• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have been saving money for 15 years, now its time to go wild and spend it . Or more simple that the old mustache puts a bit of his own in the club for a change and gets us back on track.
We got the money we spent 200M last 2 seasons

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
All these signings and Pool still won't win the league. They are trying to stick around in the Top 4..I'll give that.

ClubLevel

Quite demoralising seeing Liverpool splash money on quality players. Something our club should have been looking to do ourselves. We have had cash reserves too so should have invested that into the squad. Man City/United will also spend not to mention Chelsea/Sp**s. I know its early days but does feel like we are a million miles away from seriously competing.

LG10

Fekir is overrated, doesn't improve their starting 11. Great Firmino/Salah back up though.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only thing I'd say is if Fekir is the eventual replacement for Coutinho then it's a bit of a downgrade. Though perhaps Keita and Fekir combined is enough to replace what they lost in Coutinho.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Quite demoralising seeing Liverpool splash money on quality players. Something our club should have been looking to do ourselves. We have had cash reserves too so should have invested that into the squad. Man City/United will also spend not to mention Chelsea/Sp**s. I know its early days but does feel like we are a million miles away from seriously competing.

We’ve spent 200m in 2 years bro. We are a million miles away, we aren’t meant to be competing yet. First step is to get back into the top 4 so we’re signing players who can help us achieve that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also the more money Liverpool spend surely means we can't just say that top 4 is acceptable, they're now closer to the spending of Manchester clubs and with their attack they surely have to at least put together some sort of challenge for the title.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also the more money Liverpool spend surely means we can't just say that top 4 is acceptable, they're now closer to the spending of Manchester clubs and with their attack they surely have to at least put together some sort of challenge for the title.
At least we can Klopp fraud if he failed to win trophy next year

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Liverpool are now adding the finishing touches to their rebuild which began under Klopp, he hardly spent a penny getting to this point and can now afford to splash and complete his perfect squad.

Emery is at the start of his rebuild with us. Don’t be surprised if it takes him 2/3 years to get HIS team together.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Looks like this one is gonna happen too. Wonder if it's just another addition or if there's maybe substance to the Mane to Madrid rumour.

Firmino
Mane Fekir Salah
Keita Fabinho
That's pretty frightening.
What a goddamn team on paper.

Similar revenues to us but that’s what happens when a talent shines and you sell them for big money. Lovely cash injection which they’ve apparently spent very well.

We only have ourselves to blame reslly.

We only have ourselves to blame reslly.

That's what happens when a bunch of new (TV) money comes into a market with perfectly inelastic supply. Player values increase, and the value of cash decreases. We were on the wrong side of that trend. If only Wenger had had a background in economics.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Pls do not use this argument :lol:

Salah
Aubameyang

Two names that instantly spring to mind when someone says something like that. Nobody knows which clubs wants these players behind closed doors.
Aubameyang was older and seemed to be holding out for a move to La Liga for a long time. Don’t really get the Salah one and besides very few would have predicted him to have the season he just had.

Fekir has been hyped up for a long time, I’m just wondering why other top European teams aren’t in for him.

whatsapp

1yX-4SZ-khgsclSyj-WoMkQDHdMz8a1lvX8OwbV5P0s.jpg

Liverpool aren't spending much bigger than any other year net spend wise...they've always been selling well but haven't had the right managers. Made loads of dosh selling Torres, Sterling, Suarez and now Coutinho for silly money over the years but all under trash like Hodgson/Daglish/Rodgers.

Klopp has the Coutinho money on smash and didn't they get like 60-70M just for reaching the CL final? Either way playing football manager with funds after selling a superstar was bound to happen sooner or later...they just needed a football manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom