• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Was he not up for the fight or not up for the pay cut that was going to follow?

Maybe it is neither. Maybe he sees who is ahead of him in a system which won;t suit him and he has decided instead of his career dwindling into obscurity he can take it by the scruff of the neck and finish strongly. I respect him for that.

This was the best decision for both parties. All the nostalgia in this thread is blinding people. A fecking game against Barca 8 years ago JC! People beg for change and then when it comes they cry like little girls.

WhatAFC

Harsh but I feel fair. He could have made the decision to stay at the club he loved and force his way back into the managers plans. But he decided to opt against that. Was he not up for the fight or not up for the pay cut that was going to follow?

Either way he came up against an obstacle and he decided to take the easy option.
It’s a really illogical opinion to have.

So there is probably a 2/3 year contract on the table at reduced wages and a chunk based on performance/appearance based bonus’. You think it’s a smart career move for jack to sign that deal, whilst making it harder for him to move as he would then command a transfer fee.

The manager has told him to find a new club, but you think it’s better to waste a year of his career that he’s already lost a lot of, trying to prove a manager wrong? There will be plenty of clubs who will offer jack the same money, if not more, whilst also playing under a manager who he knows wants him.

Can you tell me of any players have been told they are not needed by a new manager and forced their way into their plans? It just doesn’t happen.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There will be plenty of clubs who will offer jack the same money, if not more, whilst also playing under a manager who he knows wants him.
Here is where you are wrong. No club bigger than us will be stupid enough to sign Jack now. He's Palace/West Ham bound. Sad to see because he could definitely have been greater but that is his level.

WhatAFC

Cause everyone goes on about a great game against Barcelona. And I've seen him have a better game. And one great game doesn't make a great career.
Because it was his best performance for us. I don’t want him to stay because of that performance, it’s just the one I most remember from him because of the way he played and who it was against.

He needs to move and as a few have said it’s probably best for all that it is happening.

WhatAFC

Here is where you are wrong. No club bigger than us will be stupid enough to sign Jack now. He's Palace/West Ham bound. Sad to see because he could definitely have been greater but that is his level.
I didn’t say a club bigger than us would. But we aren’t actually that big anymore. Juve have been touted as interested and they certainly are bigger than us.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would not be surprised if Chelsea make a late move.

They have cut back on spending, not a great midfield & some big contracts running down. Jack on a free could be worth the risk.

Sarri would be cool with the smoking.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Surreal seeing him leave. He was one of those players where, as soon as I saw him play for the reserves the first time, I instinctively felt he was potentially a generational talent. He had everything to be great. It is just incredibly sad that it never worked out in the end. But that's football sometimes.

I do hope he fulfills his potential, even if it's somewhere else.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pray do tell why a game 8 years ago is being used to highlight the players strengths when we had virtually a full season of him more recently

What, so just because whoever on AM has used a game that took place 8 years ago to highlight his strengths, that must be the only example there is?

:lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Surreal seeing him leave. He was one of those players where, as soon as I saw him play for the reserves the first time, I instinctively felt he was potentially a generational talent. He had everything to be great. It is just incredibly sad that it never worked out in the end. But that's football sometimes.

I do hope he fulfills his potential, even if it's somewhere else.

Still think he will , that extra yard he used to have could return in the next one or two season if he stays fit .

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

197 games in 9 years - didn't realise it was that bad. Hopefully he can put his injury record behind him and go on to have a decent career at another club.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I didn’t say a club bigger than us would. But we aren’t actually that big anymore. Juve have been touted as interested and they certainly are bigger than us.
Fair enough, if he goes to Juve.

Worth noting that I'm sad about this. I love Jack, always have. But I think this change was coming. We're redefining ourselves in the face of uncertainty and I think that's exactly the route to keep up with the rest

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Always thought he would be around the club for a long time to come, regardless of circumstances. Unfortunately that it's ending this way and injuries made it so that Ramsey is seen as significantly ahead. Had always hoped he would fulfil his potential with us.

Shame that he is not needed and since many wanted us to be ruthless, this is one of the consequences. Feels like a part of the club is being lost.

Good luck to you super Jack and thank you for always being that fan on the pitch! Your expression of love towards the club was always great to see for us who feel the same but do not have the talent to play.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thinking that I only saw him 197 it so times puts a lot of perspective on things. One side is the injury issue but the other is that, well, its a lot of magic if you consider how few games that us over nine years. Hope we see him have a good career elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom