• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
It is not my job it is the laws

Do people in England get paid even when home sick?

I'm sure they are similar to us. I live in the US. It depends, actually. I earn vacation time off and sick time off. If I call in sick, I use sick leave hours. I get paid for this time the same as my salary calls for 100%. There are jobs where you do not earn paid time off which is typically manual labor jobs or minimal wage stuff (McDonald's) and if you call in sick then you will not get paid for it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It is not my job it is the laws

Do people in England get paid even when home sick?
Eish man. Horrible stuff. In SA we get 30 days paid sick leave for every 24 months of work. Only regulations around that are you may not take more than 2 consecutive days in an 8 week period without a medical certificate to prove it. Other than that, no problem.

ksarp

So are we all in agreement that Jack "Potential@a26" Wilshere should be allowed to leave? At this stage I am curious as to which team will be conned to sign him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Off-topic but I thought it needed saying.

I don’t know what @YeahBee is talking about but Sweden has one of the most generous sick pay systems in Europe. You don’t get paid on the first day but afterwards you get 80% (some employers top it up to 90% capped at €72 per day) of your salary for 14 days. After 14 days you need a doctors note to continue getting paid. You don’t have to “earn” any sick hours. If you’re sick you’re sick. Compare that to the U.K. where you have to be sick for three days before qualifying for statutory sick pay which is about £100 a week and you need a doctors note after 7 days. You’re also only entitled to that for 28 weeks. In Sweden you get paid for as long as the doctor agrees to write you off sick. I’ve known people get paid for being off work for nearly a year because they were “stressed and depressed”.

The best thing about living here is how easy it easy to pull a sickie and how much I get paid for doing it. I even get paid 80% of my salary if my boy is sick and i have to stay home with him because he can’t go to school :lol:

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It's a shame to lose a player who has been at the club for so long, but ultimately it's the right decision I think. Hopefully he can find a club where he can play every week and work his way back into the national team.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Really wanted him to stay and get back to his best with us, but reality is a *****..

Wish him all the best in the future..

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Good on him really. Shouldn't stay because he's an Arsenal boy. Wish him all the best but ultimately it's about time.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else think that's a bit of a ****y statement? "I was going to stay for less money but then Emery came along".

IslingtonBornandbred

No hard feelings really.

First thoughts were if he's agreed a new contract, then if he wanted to stay then he could have stayed and fought for his place and it would be down to him to perform and show that he deserves more playing time, but on second thought I have a feeling that Emery probably didn't lay out a masterplan for him and probably gave him some signals and subtle hints that he didn't really fancy him so Wilshere thought it was best he moved on.

Right decision for both parties in my opinion at this stage.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
So basically Emery told him " Listen, son, you're a crock and I'd have you around, but only when my main options are injured or suspended. If you're okay with that, then you're welcome to stay. If not, take a hike."

It's understandable to not include him in his plans given his reliability and even when fit, he doesn't exactly offer much on the pitch.
It's always a bit awful when players that came through the academy are given the boot, but this is the sensible decision that had to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom