• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

Excluding Barcelona tie favorite Jack moment: Norwich goal or dropping the shoulder and absolutely demolishing Nasri?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No doubt the best thing for the club and for Jack. Terrible fit for the system Emery will play. Would have been sitting the bench and eating up wages that can go to someone who can be more valuable to the team. Jack is good on the ball and a good passer, but other areas of his game are not up to Arsenal standard (at least if they have top 4 ambitions). He's better off at a mid-table club (I'm hoping for Crystal Palace, where he could reunite with Hodgson). He can play regularly, be a more integral part of the team and maybe work his way back into the England mix.

I'm not totally without sentiment, but the fact is that he's still going to be making millions playing a child's game. I won't feel too sorry for him when there are people struggling to get by or living in poverty in this world. Best of luck to him. Hopefully he'll get his career back on track, even if he obviously will never quite reach the heights of promise we once saw in him.

Sorry but your reasoning baffles me. Football emotions are completely separate to real world emotions. Nobody in their right mind thinks a player leaving a club is akin to poverty or war. Football is a trivial thing that we all take very seriously, that's the whole point of it: to avoid having to take serious things seriously.

It seems to me that people pick and choose when to bring reality back into football. If they personally don't feel sad about something, they'll say how well-paid footballers are and that there are starving people. But then they'll be sad about something else or happy about something else. Just say you personally don't feel sad about it.

When Wenger left Claude from AFTV trotted out a line every 5 mins saying how he saw a homeless person in the street so it wasn't sad that Wenger was leaving. He was using that to get around the fact he just personally didn't feel sad to see Wenger leave. That's his right, and it's your right to not care that much about Wilshere, but don't bring real world problems into it. Once you do that we might as well just pack up and go home.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
When Wenger left Claude from AFTV trotted out a line every 5 mins saying how he saw a homeless person in the street so it wasn't sad that Wenger was leaving. He was using that to get around the fact he just personally didn't feel sad to see Wenger leave. That's his right, and it's your right to not care that much about Wilshere, but don't bring real world problems into it. Once you do that we might as well just pack up and go home.
Thank you!

A bit of a diverging thing, but compared to some of the things we see in the world, even the horrific tackle on Diaby was nothing and he got prompt medical attention. Nor was the Eduardo tackle particularly brutal, and he still earned millions.

Doesn't mean it wasn't sad. Same here, same with Wenger.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenga wouldn't have let him go, methinks. He is the first victim of the changes upstairs.

hope he comes back to us one day.
JC, talk about being dramatic. This club needed change. This is a good thing. We can't have players who spend months on the sidelines soaking up massive wages and we can't be a club constantly being patient with someone who by now should be tearing the league up.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
As much as I think he currently is not yet up to his best, I cannot help it but to feel worried about loosing such a talented talented player.

It is going to be a risk and could still come back to haunt us in the future, he is a sleeping giant and so unique in his own way as Özil is in his style of play. Both so intelligent on the field and unpredictive.

When it comes to that instinct of a very moment, to make the right, special thing, something you cannot learn but just gotta have, Wilsh and Özil are the two best in our squad.

That being said, as anyone on here, I wish him all the best such that he can fully revive his career. Just may it not be against us where he finally finds his 'Mojo' again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There will be the opportunity to talk properly when the time is right but for now I would just like to thank everyone at the club for everything over the past 17 years, in particular Arsène Wenger and his staff,

Looking forward to his book then. An honest letter to fans.

He hasn’t been the same since his sequence of injuries, so it’s sad, but not really surprised.

Emery behaving honourably here and telling the lad the truth . . . it seems Arsène Wenger’s wish that the club carries on with his values is for now a reality.

Totally agree with @Slartibartfast, these are first world problems for Jack. He’ll have a chance at another club and still be earning thousands a week. Like Wenger, looking forward to following what he does next.

Good luck Jack.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How long has his offer been on the table? Bit of a cop out saying he was going to stay on less money when even when Wenger was here he had yet to sign.

Best for both in the end, yes Wilshere could potentially start performing again but it wasn’t going to happen here; similar to Scz.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

JW has always been England over anything and missing out on the squad must’ve played a massive role in the decision.
His next move is so massive. Choosing wrong club/manager could see his career seriously plummet. I don’t see any good fits except for Crystal Palace. He doesn’t seem the type to go abroad either. Didn’t he choose Bournemouth over ACM?

Jae

How long has his offer been on the table? Bit of a cop out saying he was going to stay on less money when even when Wenger was here he had yet to sign.

Just speculating mate, but to me it looks like he's had an inkling that Wenger was leaving and was holding out in the hope that the new manager would move heaven and earth to keep him.

Unfortunately it's blown up in his face.

Giroud12

Such a shame, but its the best option for both parts I guess.

Immense talent, possibly the biggest I've seen along with Messi and Cesc. The way he completely bossed that Barca midfield - probably the best mid 3 the game has ever seen - was just surreal. Would have been absolute world class if not for all the injuries.

Imagine Jack-Diaby-Rosicky with RVP up front. Oh what could have been...

Best of luck!!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Was hoping against hope, that he continues but sadly it isn't to be. Supported the feller since he was 16 year old and always hoped that he'll fulfill his initial promise at Arsenal. Don't blame Emery, if his plans dont involve Wilshere then its the right decision to let him go. The club could have played the situation better though, he's worth 30m in this market we should've got him to extend last year.

WhatAFC

People have some weird opinions. If a manager tells you that you’re not in his plans then he’s telling you to leave the club.

Jack is 26 and has lost so many years to injury do you think it would be wise to try and change a managers mind? He’s not 19 or an unknown, emery knows what he’s about and decided his style and attributes aren’t for his team.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not overly bothered about JW leaving to be honest, it felt like he left when he went on loan to Bournemouth.

Interested to know where he will end up though and how much someone is willing to pay him, surely Crystal Palace for example wont be paying him over 70k..?

wigner

People have some weird opinions. If a manager tells you that you’re not in his plans then he’s telling you to leave the club.

Jack is 26 and has lost so many years to injury do you think it would be wise to try and change a managers mind? He’s not 19 or an unknown, emery knows what he’s about and decided his style and attributes aren’t for his team.

What kind of manager could not use of a Jack Wilshere? Whatever his limitations are, nobody in the squad has his skillset. A manager focused on discipline, could have helped him mature into the world-class player he promised to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom