• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
ESPN sent me a notification that this was done. I came on here to see Orny confirm that it is not. Yet. Smh.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Guess its gif time then!

large.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.webp

macka66

Good signing feel like he is going to prove a lot of people wrong, Yes he has made a few errors but what keeper hasn't. Do people realistically feel that we would be able to attract a Oblak at this moment of time. Lets build on getting back into the Champions league and then go from there.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The more the merrier i say need to get rid of the weak mentality. Need new blood no matter what their level is.

lucky7

A M O R T I Z A T I O N U P D A T E

Transfer Costs (Durations estimated, values rounded to .5m)
Lichtensteiner = 0
Papa Sok = 16m/3 years - 5.5m
Torreira = 26m/5 years = 5m
Bernd Leno = 22m//5 years = 4.5m

Total Transfer Costs = 15m

Wage Costs (many estimated, values rounded to .5m)
Ramsey Wage Increase ~ 85k = 4.5m
Xhaka Wage Increase ~ 30k = 1.5m
El Neny Wage Increase ~20k = 1m
Lichtsteiner ~ 100k = 5m
Papa Sok ~ 135k = 7m
Torreira ~ 135k = 7m
Bernd Leno ~ 120k = 6m

Total Wage Costs = 32m

Estimated budget spent = 47m

Remaining Budget = 3m

There is a caveat here that is as follows:
No epl club can exceed their previous years wage bill by more than 7m (135k/week). We reduced our wage budget through 2017/18 by about 8m through various transfers and retirements at the end of the season (mertesacker, cazorla, campbell, perez). This means that we have to trim another 17m (320k) in wages by letting players go even though we are still under budget.

On the chopping block:
Wilshere 90k
Ospina 40k
Cech 100k
Mustafi 90k
Welbeck 70k

Some of these wont' go, it's just hard to add up the numbers and get 300k in a way that makes sense while keeping our top earners and extending Ramsey.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
A M O R T I Z A T I O N U P D A T E

Transfer Costs (Durations estimated, values rounded to .5m)
Lichtensteiner = 0
Papa Sok = 16m/3 years - 5.5m
Torreira = 26m/5 years = 5m
Bernd Leno = 22m//5 years = 4.5m

Total Transfer Costs = 15m

Wage Costs (many estimated, values rounded to .5m)
Ramsey Wage Increase ~ 85k = 4.5m
Xhaka Wage Increase ~ 30k = 1.5m
Lichtsteiner ~ 100k = 5m
Papa Sok ~ 135k = 7m
Torreira ~ 135k = 7m
Bernd Leno ~ 120k = 6m

Total Wage Costs = 31m

Estimated budget spent = 46m

Remaining Budget = 4m

There is a caveat here that is as follows:
No epl club can exceed their previous years wage bill by more than 7m (135k/week). We reduced our wage budget through 2017/18 by about 8m through various transfers and retirements at the end of the season (mertesacker, cazorla, campbell, perez). This means that we have to trim another 16m (300k) in wages by letting players go even though we are still under budget.

On the chopping block:
Wilshere 90k
Ospina 40k
Cech 100k
Mustafi 90k
El Neny 55k
Welbeck 70k

Some of these wont' go, it's just hard to add up the numbers and get 300k in a way that makes sense while keeping our top earners and extending Ramsey.

You're making an enormous assumption here: that Arsenal's budget is £50 million. Even many of the outlets that reported £50 million later reported that the budget had been increased to £70 million. In truth, we don't have any idea what the budget actually is and the club isn't going to tell us. It's all just speculation. Thus, I see no reason to worry about it. I'll just wait and see what happens.

lucky7

You're making an enormous assumption here: that Arsenal's budget is £50 million. Even many of the outlets that reported £50 million later reported that the budget had been increased to £70 million. In truth, we don't have any idea what the budget actually is and the club isn't going to tell us. It's all just speculation. Thus, I see no reason to worry about it. I'll just wait and see what happens.
It's still an update on the estimated outgoing costs and whether the budget is 50m or not we are still restricted by the wage rules of the BPL which is the real problem. We could have a 250m budget and we wouldn't be able to spend it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's still an update on the estimated outgoing costs and whether the budget is 50m or not we are still restricted by the wage rules of the BPL which is the real problem. We could have a 250m budget and we wouldn't be able to spend it.

Not sure you fully understand how the rule works?

You can use mostly everything except the TV money on the wage bill?

We could go and sell Lucas Perez for 10M and add that 10M to the wage bill if we wanted to. Really isn’t an issue at all. If it was an issue we wouldnt be offering new contracts left right and centre and we wouldn’t be looking at signing 5 players on 50k+ contracts.

Think about it.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Except it's not that simple because they can use commercial revenue for wages. That £10 million a year sleeve sponsorship deal they just signed can go directly to wages. These rules really don't have much effect on the high revenue clubs.

PL%20STCC%202016.jpg.opt882x767o0%2C0s882x767.jpg

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'll give you my reasons as too why I am excited about Leno.

1. It's not Cech.

2. He has made De Gea like saves before, some unreal ones.

3. He's still young.

4. 85 overall on Fifa with 88 potential, say no more.

5. There is actually a reason he has been rated so highly before. De Gea used to be awful,

6. He's not Cech.

7. So far we don't have a reason not to trust Sven and co, so I trust this one.

8. I could make a highlight video of loads of top keepers mistakes, they can be ironed out.

9. Fresh start should do everyone good,

10. AFC plug called this ages ago, so he's back in the mix.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'll give you my reasons as too why I am excited about Leno.

1. It's not Cech.

2. He has made De Gea like saves before, some unreal ones.

3. He's still young.

4. 85 overall on Fifa with 88 potential, say no more.

5. There is actually a reason he has been rated so highly before. De Gea used to be awful,

6. He's not Cech.

7. So far we don't have a reason not to trust Sven and co, so I trust this one.

8. I could make a highlight video of loads of top keepers mistakes, they can be ironed out.

9. Fresh start should do everyone good,

10. AFC plug called this ages ago, so he's back in the mix.
I don't believe any self respecting manager looks beyond this. Maybe Plugdate, but that's all.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not very :lol: Our Director of football sees something in him though .

He isn't a bad keeper, yes he's had a bad 18 months but he's still young and a change of setting will do him the world of good.

I was against it at first but if it means shipping Cech out who made 6 errors leading to goals last season then I'm all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom