• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Wenger would be talking about a quiet market and things start to happen in the last two weeks of the window.
A structure like this and the club being willing to spend would have significantly helped Wenger. Don't act as if he was against the development of our club.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
A structure like this and the club being willing to spend would have significantly helped Wenger. Don't act as if he was against the development of our club.

But Wenger was always against a director of football and such hence why he hindered the development of the club.

Don’t you remember when he said does a director of football direct traffic :lol:

Was literally his own downfall.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Sven and a new negotiation team, aka Raul and Fahmy, two years earlier at the club and Wenger would still be in charge. I don't think this has too much to do with Wenger, but Gazidis being a **** CEO. The club was as much his responsibility as Arsène's. Gazidis is a coward and a lurker. Would he have done his job instead of cowering in the comfy shadows of Wenger instead of waiting for a light to finally shine on him, the club would now be better off.

Toby

But Wenger was always against a director of football and such hence why he hindered the development of the club.

Don’t you remember when he said does a director of football direct traffic :lol:

Was literally his own downfall.

That was fcking tongue in cheek. He's worked with Dein and contrary to most twa*ter idiots actual reports said he was appreciating Mislintats work.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yep Ivan waited for **** to hit the fan to start doing his job despite being at the club for 10 years. Was hiding in a hole peeking out like a fvcking Diglett until the fan unrest became unbearable and Wenger lost his touch with reality. Now he finally evolved into Dugtrio lol

I mean credit where it's due it seems to go in the right direction now but it's not Wenger's fault we were acting autistic in the market. Better late than never tho.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Sven and a new negotiation team, aka Raul and Fahmy, two years earlier at the club and Wenger would still be in charge. I don't think this has too much to do with Wenger, but Gazidis being a **** CEO. The club was as much his responsibility as Arséne's. Gazidis is a coward and a lurker. Would he have done his job instead of cowering in the comfy shadows of Wenger instead of waiting for a light to finally shine on him, the club would now be better off.

Arsène was a crutch they leaned on to keep them in the top 4 for years after they reasonably should have dropped out due to financial constraints. He took most of the heat for them. Once they dropped out of the top 4 -- and saw rivals moving forward -- they realized they had to make changes in the club's structure. To their credit, they seem to have some good people in place and didn't screw up the hiring of the new coach. But they could have done a much better job of supporting Wenger both in terms of the scouting and negotiation teams, as well as financially. Arsène wasn't perfect, of course, and might have done some things differently, but the club would never have fallen to 6th place had they been proactive much sooner.

Don't really know why Gazidis is getting praise. Our strategy this summer is throwing a bunch of lowball offers around Europe and hoping someone will bite. We are literally signing the cheapest opinions we can get away with instead of identifying targets and then go out and sign them.

Toby

Don't really know why Gazidis is getting praise. Our strategy this summer is throwing a bunch of lowball offers around Europe and hoping someone will bite. We are literally signing the cheapest opinions we can get away with instead of identifying targets and then go out and sign them.

Super mega BS. Torreira is a 50m player with a 22 clause, Sokratis a 30m CB let go by his current club. I could go on. The club is identifying positions that need strengthening and getting them on reasonable fees. I could go on. This summer has a clear strategy behind it. Not bothering to get into it deeper if you can't see it by yourself.

Still doesnt takt blame of Gazidis for not starting to do his job years ago.

Super mega BS. Torreira is a 50m player with a 22 clause, Sokratis a 30m CB let go by his current club. I could go on. The club is identifying positions that need strengthening and getting them on reasonable fees. I could go on. This summer has a clear strategy behind it. Not bothering to get into it deeper if you can't see it by yourself.

Still doesnt takt blame of Gazidis for not starting to do his job years ago.

The over valuation is real!

Glad we are signing all those 100 M players on the cheap!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

He over exaggerated a little but to say we’re throwing around lowball offers to sign the cheapest options is just so silly.

Again, I’m not sure what you expect? Do you expect us to go activate Oblak’s £80M release clause instead of buying Leno? Cos Oblak wouldn’t even join us.

Do you expect us to go bid £100M for Milinkovic savic? Again he wouldn’t join us without CL football.

Do you want us to go sign Jorginho over Torreira just because the price of Jorginho is higher? Stupid again.

How about we go sign Boateng for £40M over Sokratis for £16M and have a lovely injury prone centre back but it’s fine because he’s a big name.

You constantly go on and on in these threads, don’t get me wrong you’re entitled to your opinion. But not once have you suggested who you’d sign instead and not once have you been constructive with your short sighted criticisms. Be constructive or just don’t bother.

Toby

Would you be more happy if Torreira cost 50? Would it be a better signing just for the higher fee? Sampdoria ****ed themselves when they agreed to a 22 clause, not Arsenal when they use it. Kos wouldve been better if he cost 25 instead of 10? I could go on.

If you want 100m player signings go and support City and Fraudiola.

Would you be more happy if Torreira cost 50? Would it be a better signing just for the higher fee? Sampdoria ****ed themselves when they agreed to a 22 clause, not Arsenal when they use it. Kos wouldve been better if he cost 25 instead of 10? I could go on.

If you want 100m player signings go and support City and Fraudiola.

You're right. We are doing fantastic business. We are basically signing elite team on cheap! What a masterstroke this is gonna be! We signed 50-100 M players on 20 M.

Only Gazidis could have pulled that off!

Toby

He over exaggerated a little but to say we’re throwing around lowball offers to sign the cheapest options is just so silly.

giphy.gif

Toby

You're right. We are doing fantastic business. We are basically signing elite team on cheap! What a masterstroke this is gonna be! We signed 50-100 M players on 20 M.

Only Gazidis could have pulled that off!

Go find yourself a sheikh team

Btw you didn't answer my question. Would you be more happy with Torreira if he cost double the figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom