• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jan Oblak

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd be okay with our only signings this window being Oblak, Sokratis and Lichtsteiner.

Would rather one world class player + couple of opportunistic buys than more players of the latter category.

Still, it's a rather unlikely scenario, but it would be marvellous to have a goalkeeper we could use as a basis for our defence overhaul.
That window would be more than decent as long as we secured both Ramsey and Wilshere.

nick gould

That window would be more than decent as long as we secured both Ramsey and Wilshere.
How desperate do we need them both as a pair. I think it’s proven that it’s either one or the other. A bit like lampard and stevie G. Ramsey and Wilshere in a midfield three is not balanced. Not creative enough in terms of incisive passes, not mobile enough either.

Wilshere1010

I'd be okay with our only signings this window being Oblak, Sokratis and Lichtsteiner.

Would rather one world class player + couple of opportunistic buys than more players of the latter category.

Still, it's a rather unlikely scenario, but it would be marvellous to have a goalkeeper we could use as a basis for our defence overhaul.
Who partners Sokratis? Can't deal with Mustafi for another season. Just can't do it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Spending 80m on a keeper when the defense & midfield are dire makes no sense. Just sign a decent young keeper to compete with Cech from day one.

Oblak is a very good keeper but De Gea just on another level. A 80m price tag, our defence & unrealistic expectations would kill him here.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
It seems we have already sorted one of our two problem positions in RB with Litchtsteiner joining. If this season marque signing is an an needed upgrade on the other problem position in bringing in one of the top three keepers in the world it would be exactly what we need.

Wilshere1010

It seems we have already sorted one of our two problem positions in RB with Litchtsteiner joining. If this season marque signing is an an needed upgrade on the other problem position in bringing in one of the top three keepers in the world it would be exactly what we need.
You don't think CB is a problem position?

Stannis

Let it go folks

More chances of Dembélé happening than this I’m actually beginning to suspect we won’t sign a goal keeper. That or Leno is our only target and we have wait till after the WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom