• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Maybe he felt the chances of being starter here is higher than at Manutd plus his old friends Auba Mkhi with us and would help to settle at Man utd he'll be forced to watch lingard and Pogba do handshakes and greeks people have no time for this.

Plus he might have talked to his old friend Micki about Mourinho and wanted no part of it. That, plus Sven was the one who brought him to Dortmund in the first place.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

United heavily linked with Alderweireld while I'm sure Bailly will be starting games again next season.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

So do people genuinely believe Sokratis flat out rejected United for us?

Quite possibly. The respect shown to United in this country is ridiculous. Yes, they have money but City have more. They have a very average squad and a defensive manager.

Sir Alex Ferguson was the anomaly. United are just the club he managed.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sokratis would have been the best CB at Utd and as he will be with us .

I’m happy he’s signing for us. I just think that is what’s happened.

Undoubtedly an upgrade for ha

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I believe he will be a great signing, he is a tough leader and thats what we need. I expect Emery will get the best out of him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
United heavily linked with Alderweireld while I'm sure Bailly will be starting games again next season.
Bailly + Alderwerield would be a sensational partnership. Has pace, positional awareness and the right amount of aggression

Mou would find a way to **** it up though like randomly picking on one, dropping him, and then publically insulting him

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Very underwhelmed by this. Dortmund should have haggled for 50 million euros and kept the average fecker there, like clubs usually do with us.

Dammit

X player rejects United for Arsenal is the **** I want to inject straight into my veins.

Sorry, but no way in hell would Sokratis reject United in favor of us if it was like for like opportunity.

United can offer more money, but won't guarantee him playing time. He'd be a squad filler for them. Also Champions League.

We can offer him playing time and similar money. Obviously he'd choose us.

So he didn't reject United for us...more like that he wasn't good enough for United level...that's why he "choose us."

God I hope this isn't another Squillaci situation.
Well he did

So kraits rejected a squad place at Utd for starting place with us
Lol he would have started at United alongside Baily, Smalling, Jones, Lindilof or whatever his name is are all Meh. Arsenal can never win really, man United are also swimming in mediocrity it might not be a pool like us but it's a pretty sizeable puddle. It's quite telling that even thou they finished 2nd I'd only have DDG and possibly Alexis out of that squad, quit acting like they are levels above us.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lol he would have started at United alongside Baily, Smalling, Jones, Lindilof or whatever his name is are all Meh. Arsenal can never win really, man United are also swimming in mediocrity it might not be a pool like us but it's a pretty sizeable puddle. It's quite telling that even thou they finished 2nd I'd only have DDG and possibly Alexis out of that squad, quit acting like they are levels above us.

Lead with love

They finished 18 points ahead of us and I think those 18 points were down to defensive weaknesses.

United have better CB than us and we needed an upgrade. Bailly Alderweireld is pretty good. Sokratis would be back up to them I think

I’m glad we got him

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
"Wasn't good enough for United level"

Smalling, Jones.

Finished ahead of them 4 of the last 5 seasons.. have a superior manager and squad.

:lol::lol::lol:

So much this.
I respect City, Liverpool, maybe Chelsea, Tottenham having done better than us but ManU ?
They slowly get ahead of us after being rubbish and half the side we were since Ferguson.

Hell, they still play the worst football of any topside in europe after having spent **** load of money.
Respect of what ManU stands for in terms of history and old achievements? Yes.
Anything noteworthy since Ferguson left ? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom