• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Actually that is exactly what he did. he moved to the right half space to help kimmich and close the gap a bit that he left (and Khedira doing nothing about it). Draxler and Müller failed to cut inside more though, Werner got cut off.
You mean he that's exactly what he didn't do then. The manager moved him deeper after the subs but by that time the system was that disjointed it didn't work anyway, I don't think we can draw conclusions on his performance from that point. And even if we could, it doesn't change the fact that it was never his role in the first place and generally hasn't been for Arsenal.

HappyChap

This was a perfect example of what happens with his game against aggressive teams and we saw that multiple times against teams like Liverpool and City. On the other side there was this guy Herrera, not talented like Özil but still a good player, destroying German midfielders with all that energy and quality on the ball. Just shows you that you can kick Özil from German and Arsenal squad and get someone who can add that energy to the team, it's much more important than few key passes against lesser teams. I'm sure Özil had 2-3 nice touches this game to add to his fancy youtube compilations where he will look like a world class, and he will make a few key passes against Sweden so people could come here to prove a point with statistics.

TheArsenalis

This was a perfect example of what happens with his game against aggressive teams and we saw that multiple times against teams like Liverpool and City. On the other side there was this guy Herrera, not talented like Özil but still a good player, destroying German midfielders with all that energy and quality on the ball. Just shows you that you can kick Özil from German and Arsenal squad and get someone who can add that energy to the team, it's much more important than few key passes against lesser teams. I'm sure Özil had 2-3 nice touches this game to add to his fancy youtube compilations where he will look like a world class, and he will make a few key passes against Sweden so people could come here to prove a point with statistics.
all this is good but mexico wont win the world cup, and before you say you werent saying that. lemme just say anybody can be nullified, it wasnt a good game for him and the german side.

i can almost see it now, we lose to mancity on the opening day of the season and its all Özil fault.

when are people going to realise the term, you win some you lose some. pundit can do and say whatever they want, use whatever words they want to describe germanys performances and shape opinions but at the end of the day. its game lost, these things happens, on another that energetic guy could get worn down and made to look like a headless chicken.
i guess it a debate and thats football but honestly yall need to chill

HappyChap

honestly yall need to chill
I think people who come here when Özil makes few nice passes against trash teams need to chill, then the other camp will be off of this thread because there won't be this world class label on him anymore. I've said few years ago that Coutinho is much better player than Özil and I was the laughing stock just because many people here can't accept that Özil is not that elite player they want him to be. When people who praise Özil accept that he is good in certain type of games and nothing more, people who don't like him stop blaming him for every game we lost, and manager stops playing him in every game even when we all know he will get destroyed, then this could become quite enjoyable thread.

Oh_Snap

I've said few years ago that Coutinho is much better player than Özil and I was the laughing stock just
Well you still are. You know that Ghandi saying ... "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you and then they fight you?". With you it's the complete opposite.

HappyChap

Well you still are
That is sad after one player just completed 150m transfer to Barcelona, is capable of scoring, assisting and dribbling and the other guy couldn't attract meaningful interest even when he was free, but logic of an average AM user will not allow him to think that maybe the former could be the better player in the end.

TheArsenalis

I think people who come here when Özil makes few nice passes against trash teams need to chill, then the other camp will be off of this thread because there won't be this world class label on him anymore. I've said few years ago that Coutinho is much better player than Özil and I was the laughing stock just because many people here can't accept that Özil is not that elite player they want him to be. When people who praise Özil accept that he is good in certain type of games and nothing more, people who don't like him stop blaming him for every game we lost, and manager stops playing him in every game even when we all know he will get destroyed, then this could become quite enjoyable thread.
i said it year ago that coutinho is the best no.10 in the world. i agree there. but Özil is an esquisite player.

its not "the elite player we want him to be" its "the elite player we know he can be" no player in the world show class in every game, every player has there edge and conditions in which they thrive more in.

HappyChap

i said it year ago that coutinho is the best no.10 in the world. i agree there. but Özil is an esquisite player.
Be careful with that, people don't accept this stuff easily here.
It's not that he is having a bad day sometimes, the problem is he can't adjust to high pressure games where he is not allowed space, and doesn't have attributes to deal with that. That excludes him from world class category. On the other hand, Coutinho can adjust to every type of game and he can play with Henderson and Millner just as good as playing with Iniesta.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Couldn’t give a hoot what he does or doesn’t do for Germany—never could work out why people do... Well I can, really, but I don’t want to start any arguments.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Still have to wait one year to get the Adidas #10 Özil shirt.

I can't wait for this day, going to get like four shirts of my favourite players as I haven't had one in years!

Özil, Aubameyang, Lacazette and Cech!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Love Özil, his ability isnt in doubt, but he's a luxury player and a player of that ilk needs be game changers, to turn up in the big games and the big moments. But he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom