• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
It's the coaching that needed changing at Arsenal. That said if Cech ****s up again he's done.

Love this mentality of not giving players second chances that we seem to be developing. This is Arsenal, not Sp**s.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It's the coaching that needed changing at Arsenal. That said if Cech ****s up again he's done.

Love this mentality of not giving players second chances that we seem to be developing. This is Arsenal, not Sp**s.

Cech is done anyway. Year as backup before a handshake and a wave goodbye.

tcahill

I've watched a couple of Leverkusen games, from what I've seen of Leno:
Can make high profile errors
Decent but not great distribution
Excellent in the air
Can make some real De Gea esque saves

Already is far better than Cech and Ospina, still young for a keeper, certainly better than anyone else we could get without spending 40+ million.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Excellent in the air

Already is far better than Cech and Ospina, still young for a keeper, certainly better than anyone else we could get without spending 40+ million.

His age is a huge plus point. Should easily have 10+ years left in him and has solid experience already with plenty of room for improvement.

Aevi

Hale End FC

It's easy to criticize mistakes but ugh... the reputation of Emery's goalkeeping coach gives me some hope at least. Leno definitely has potential, but he'll have to keep developing here if he is to be the quality we need.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Honestly pictured him at Arsenal for a long time, welcomed signing. Though he won't fill in the gap that Szscesny left, I really believe he will prove why he was touted to be the German number 1 until his injury and Ter Stegen happened.

leo9903

252747_1.jpg

That beard isn't strong. That's barely puberty. :lol:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Excellent in the air

If we go big on one more player, I am kinda fine with it. But if he's our last deal, that's meh.

As you said, he's still quite young but there's been no development for a long time - but that's also the problem because he occupies a spot where we eventually want to have a wc-player again.

Very risky signing who won't be thrown out within a year or two, if he performs ****ty.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

It's easy to criticize mistakes but ugh... the reputation of Emery's goalkeeping coach gives me some hope at least. Leno definitely has potential, but he'll have to keep developing here if he is to be the quality we need.

'IF' I remember correctly I watched this game and this was mistake 1 of 2 which resulted in goals..

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Goalkeepers will make mistakes and because of their position are more likely to be punished for it. Unsurprisingly of the top 6 clubs only De Gea and Courtois made 0 mistakes in the league. Teams that rarely take chances anywhere.

If you accept a keeper will make mistakes then it comes down to the type of mistakes they make. I like to think a lot of mistakes Cech made are down to him being asked to play a way that isn't him. Get a keeper that can play the way we want and instantly you reduce the mistakes. Leno may or may not be world class but if he fits us then we should see an instant improvement.

Also something that is potentially important. The way teams play in the league is changing. More teams are playing it on the deck and so the challenges that were there for Sczesney and other young keepers are different. Not as much Moyes, Sam, Pulis into the mixer style football to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom