do that, if we don't have runners he has no options for pass and that makes him useless in that situation. Even if we do have runners, his space will be limited in big games and he is not the guy who works well under pressure. I will not deny he is the best when given space and proper setup around him, but in big games that will not happen, and that's the part you missed from conversation.

Great, but De Bruyne scores goals, can dribble past players, plays high pressing...
Özil does score goals too maybe not as much as de Bruyne but still, he's also a pretty good dribbler and played a high press in Mourinho's Last season and didn't seem out of place, when we've had those rare games where we press well as a Unit and again hasn't faltered. Unless you're alluding to something different.

Mesut Özil created 30 less Chances than de Bruyne this season having played 12 fewer matches, make of that what you will.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He plays really well on the international stage which means the players around him here need to be better
No it doesn’t, and I’ll leave you in no doubt why it doesn’t:

He’s had many games for Arsenal last season that makes his performance tonight look like a 3/10.

Özil dispelled that myth last season. It’s dead.

It can’t be ‘magnificent Mesut’ when it goes well and ‘his teammates are sh1t’ when it doesn’t.

Arsenio Venger

No it doesn’t, and I’ll leave you in no doubt why it doesn’t:

He’s had many games for Arsenal last season that makes his performance tonight look like a 3/10.

Özil dispelled that myth last season. It’s dead.

It can’t be ‘magnificent Mesut’ when it goes well and ‘his teammates are sh1t’ when it doesn’t.

Considering he’s around tops in the league in creating chances but we don’t always score a lot yet Germany wins, think kills your point

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Özil 64 goals and assists contributions in 90 appearances for Germany.

Impressive stat.
There is a reason why he wins Germany's player of the year nearly every year. The fact that some people don't appreciate his footballing style and elegance is their problem not his.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Considering he’s around tops in the league in creating chances but we don’t always score a lot yet Germany wins, think kills your point
Well you've just crushed whatever point you were trying to make, because we do actually score enough! 74 goals last season... And when you bear in mind Özil assisted only 8 times, who are we going to point a finger at, if we're going to point a finger anywhere at all? Can't believe I'm bothering to entertain this tbh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom