• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
@Taylor Gang Gunners

A not so comprehensive post of Xhaka errors

Xhaka loses ball against Everton, Rooney scores

More stupid Xhaka, but still funny enough, so I decided, why not?

Xhaka loses ball, Stoke scores.

Xhaka refuses to mark Cleverley in the Cajones game

Xhaka points, instead of marking his man Vardy.

This is, btw, not even half of it, just a quick search. Haven't even included the horror performances in his first season
Thank you
People are so quick to forget. If this was coquelin then they’d absolutely thrash him but because he can make some cool diagonal passes while under no pressure he’s hailed as the second coming of Xabi Alonso ffs

CanadianGooner1608

Torreira looks a class transfer from what I've seen of him (admittedly not much).
Anyone here followed him at Sampdoria and can give us their assessment on him?

More importantly, do you guys think he'll be able to adapt to the PL?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Great, let's start with each of those.

He's a superb passer, I agree, but he's a superb passer when not under pressure. Press him and he absolutely craps himself, and has done so repeatedly here. Now you might argue, as @yousif_arsenal has that it's not his natural role. I agree, but no matter where in midfield he plays, he will be pressed, and often high up the pitch. Losing the ball there in the Premier League is almost a guaranteed goal. I'd say that even Elneny is better when pressed than Xhaka.

As for his shooting, his long distance goals are Hull and the League Cup game in a week, a lucky deflection against United, and a cracker against Liverpool where I'd blame Mignolet. He also got one against Milan, I believe, again a mistake by Donnarumma, rather than some amazing shot.

He loses the ball quite a lot, especially in dangerous areas. His passing has gotten stale recently, and I'll agree with you two that this is down to the system. However, he lacks pace, which is fatal in the Premier League. His passing when not pressed is brilliant, but he absolutely crumbles when pressed, and most teams nowadays are not afraid to press us. I can see him improve under Emery, indeed he can't get worse, but I still don't see him anywhere near Arsenal quality.

Ramsey is far better, Wilshere is probably on par or slightly better.

I'd keep him over someone like Welbeck, but in midfield, he's the weakest link we have for me, I'd rather have Elneny than him any game.

Xhaka actually had the 5th best possession score among all Premier League midfielders last season.

Screen_Shot_2018-06-12_at_7.07.33_PM.png

And to keep things on track, Torreira had the 2nd best defensive score among all Serie A midfielders. Should be a good pairing.

Screen_Shot_2018-06-12_at_7.12.01_PM.png

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira looks a class transfer from what I've seen of him (admittedly not much).
Anyone here followed him at Sampdoria and can give us their assessment on him?

More importantly, do you guys think he'll be able to adapt to the PL?
he like Kante a midfield who always like to win the ball tackle even if he is just about 1'70M his body strength is very good so yeah i'm pretty sure he'll fit in the PL.

Oooh to be

I'd keep Elneny because he's okay enough as a squad player, and probably on low wages, but yes, if Sporting players are available on a free, I see no season to keep Xhaka, who is too slow for this league, and not technically good enough to compensate.

Elneny, at least, has pace, imo, and enough awareness to stay in position and energy. That is something you'd want in a squad player, and with his low wages, I'd keep him. Xhaka though, nothing at all, you'd want. I wouldn't bring him on to defend a lead, I wouldn't bring him on to create.

I do like Elneny, but for me, he is the one standing in the way AMN. No doubt Elneny has the heart and energy to play in a Emry squad. He just does not have the potential of AMN, and that for me is worth getting rid of him. After the WC his value will be at its highest, it is now or never.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I do like Elneny, but for me, he is the one standing in the way AMN. No doubt Elneny has the heart and energy to play in a Emry squad. He just does not have the potential of AMN, and that for me is worth getting rid of him. After the WC his value will be at its highest, it is now or never.
Is AMN good enough to start now? He has a mistake in him, which Elneny doesn't, even if he's limited. As a squad player, I'd still keep him.

AMN has got more than enough minutes, as it is. Could see us playing him and Elneny in midfield in Europa group stage. I'd keep Elneny till January for that reason, AMN should have the chance in Europa to prove he's good enough.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Need more than one player as backup. If you let elnenny go, who else is there beyond AMN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom