• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira (Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If we get Torreira sorted and signed up.

Would you take that "feather-duster" Fellaini as depth since he's out of contract this summer?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wouldn’t be any need for Fellaini, just adds another non homegrown player and after Leno, Sokratis and Torreira we’d have the maximum amount anyway. Sell Ospina, bring in Soyuncu. Potentially sell Perez bring in a winger.

That’s all we can do after keeper, Sokratis and Torreira.

Oooh to be

Need more than one player as backup. If you let elnenny go, who else is there beyond AMN?

This is all in response to my original post, which states the central midfield that I would like to see next year would be

Ramsey
Torreira
Seri
W Carvalho (if true that he is free)
AMN

So loads of mids to fill in for Europa

Oooh to be

This is all in response to my original post, which states the central midfield that I would like to see next year would be

Ramsey
Torreira
Seri
AMN

Of course we need Elneny if we can’t get just one of these, but if we can, then Elneny would need to make way for AMN.

Kenyonhater

I'd keep Elneny because he's okay enough as a squad player, and probably on low wages, but yes, if Sporting players are available on a free, I see no season to keep Xhaka, who is too slow for this league, and not technically good enough to compensate.

Elneny, at least, has pace, imo, and enough awareness to stay in position and energy. That is something you'd want in a squad player, and with his low wages, I'd keep him. Xhaka though, nothing at all, you'd want. I wouldn't bring him on to defend a lead, I wouldn't bring him on to create.

We get it. You REALLY don't like Xhaka. But can you please stop clogging up what is a positive thread about an interesting and exciting potential new signing with your repeated negative views on a different player. It is not all about you and your opinions.

And by the way, I read that Xhaka was astonished by the lack of individual coaching and direction he has received at Arsenal as he was used to very close coaching and instruction at his previous Club. Emery is renowned for his attention to detail and close individual coaching of players. So just maybe give Granit a tiny bit of leeway and see whether he can improve under Unai and his staff's guidance? He is still only 25 years old. Cheers.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Ramsey
Torreira
Seri
AMN

I'll be amazed if we go for Seri having signed Torreira.

Big Willy on a free seems tempting but I'm not really sure how good he'd do over here. At least with el nenny you know you're getting a tried and tested prem player whenever he needs to slot in.

Realistically I think our midfield options are looking as such:

Ramsey
Xhaka
Torreira
El nenny
AMN
Iwobi
Wilshere if retained or a freebie such as Fellaini

carlito'sway

Established Member
Have never seen that dude in my life....Someone mentioned he is the new Kante, I just hope that he is worth the hype!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Who knows what lineup or formation Emery plans to play but the signing of Torreira and Emery's statements makes me think it could be similar to Liverpool's midfield in 2009 under Benitez of Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, and Mascherano.

Torreira as Mascherano, Xhaka as Xabi Alonso, and Ramsey as Gerrard. Torreira should be able to cover for Xhaka defensively, so those two will dominate the midfield. Ramsey can have a more free role in midfield, and focus a bit more on scoring goals.

The big question now is about Özil, but I think he could fill one of the front three attacking positions.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
So happy with this signing!!!! Wishlisted him and have praised him in the thread! Honestly thought Napoli would get him as if felt too good to be true but welcome Lucas!

People who are already picturing a hybrid Santi/Coq should stop as this will lead to disapointment. He has strengths that can be attributed to both yes, however he doesn't have Santis technique on the ball nor does he have the same tackling tenacity of Coq during that season. He is more like Verrati

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Who knows what lineup or formation Emery plans to play but the signing of Torreira and Emery's statements makes me think it could be similar to Liverpool's midfield in 2009 under Benitez of Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, and Mascherano.

Torreira as Mascherano, Xhaka as Xabi Alonso, and Ramsey as Gerrard. Torreira should be able to cover for Xhaka defensively, so those two will dominate the midfield. Ramsey can have a more free role in midfield, and focus a bit more on scoring goals.

The big question now is about Özil, but I think he could fill one of the front three attacking positions.

Gerrard played as a 2nd striker in that system .

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
To add, if we play a midfield 3

Torreira - Ramsey
Xhaka​

That is a really good midfield! Fully makes up for each others weaknesses.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
This is one of the most exciting transfer business we've made since the Cazorla deal I guess.

Don't get me wrong, Özil, Sanchez, Lacazette, Aubam, Mkhi were all great but they were already proven at the highest level. We've paid a premium fee to get them.

Torreira seems to be an exciting talent, who's highly rated, who is still very cheap in today's market, playing in a more modest club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom