• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

wigner

Leeeeeeeno!

Very happy with this signing. It really does make you wonder why on earth the positions we have desperately needed to strengthen for some time are now being sorted in such an efficient manner.

Because, none of these are stellar signings. These are signings an Everton or a West Ham or Crystal Palace would make. The target at Arsenal used to be the League, and in 2016 we were second. The target now is just not to place lower than 6th.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Because, none of these are stellar signings. These are signings an Everton or a West Ham or Crystal Palace would make. The target at Arsenal used to be the League, and in 2016 we were second. The target now is just not to place lower than 6th.
That is what you think. We were 2nd IIRC, if you count home form.

We have a far better team now than in 2016. We have Mkhi, Auba, Ramsey, Özil, Bellerin, and these players would start for any other team in the world. Only Alexis is the one player who would have made this team from the 2016 lot.

Leno is the best available GK around unless you count crazy money. Who would you have bought?

wigner

We have a far better team now than in 2016. We have Mkhi, Auba, Ramsey, Özil, Bellerin, and these players would start for any other team in the world. Only Alexis is the one player who would have made this team from the 2016 lot.

Leno is the best available GK around unless you count crazy money. Who would you have bought?

You pay crazy money for a top GK. Otherwise, its hardly an upgrade over Ospina, Cech and what we already have.

TheArsenalis

We don;t have crazy money to spend though. We have several positions to strengthen. We're going about it in the best way possible and much more pro-active than ever before.
Bra we need to spend big. And im talking real big stupensous. The typa money that would make us say we pay more for ours that means he better.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Bra we need to spend big. And im talking real big stupensous. The typa money that would make us say we pay more for ours that means he better.
Let me break this down for you. If you have 1 cent and the ice cream costs 2 cents. How many ice creams can you have?

In football it is more like. We have 1 cent now. We might have 2 cents next season if we only spend half a cent now. But if we spend 2 cents now then for five seasons we only have half a cent.

Football finance is a finite thing for some clubs.....

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Leno is an upgrade on Cech, Leichsteiner is back up to Bellerin (we didnt have cover) Sokratis will be our best CB, and Torreira has the potential to be a great player, he will be a starter straight away. Not sure what your idea of a stellar signing is but from what I see this is becoming a stellar window, putting us in the position to regain top 4, winning the PL will come later!

TheArsenalis

Let me break this down for you. If you have 1 cent and the ice cream costs 2 cents. How many ice creams can you have?

In football it is more like. We have 1 cent now. We might have 2 cents next season if we only spend half a cent now. But if we spend 2 cents now then for five seasons we only have half a cent.

Football finance is a finite thing for some clubs.....
Making a joke man. The old retoric we have to spend huge to get quality is getting on my nerves

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

I would have gone for Oblak. I hope this guy makes it big here but I can't help but be concerned that he is not considered to be even the 3rd best German keeper.

Wilshere1010

I would have gone for Oblak. I hope this guy makes it big here but I can't help but be concerned that he is not considered to be even the 3rd best German keeper.
We don't have the money to activate Oblak's release clause. Even if we did, its hard to see why he would drop down to the Europa League to play for us.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He is the 3rd best German GK :lol:... Only Neuer and Ter Stegen are ahead of him. The latter only being so very recently.

Someone posted the breakdown as to why he is 4th in the pecking order... It has nothing to do with his ability.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We don't have the money to activate Oblak's release clause. Even if we did, its hard to see why he would drop down to the Europa League to play for us.
The answer is money
He is the 3rd best German GK :lol:... Only Neuer and Ter Stegen are ahead of him. The latter only being so very recently.

Someone posted the breakdown as to why he is 4th in the pecking order... It has nothing to do with his ability.
Well that's a relief.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Perspective matters. We may all want the Alissons/Ter Stegens and Oblaks of this world but they want the City's/Madrid's of this world.

For such a release clause, Leno is a great purchase. Most of the top teams have their GK issues sorted to even need him otherwise he would have gone a while back.

Stannis

people forget that PEA and Mhki have been here for only 6 months. PEA is a marquee signing and imo everyone else would’ve considered Mhki to be as well before he went to United and got Mourinhoed. Now is the time for smart signings rather than spectacular. More so than the budget we are hampered by lack of champions league. Why would an Allison or Oblak come here?

Tbh I’m surprised that Torrieia is coming. A lot of Serie A experts rate him amongst the best young midfielders in Italy. If he was a bit taller we may not have had him.

It’s right to expect the best imo, but even then I think some people are being ungrateful or should I say unrealistic. Given the constraints that are on us, I think our business thus far has been excellent

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

people forget that PEA and Mhki have been here for only 6 months. PEA is a marquee signing and imo everyone else would’ve considered Mhki to be as well before he went to United and got Mourinhoed. Now is the time for smart signings rather than spectacular. More so than the budget we are hampered by lack of champions league. Why would an Allison or Oblak come here?

Tbh I’m surprised that Torrieia is coming. A lot of Serie A experts rate him amongst the best young midfielders in Italy. If he was a bit taller we may not have had him.

It’s right to expect the best imo, but even then I think some people are being ungrateful or should I say unrealistic. Given the constraints that are on us, I think our business thus far has been excellent
It’s not that Leno is a bad player but we had four gaps in the squad and filled all of them with smart signings. Would have liked one of them to be a big signing and most expected that big signing to be in goal.

People are expecting a winger and one would be nice but I won’t be surprised if we’re done for the summer.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It’s not that Leno is a bad player but we had four gaps in the squad and filled all of them with smart signings. Would have liked one of them to be a big signing and most expected that big signing to be in goal.

People are expecting a winger and one would be nice but I won’t be surprised if we’re done for the summer.

actually think we need another CM more than a winger now that Jack leaves

people hype up our youngsters too much

El Neny is our only other senior CM!

especially since I reckon we are gonna play 3 man midfield like god intended

Top Bottom