• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Éver Banega

Zaza

Signing Banega is very indicative of a 3-man midfield, so we're finally getting a hint there which is nice. Unless Elneny or Ramsey is leaving of course, but little to no news is about in that regard.
Means Ramsey is most likely leaving

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Means Ramsey is most likely leaving

giphy.gif

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
About 7 years too late, exactly the same thing with Arteta.
While I did feel we signed Arteta far too late he still gave us some years.

I'd be happy with Banega too. Not as a starter but as a solid rotation option. We suffer from injuries in midfield and always have.

Reactions: Jae

Dammit

He has 3 years left in him at the top, an Arteta type of signing, but a better player all around. Have seen him a few times and he is a really solid play, not elite, but solid. Can help us on our route back to the CL on the cheap. Would be a squad player though, can't see him accepting that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The one thing that makes me doubt this is Banega presumably would want to be a starter and I don’t see that if Ramsey stays.

Jae

While I did feel we signed Arteta far too late he still gave us some years.

I'd be happy with Banega too. Not as a starter but as a solid rotation option. We suffer from injuries in midfield and always have.

Agreed mate! Thought Arteta did really well for us to be fair, think it'll be the same with Banega if we sign him, I just feel like in typical Arsenal style we've pulled the trigger too late.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why do people feel this would mean Ramsey's off?

Xhaka
Torreira
Ramsey

Banega

Elneny
AMN

Unless people see Iwobi and Mkhi as central midfielders surely that's just the required level we need?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Xhaka
Torreira
Ramsey

Banega

Elneny
AMN

Unless people see Iwobi and Mkhi as central midfielders surely that's just the required level we need?
Exactly we let jack and santi go, 2 out 2 in makes sense. I dont want ramsey to get comfortable either he needs pushing.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Xhaka
Torreira
Ramsey

Banega

Elneny
AMN

I see Iwobi as a CM, that's where he is best.
But Ramsey is here to stay, IF he agrees on a contract - no questions asked.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka
Torreira
Ramsey

Banega

Elneny
AMN

I think it’s more that people don’t expect Banega to be happy with sitting on the bench.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Iwobi definitely showed positive signs playing cm towards the end of the season and I'd be keen on seeing him get more time there. He's also depth in the advanced positions so a good squad member.

Latest posts

Top Bottom