• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Damn, it's not a Arsenal Wenger level, but it's so hard to watch. :(

Yeah, I was so attached to him as a player, remember how hyped I was after that performance vs West ham(?) reserves, and then his breakthrough in the first team, from his performances in the carling cup to becoming a mainstay in the midfield, I really believed he was special..

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Does this basically confirm that the team knew Wenger was leaving as early a January? Because that's the last time we offered Wilshere a new contract and the fact he's come out and said he accepted the terms but left because the new manager isn't going to play him, well that suggest he knew Wenger was leaving. If you were happy with the terms why not sign the deal in January? Unless you knew serious change was coming.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Hope he chooses Milan or another abroad club.

Not another Ox feeling.

Serie A always sounded like a great option to me. The set-ups in Italy always seem to do a fantastic job at extending careers. I've read plenty of stories of medical teams in Italy finding fixes for problems players had elsewhere.

A slower more tactical game, I think he could do great things in Italy.

Fantastic news that Wilshere is leaving guys. Gave us a few good games and that is it and then there are the injuries.

Will enjoy watching him play for Wolves......sometimes.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I expected this no matter who was the new manager to be honest, one of Wengers biggest flaws is his loyalty to players who he should probably just let go of, I honestly couldn't see many other managers guaranteeing him anything other than a limited squad role.

Hope he can flourish at a little bit down the league, but in all honesty I can't really see him staying a top level for too much longer.

Reactions: FEH

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm glad this saga is over. Fair play he settled on the reduced offer but more importantly, he isn't up for real competition and that's what we need. I'm very surprised he didn't back himself to start and wasn't prepared to reinvent himself the way Arteta and Santi did. I thinks it's best all round. Bye Jack and be healthy.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
A shame and a case of what might have been without all the injuries, but I wish him all the best for the future.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hope he chooses Milan or another abroad club.

Not another Ox feeling.

Don't think he'll move abroad because of his kids (two of which have different mothers to the woman he's married to now).

Also he's certainly not going to a top 6 rival. Crystal Palace, West Ham or Wolves if I was to guess.

blaze_of_glory

Anyone else think that's a bit of a ****y statement? "I was going to stay for less money but then Emery came along".
I can see how you could read that into it, but I think it was more like he was willing to stay for less money if he knew he'd be a key player, and Emery was honest with him that he wouldn't be.

I think Jack just wanted to be clear to the fans that his first choice was to stay and play here, and that the only reason he's going is to be able to play more. Seems like Emery was willing to sign him on again, but in a squad role that Jack didn't want. Fair enough all around I think. Jack wants to play, Emery is not going to make concessions for him given the other CMs in the squad.

But I guess we'll find out more later as we always do.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Fantastic news that Wilshere is leaving guys. Gave us a few good games and that is it and then there are the injuries.

Will enjoy watching him play for Wolves......sometimes.

I wouldn't say it's fantastic news but it is sensible news mixed with a bit of sadness. Anyway, good luck jacky boy as we go our separate ways.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Gutted.

Really hope Ramsey renews, Kos regains his form or some of the young players truly break through.

Maybe means not as big a fan as some but I need that connection to players. Far too much first team change in recent years & dropping down the table!

Santi, Jack & Wenger in one summer is alot.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is sad. Even those of you who'd completely given up on him, you've got to cast your minds back to all those years ago. Remember when we first saw him in the academy? Remember when he broke through? I'm not saying it's not the right decision, but this isn't just another player leaving. It's Wilshere. You may be jaded by years of disappointment and false dawns, but he was our great hope. He really was one of our own.

Must be a tough time for him right now, missing out on the England squad and now leaving his boyhood club. I just hope he can go on and have a good career now.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Arsenalfive_2876279.jpg

:eek:ops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom