• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Just remembered that one game, Barca - Bayern, when Barca won the CL with MSN.

Barca run riot within the first 30 minutes and if it wasn't for Neuer they would've already led by 3/4:0. You know you got it right when Neymar, Messi and Suarez run at you and the whole stadium feels their fear and doubts when Neuer gets big in front of them.

Those 1on1's are just unique. He keeps standing forever.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We seem to share our opinion on Neuer. Freak of keeper. The Messi of goalkeepers.

Definitely. Haven't seen too many goalies of very old, but he's the best by a stretch I've seen, so mid late nineties to now. Peak performance he's untouchable by any other GK.

Did not follow Leno too extensively lately as one cannot look for everyone while having an actual life. Hence that's where I will trust and trusted your opinion since the thread opened.

Tbh, I'm not 100% he can do the same as ter Stegen at Barca as he's honestly looked like he hit his ceiling/completely stagnated in the last ~ two years - which is why I was against the transfer at first.

I just know talent wise they're on par - initially Leno was rated higher than ter Stegen even - Stegen has been just as dodgy as Leno in the BL, but he's been able to push on in new, challenging surroundings, just like Szczesny, a keeper I believe less talented than the two Germans. It is a bit of a gamble as there are keepers out there who are currently better and maybe available on similar fees, but if it pays off and Leno goes on to fulfill his potential, it will pay off massively.

Toby

You know you got it right when Neymar, Messi and Suarez run at you and the whole stadium feels their fear and doubts when Neuer gets big in front of them.

After Löw announced Neuer would be his certain no. 1 at the World Cup, despite his long abstinence, one of the guys who commented on the presser said something along "The choice was clear, especially for such a big tournament. At highest level, at a World Cup, it makes a difference who's in goal. And no matter how good ter Stegen was, he's no Neuer. If you're through on goal and go up against the first, you go up against a very good goalkeeper, if you go up against the latter, you go up against Manuel Neuer"

It's not even the same with De Gea and Oblak, who are certainly up there. But Neuer is probably the GOAT. And he just ****s you up if he has to.

ThFLM0v.gif

zZxn86o.gifv

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
It's not even the same with De Gea and Oblak, who are certainly up there. But Neuer is probably the GOAT. And he just ****s you up if he has to.

I’d much rather De Gea than Neuer.

And that’s no slight on Neuer, who’s class in his own right. But De Gea is is an absolute freak.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
After Löw announced Neuer would be his certain no. 1 at the World Cup, despite his long abstinence, one of the guys who commented on the presser said something along "The choice was clear, especially for such a big tournament. At highest level, at a World Cup, it makes a difference who's in goal. And no matter how good ter Stegen was, he's no Neuer. If you're through on goal and go up against the first, you go up against a very good goalkeeper, if you go up against the latter, you go up against Manuel Neuer"

ThFLM0v.gif

zZxn86o.gifv

It annoys me that goalkeepers can get away with **** like that.

Toby

It annoys me that goalkeepers can get away with **** like that.

Tbh, I thought it was a clear red. Still of the same opinion today. Germany got f*cking lucky with that. But attaching the pic drives my point home of Neuer being no nonsense and forwards probably ****ting their pants, if you know the guy might two foot your face.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Yeah De Gea takes number 1 for me, not sure if it's because I watch PL more, but he makes saves that are out this world, like nearly every week. His highlight reels are astonishing.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Leverkusen fans say he's a good goalie, but in the last year or so he's been making too many mistakes.
Haven't seen him play in quite a while, so don't know what to make of this possible transfer.
On one hand he's taller than Ospina, so that's a relief, but if he's making just as many mistakes as Cech, what's the point?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

ThFLM0v.gif

zZxn86o.gifv
Neuer is the best complete goalkeeper I have ever seen.

Edit: I remember thinking he'd become one of the greatest when I first saw him play for Schalke. Just stood out that much, which says a lot for a goalkeeper.

Toby

Leverkusen fans say he's a good goalie, but in the last year or so he's been making too many mistakes.
Haven't seen him play in quite a while, so don't know what to make of this possible transfer.
On one hand he's taller than Ospina, so that's a relief, but if he's making just as many mistakes as Cech, what's the point?

The last sentence is overstatement. Leno does make mistakes, but in the realm of acceptable considering the whole context, which by now has been laid out time and again.

With Cech it's not even mistakes or lack of concentration any more, it's just being ****e. Slow as ****, reflexes gone, ****s up basics. Can't say that of Leno. Stupid mistakes? Yes. **** allround? No.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I’d much rather De Gea than Neuer.

And that’s no slight on Neuer, who’s class in his own right. But De Gea is is an absolute freak.
I understand it's your personal taste and opinion but to Manuel Neuer is comfortably the best GK of this generation. He is a freak in terms of GK ability i.e. all aspects and is easily the best sweeper keeper we have seen in recent times. His distribution is a lot better than De Gea i.e. pinpoint passing at his best. His ball control for a GK is also ridiculous which is considerably greater with his bravery. - i.e. he dares to do things most keepers would not.

Theres currently no better 1v1 keeper than Neuer at his best. There is so much about him that eclipses all other GKs it's not even funny.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I understand it's your personal taste and opinion but to Manuel Neuer is comfortably the best GK of this generation. He is a freak in terms of GK ability i.e. all aspects and is easily the best sweeper keeper we have seen in recent times. His distribution is a lot better than De Gea i.e. pinpoint passing at his best. His ball control for a GK is also ridiculous which is considerably greater with his bravery. - i.e. he dares to do things most keepers would not.

Theres currently no better 1v1 keeper than Neuer at his best. There is so much about him that eclipses all other GKs it's not even funny.

I dare to say, even though Ulreich had one hell of a season (except that one howler in Madrid) that Bayern would've gone straight to the final with Neuer.

He's just a big time player and does that extra bit over anyone else.
That being said, Bayern should've gone through anyways.

lucky7

De Gea is 5 years younger than Neuer and not coming off a year long injury. Easy choice from that perspective for me.

Neuer has been better but De Gea is on the way up and he will soon surpass him if he hadn't already. That's not to say I expect him to reach Neuers peak.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

People calling Oblak the best GK in the world need to behave.

That release clause of his and our tie against Atletico resulting in some crazy claims. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom