• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Reading between the lines there I’d say he’s f*cked off with Gazidis. The constant between regimes.

Don’t know why they’d open contract talks with him knowing they’d give Wenger the push. Looks like Arséne fought his corner and got him the contract offer.

Then it seems Emery has come in and said he doesn’t want him which he’s within his right to do so Gazidis has then pulled the offer.

Extremely spineless from Ivan it seems but not really surprising.
Where are you getting this? He’s saying himself he didn’t want the role on the fringes that Emery offered him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Gonna miss Jack. Wish he stayed, now that Wenger is not here to force him into the line-up he could have been a good squad option. Maybe fight his way up from there.

Thank you Jack, we love you.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

It's sad but his legs have gone and it's probably the best decision all round. The romantic in me wanted Jack to stay forever - he's an Arsenal/West Ham boy and I always wanted him to do well.

Like I said it's the best decision and just sad that he never fulfilled the promise he showed as a young kid breaking through. Wish him well in his 'next chapter'

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Anyone think one of the big clubs may take a flyer on him?

Chelsea are really cutting back on spending... Have an ageing Cesc, Drinkwater & Barkley getting minutes.

progman07

Established Member
By the way it's funny that he brings up Emery as someone who has had a major effect on his decision. Surely we offered him a contract before Wenger stepped down, yet he left it to the last month of his contract...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Where are you getting this? He’s saying himself he didn’t want the role on the fringes that Emery offered him.

A fringe role is essentially saying he wants him out. Reading his Instagram status, the omission of Gazidis in his thank you list is damning.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Anyone think one of the big clubs may take a flyer on him?

Chelsea are really cutting back on spending... Have an ageing Cesc, Drinkwater & Barkley getting minutes.

He wants game time, would make no sense to join another top club and hopefully he doesn't do this to us.

West Ham, Palace surely - if he wants to stay in England.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Emery didn't offer him a key role, but he could stay and fight for his place. It's a new manager, new project and everybody will get a chance ffs. Instead Wilshere is leaving his boyhood club after SEVENTEEN years because Emery didn't promise a starting spot.
I'm not even surprised, this is the guy who ran away to Bournemouth because he didn't want to compete with Elneny and Coquelin.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
By the way it's funny that he brings up Emery as someone who has had a major effect on his decision. Surely we offered him a contract before Wenger stepped down, yet he left it to the last month of his contract...

Well yeah. The contract was offered way before we knew Wenger was going and we know Wenger loves him and would tell him what he wanted to hear yet he didn't accept it. Now he reckons he would've accepted the contract that he has been rejecting for the last 6 months.

blaze_of_glory

I don't think we know that the contract offer when Wenger was here had any more guarantee of a key role than it did once Emery arrived.

Remember Wenger didn't guarantee Jack anything and that's partly why he went on loan a couple seasons ago.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Well yeah. The contract was offered way before we knew Wenger was going and we know Wenger loves him and would tell him what he wanted to hear yet he didn't accept it. Now he reckons he would've accepted the contract that he has been rejecting for the last 6 months.

I'm pretty sure the Emery deal was done months ago, talk of Arteta et al are media fodder in my opinion.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really hope Wilshere to kick on in his new team and then start ahead of the poverty players in England midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom